By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy coming to Switch

Seems like a lot of people will be happy... I'll look if it is heavily discounted for PS4 during my trip and buy it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol, people act like PS4 hasn't been the recipient of gaggles of ports as well. I don't see the problem with ports as long as there is new software in development concurrently. 

I come from ye old times when new consoles meant new games. We didn't want games from old systems. I guess old habits die hard because I still feel the same way. I have old games. And if I don't, I know where Ebay is. A new console should mean new games imo.

But bla bla bla. 

Even Genesis/Master System had ports from one another like Alexis Kidd, Altered Beast, Sonic and California Games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I’ll admit I was wrong. Definitely did not see this development coming. Thought Sony would prevent it

RolStoppable said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I come from ye old times when new consoles meant new games. We didn't want games from old systems. I guess old habits die hard because I still feel the same way. I have old games. And if I don't, I know where Ebay is. A new console should mean new games imo.

But bla bla bla. 

Your age only shows in the way that you are going senile.

The only console generation without ports was the Atari 2600 era, and even that is arguable because games from the arcades were ported to it.

The NES was full of ports of older arcade games and PC games. The SNES obviously got ports of NES games. Super Mario All-Stars is one of the best-selling games of its generation, so your statement that "we didn't want games from old systems" is laughably wrong.

Throughout the entirety of console history, there have been ports. Today's consoles have a higher number of ports than previous consoles for the simple reason that publishers today have access to a higher number of legacy titles than ever before.

Ports being present is a given, so the only real argument can be about the amount and pedigree of new games. Switch has no problem to be one of the best consoles in video game history when it comes to new games released through year 1. Switch's status won't change for the worse in comparisons that go through year 2.

You can get someone like curl-6 to agree with you, because both of you tend to use an emotional perspective instead of an analytical perspective. Both of you disregard games that you are not interested in, but such an approach has only a tiny chance to be remotely close to an objective statement.

When you think of the NES, what do you think when you think software? Now do the same for SNES, Genesis, PS1 etc. Did a fucking PORT come to mind? I'm guessing not.

And why do you think that is? Is it because back then, ports were treated by gamers like a case herpes?  Is it because game companies back then knew that they were third-hand titles that not many people wanted and kept them in the background? 

The answer to both is yes. We didn't WANT ports. They were scoffed at and dismissed. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
RolStoppable said:

Your age only shows in the way that you are going senile.

The only console generation without ports was the Atari 2600 era, and even that is arguable because games from the arcades were ported to it.

The NES was full of ports of older arcade games and PC games. The SNES obviously got ports of NES games. Super Mario All-Stars is one of the best-selling games of its generation, so your statement that "we didn't want games from old systems" is laughably wrong.

Throughout the entirety of console history, there have been ports. Today's consoles have a higher number of ports than previous consoles for the simple reason that publishers today have access to a higher number of legacy titles than ever before.

Ports being present is a given, so the only real argument can be about the amount and pedigree of new games. Switch has no problem to be one of the best consoles in video game history when it comes to new games released through year 1. Switch's status won't change for the worse in comparisons that go through year 2.

You can get someone like curl-6 to agree with you, because both of you tend to use an emotional perspective instead of an analytical perspective. Both of you disregard games that you are not interested in, but such an approach has only a tiny chance to be remotely close to an objective statement.

When you think of the NES, what do you think when you think software? Now do the same for SNES, Genesis, PS1 etc. Did a fucking PORT come to mind? I'm guessing not.

And why do you think that is? Is it because back then, ports were treated by gamers like a case herpes?  Is it because game companies back then knew that they were third-hand titles that not many people wanted and kept them in the background? 

The answer to both is yes. We didn't WANT ports. They were scoffed at and dismissed. 

Games like Donkey Kong, Pacman, and even Tetris were ports and people LOVED them

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Obviously ports came to my mind, because I clearly said it in my post that even those old consoles had ports, including Super Mario All-Stars which nobody thought of as a third-hand title.

I am baffled by the level of denial in your post.

Super Mario All Stars is a port? You should edit that before someone reports you for trolling?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Sunstrider said:

Crash Bandicoot in Smash confirmed then.

If you hold this post up to your ear, you can hear the echoed cries of Playstation All Star Battle Royale from it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Super Mario All Stars is a port? You should edit that before someone reports you for trolling?

It's a port by Alfredo's definition. If you don't like his definition, complain to him.

I'm going to be generous and assume he didn't mean remastered compilations of top tier games with 'new' content (Lost Levels) when he said 'old games'.

Pyro as Bill said:
RolStoppable said:

Obviously ports came to my mind, because I clearly said it in my post that even those old consoles had ports, including Super Mario All-Stars which nobody thought of as a third-hand title.

I am baffled by the level of denial in your post.

They're all just NES games, his post is 100% correct.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Pyro as Bill said:

They're all just NES games, his post is 100% correct.

Assuming we're talking about the SNES version and not the Wii version then no, it's not a port.