By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 9): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 26 - March 04, 2018

PAOerfulone said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, at current pace Phantom hourglass is five weeks and Link to the Past eleven weeks away. So this summer should both be overtaken. The others are bigger chunks to swallow, we'll have to see how the momentum develops from here.

This is true. The top 3 are going to be quite the mountain to climb, but if Breath of the Wild can maintain that 12k baseline average for the remaining 43 weeks of the year, that would put it at around 1.41 million, and it'll be knocking on Ocarina of Time's door.

Yeah. The Zelda-legs are quite mind-boggling. Zelda beats SMO here, something I never really expected. It is half a year older and usually Mario is bigger than Zelda in Japan. So it seems this Zelda could have incredible legs and maybe make Zelda as a franchise bigger again in Japan.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

That just goes to show just how great, important, and revolutionary for the Zelda franchise Breath of the Wild truly is. 
It wasn't just another universally acclaimed and financially successful Zelda game like all the others, this one is on a whole other level. It's a game changer. 
Granted, when all is said and done, I think Super Mario Odyssey will still be the better selling game in Japan, but the fact that Breath of the Wild is now outselling Odyssey on a weekly basis and showing better legs, despite releasing nearly 8 months earlier, is absolutely incredible!

Wow... even in Japan DW9 bombed.

They really screwed that one up.

DQ builders at 28K doesn't seem like much for Switch, but it is an old port

Am really excited for DQ Builders 2 though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

reviniente said:

Let me address the elephant in the room. Japan might well be the only region where the Xbox One X is outselling the Xbox One S. Also, according to both Kakaku and Amazon, it is the highest rated console. I think M$ is turning the corner here.

It make sense, in Japan nobody cares about base Xbox because of PS4, but is other hand X is good console for 4K TVs.

Megiddo said: 
Carl2291 said: 
I wonder how long the Switch can hold >50% marketshare.

It really is starting to dominate the Japanese market, even with apparent supply issues.

Switch certainly dominated Japan last year, but the same cannot be said this year. Pretty sure PS4 is still way up in terms of YTD Japan sales.

Only reason why PS4 had huge boost in sales is MHW that's probably biggest game in Japan that PS4 will ever get not to mention this year. MHW is started weaking, but MHW is so strong that will raise base line (maybe we would expect around average 5k higher sales) for PS4 compared to last year. On Switch side, it has currently base line of around 40k without any bigger release, in around week Kirby will launched and in April we have Labo, and than Hyrule Warriors, DKTF, Mario Aces...so base line be higher than curently, and in September-October-November we can expect around two hevi hitters. So yeah, Switch will dominate PS4 this year also, especially because last year Switch has huge stock problems and this year stock problems are not so serious.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 08 March 2018

Around the Network

BotW at 900.000 next week.

Marth said:
So with all the new announcements for Splatoon 2 I think its strong legs will be going for even longer.

Im really curious how much of an increase Patch 3.0 will bring in April.

A bundle coming too. My 5mil prediction looking realistic now lmao

MS, just pull out of Japan already. I know you’re there to appear global and all, but this is just a disaster. Honestly, most of us Xbox fans don’t even care about that region’s games. We barely buy them when we have the option.

tbone51 said:
Marth said:
So with all the new announcements for Splatoon 2 I think its strong legs will be going for even longer.

Im really curious how much of an increase Patch 3.0 will bring in April.

Is it out now or only up for pre order?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
tbone51 said:

Marth said:
Jranation said:

The release date is on the 17th according to amazon Japan

Lmao great timing with Kirby, i was thinking a 60k+ week woth kirby doing massive but this changes things. Minimum 80k+?

Splat2 going to do 40k+ that week as well :P