By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants To Be President For Life

This thread is a microcosm of why I hate politics.  

It dissolves into two groups of extremists who are determined to over exaggerate everything and turn any kind of discussion into "alt-right" versus "leftist" bullshit.  

It's exactly like the console wars except a lot more childish.

CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:

I don't know if you're being serious here or not.  If you are then you should really develop a better understanding of the law before posting about this.  The allegations of sexual assault, for example, would have to go somewhere legally to have any weight.  

The only thing there with any potential to have an effect is the Russia situation and that would require proof.  

Just saying "I don't like him, he should be removed" is meaningless.  If citizens could do that then NO presidency would last longer than a year.

Tell that to the victims of increased police profiling, or the survivors of increased mass shootings.

Okay.  I'm not going to seek them out, though, so they'll have to come here and read what I've already posted.

Around the Network

Hey OP let me know when you find a real site to get real facts, Trump says shit like this to make the lefts head explode and he does so well living in the lefts head rent free.

I love the man. Nothing on a video game forum can or will ever change that.

CaptainExplosion said:

Trump said that China's new president is president for life, and that the United States "should give it a shot" some day.

More proof he's a sociopath, a fascist, and a dictator, so impeach him now.

Do you know what the act of impeachment is? It's indictment for a crime, which leads to Congress deciding whether or not to remove someone from office independently of that if they are found guilty of said crime. Clinton was impeached, found guilty of lying under oath and Congress did not get enough votes to remove him from office.

While I don't doubt Trump has committed a hilariously large amount of crimes, it needs to be proven in a congressional court.

why not??

I can imagine how Republicans would have reacted if Obama had made such a dictatorial statement 🙂.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

This thread is a microcosm of why I hate politics.  

It dissolves into two groups of extremists who are determined to over exaggerate everything and turn any kind of discussion into "alt-right" versus "leftist" bullshit.  

It's exactly like the console wars except a lot more childish.

QFT

Normally I dismiss Trump hate.

But suggesting you should be president for life is never good.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

From the signature to all the posts on this thread... OP really needs some anger management classes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
Hyperbole man. Did you stop to think you may be doing more damage than good calling out Trump for every little thing, he's not hitler, he's not a dictator, He's most likely not a sociopath. This kind of shit is nonsensical and a big part of the reason he was elected and is still popular, You're giving the man a shield he can use to deflect real issues. I don't think he is the worst president ever or even in recent years but his political opponent and the public who hate him, who go on like this with reactionary over the top nonsense like this make a situation that is not the greatest into a far worse one.

The left is it main enemy... leave them talking for long enough and they kill themselves... and in the case of Trump, they give him a lot of free limelight.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

gigaSheik said:
poklane said:
I have a question for Americans on this sub: what the fuck is it gonna take for you guys to take to the streets to demand his resignation or removal from power?
If a political leader here in western Europe pulls just a fraction of the shit Trump has pulled that person would have been gone for a while now.

Many european political leaders are filling their countries with terrorists disguised as migrants and you are doing nothing while your women are raped, people bombed, shot, ran over and stabbed. If you, europeans, do nothing to stop that who are you to say what other countries should do?

Where is that supposed to happen?

Seriously, the whole continent has less terrorist attacks than the US has school shootings, and the amount of attacks didn't really increase much with the influx of immigrants.

By the way, I could personally vouch for 2 of these immigrants. They where working at our work reinsertion project (originally aimed for long-term jobless people but also perfect for the insertion of immigrant into our society). One is still working there, and he's one of the most hardworking, very open and friendly, and is learning our languages in free time, like our lunch break, and when he's at home. He just understood some basic English when he arrived other than Arabic, so our worker of Algerian descent had to translate to him in the beginning, but less than 2 months later he could understand at least the basics. The second one stayed with us for one year, also hardworking and highly motivated. He went back to Iraq in October to help rebuild the country and it's economy after the war.

If you consider such people as terrorists, then I don't want to know what the (stereo-)typical Redneck would be considered to be