By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy coming to Switch

RolStoppable said:

Obviously ports came to my mind, because I clearly said it in my post that even those old consoles had ports, including Super Mario All-Stars which nobody thought of as a third-hand title.

I am baffled by the level of denial in your post.

Oh, you mean the port that had a brand new Mario game that never released in the US up to that point? Is that the one you're referring to?

Around the Network

Honestly never expected this.

AlfredoTurkey said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Games like Donkey Kong, Pacman, and even Tetris were ports and people LOVED them

Tetris on Gameboy, sure, people loved. But that was because it was the first time it released. The NES version was ignored for the most part. The other games you mentioned were also... you want to know the truth? I didn't even KNOW they existed in 1986 and I just got my NES. No one cared about those old games. We wanted Super Mario Bros., Metroids, Ninja Gaiden, Mega man and Zelda... we didn't give two shits about Pac-Man on our NES. That was old hat.

Tetris sold 5.5 million on NES and wasn't bundled IIRC, the Donkey Kong ports sold a combined 3.8 million...I wouldn't say "no one cared about those old games".

PortisheadBiscuit said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Tetris on Gameboy, sure, people loved. But that was because it was the first time it released. The NES version was ignored for the most part. The other games you mentioned were also... you want to know the truth? I didn't even KNOW they existed in 1986 and I just got my NES. No one cared about those old games. We wanted Super Mario Bros., Metroids, Ninja Gaiden, Mega man and Zelda... we didn't give two shits about Pac-Man on our NES. That was old hat.

Tetris sold 5.5 million on NES and wasn't bundled IIRC, the Donkey Kong ports sold a combined 3.8 million...I wouldn't say "no one cared about those old games".

Yeah, you're right. I'm wrong. When people think NES, the next thing they think is Pac-Man

AlfredoTurkey said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm wrong. When people think NES, the next thing they thing is Pac-Man

I don't think anyone is saying that, just that ports have been around for a long time is all. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm wrong. When people think NES, the next thing they thing is Pac-Man

I don't think anyone is saying that, just that ports have been around for a long time is all. 

I never said they weren't. I said that back in the day when I was young, ports weren't focused on. They took a back seat. People didn't focus on them. None of my friends and I sat around, waiting for our Nintendo Power issues in the mail and hoping that they were going to announce that a port of Donkey Kong was coming out. We weren't calling out for them... and we just didn't care.

That's what I'm saying. Back then, they were an after thought. Now? They're front row and center. Hell, Nintendo dedicates entire fucking Directs to them. Entire threads are made daily with tons of people clamoring, begging for Wii U games to be ported. 

The number one selling game of the eighth gen is going to end up being a seventh gen game. I don't think I need to say more.

AlfredoTurkey said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

I never said they weren't. I said that back in the day when I was young, ports weren't focused on. They took a back seat. People didn't focus on them. None of my friends and I sat around, waiting for our Nintendo Power issues in the mail and hoping that they were going to announce that a port of Donkey Kong was coming out. We weren't calling out for them... and we just didn't care.

That's what I'm saying. Back then, they were an after thought. Now? They're front row and center. Hell, Nintendo dedicates entire fucking Directs to them. Entire threads are made daily with tons of people clamoring, begging for Wii U games to be ported. 

The number one selling game of the eighth gen is going to end up being a seventh gen game. I don't think I need to say more.

I dunno, a great game is a great game. Not everyone had a Wii U, so it makes sense to port them to the more popular Switch. Why would Nintendo not capitalize on that? They're in business to make money, it's not a passion project, investors want revenue and profits

Regarding what I think you're referring to, GTA V, more than likely the same thing will happen with GTA 6 and PS5/XB2. That's all timing, not some malicious plan to have a port be the best selling game of the gen. These games are extremely expensive to produce, of course they're going to capitalize on potential revenue. 

curl-6 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Yeah all the games I mentioned are stellar. Do you even know what those games are? 

Can't see a single title there that remotely deserves to be called "stellar". Just what are these allegedly "stellar" games?

So.. what do you think a Stellar game is? I'm genuinely curios. Stellar is somewhat of an subjective opinion but taking a look at what reviewers which is as objective as we could possibly go:

How about Owlboy with an 88 Meta, Undertale with 92? Ys 85? Wolf 2 87? Darkest Dungen 85? DKC:TF 83?

Mbolibombo said:
curl-6 said:

Can't see a single title there that remotely deserves to be called "stellar". Just what are these allegedly "stellar" games?

So.. what do you think a Stellar game is? I'm genuinely curios. Stellar is somewhat of an subjective opinion but taking a look at what reviewers which is as objective as we could possibly go:

How about Owlboy with an 88 Meta, Undertale with 92? Ys 85? Wolf 2 87? Darkest Dungen 85? DKC:TF 83?

Wolf 2 I am genuinely looking forward to, it looks superb and is only a few months old, but it was AWOL at this last direct and still has no release date, nor even a release window beyond just "2018". Tropical Freeze was an excellent game, but it came out over 4 years ago. I tried Undertale on PC and hated it, while Owlboy and Ys don't look very appealing to me.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 March 2018

PortisheadBiscuit said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I dunno, a great game is a great game. Not everyone had a Wii U, so it makes sense to port them to the more popular Switch. Why would Nintendo not capitalize on that? They're in business to make money, it's not a passion project, investors want revenue and profits

Regarding what I think you're referring to, GTA V, more than likely the same thing will happen with GTA 6 and PS5/XB2. That's all timing, not some malicious plan to have a port be the best selling game of the gen. These games are extremely expensive to produce, of course they're going to capitalize on potential revenue. 

Yes, we agree... it's all business and they're just trying to turn a cheap buck. But I think it was better when the industry as a whole, which means the people making and selling the games and the people buying them, focused mostly on new games and not double dipping.