By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants To Be President For Life

Bofferbrauer2 said:
hentai_11 said:

You shouldn't compare terrorist attacks with school shootings. Different pair of shoes ... Your claim is also wrong. 2016 there were 15 school shootings in the US, some even without deaths. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s) Versus 30 terrroristic incidents only in western europe. I only counted the terroristic incidents with fatalities or it would have been more. (source: http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=fatalities&casualties_type=&casualties_max=®ion=8)

Check out the global terrorism database and you will see that terrorism incidents in western europe rose in the last years. So it did increase. However I can't say, if this increase is releated to immigration.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=overtime&casualties_type=&casualties_max=®ion=8

Okay, we may have more attacks than you have shootings in schools. But 30 terrorist attacks all in all in over a dozen countries compared to 15 school shootings in just one is still a sad statistic for the US.

Also, did deeper into the GTD list. The bulk of the increase is not coming from jihadists or other immigrants, but actually from far right movements which have multiplied in the last years. The immigrants are perfect fodder for them 

When your dozen countries are sized smaller than USA even when summed and population is probably about similar, then you can't really claim high ground because of number of countries.

And usually the classification for "far right" is quite laughable on media... and also some people that classify anything conservative, libertarian or even non communist as far right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

If people living inside of their bubbles can't understand what's so disgusting about this president let me paint a clear picture for you. The other day at work this white woman that makes way more money than she deserves walks up to this temp hire employee that happens to be Turkish and says, "this is why I voted for Trump because you people come over here and steal all of our jobs!".

Now this woman was so ignorant to not even care that he's a US citizen already so why say something like that, but she's even more of an idiot because we work in an E.E.O protected government facility in which she may lose her job over this matter. Which frankly I hope she does!

Do i think that Trump created racism? Absolutely not but since he's been president most of his ignorant supporters feel that they are protected under Trumpism to be bigots out in public. We get it many of his supporters hate immigrants, well somewhere down the line they must hate their own families then because unless you are of Native American decent everyone has immigrant blood in their veins. People in the world just want the same opportunity that your forefathers were given once upon a time that's all!

DonFerrari said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Okay, we may have more attacks than you have shootings in schools. But 30 terrorist attacks all in all in over a dozen countries compared to 15 school shootings in just one is still a sad statistic for the US.

Also, did deeper into the GTD list. The bulk of the increase is not coming from jihadists or other immigrants, but actually from far right movements which have multiplied in the last years. The immigrants are perfect fodder for them 

When your dozen countries are sized smaller than USA even when summed and population is probably about similar, then you can't really claim high ground because of number of countries.

And usually the classification for "far right" is quite laughable on media... and also some people that classify anything conservative, libertarian or even non communist as far right.

The difference is that here in mainland western Europe those parties/groups generally consider themselves being far right (though none would admit they'd be extreme right even if it would be a nazi party, as extreme right is an absolute no-go and political suicide) or at least right wing (mainstream right here is center-right, not (just) right (wing)). So if an attack is reported to be from far right extremists, you can be damn sure it is, especially since normally they wait before they know for sure who actually did the attack before identifying them.

CaptainExplosion said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Don't worry about the Donald, He'll be gone in two years no matter what.

If that doesn't work, we have...other ways.

Yeah, that's not something to be joking around with. I get it you're one of those anti trump folks who are so emotionally invested in this guy that you justify such nonsense but there is a line people don't cross. 

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DonFerrari said:

The difference is that here in mainland western Europe those parties/groups generally consider themselves being far right (though none would admit they'd be extreme right even if it would be a nazi party, as extreme right is an absolute no-go and political suicide) or at least right wing (mainstream right here is center-right, not (just) right (wing)). So if an attack is reported to be from far right extremists, you can be damn sure it is, especially since normally they wait before they know for sure who actually did the attack before identifying them.

So how do they consider themselves far right but not admit it??? I'm quite curious.

Funny that over here on the newspaper that is reported from the local Europe newspaper almost all official parties that aren't left oriented are called far right, and any person not abiding to the PC/SJW terminology called an extremist, xenophobic, racist, mysoginist, etc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So how do they consider themselves far right but not admit it??? I'm quite curious.

Funny that over here on the newspaper that is reported from the local Europe newspaper almost all official parties that aren't left oriented are called far right, and any person not abiding to the PC/SJW terminology called an extremist, xenophobic, racist, mysoginist, etc.

Read again: They'll fully admit being far right, but extreme right is the term they don't want to be associated with (that more than just implies Nazism and fascism around here) If you ever played Hearts of Iron, you could consider them calling themselves paternalistic autocrats, but not wanting to be called fascists.

May I ask what newspaper(s) you're referring to? Because I read lots of newspapers (mostly luxembourgish, german and/or french/french belgian ones) and in those unless proven any of these they wouldn't call those groups any of those terms.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Read again: They'll fully admit being far right, but extreme right is the term they don't want to be associated with (that more than just implies Nazism and fascism around here) If you ever played Hearts of Iron, you could consider them calling themselves paternalistic autocrats, but not wanting to be called fascists.

May I ask what newspaper(s) you're referring to? Because I read lots of newspapers (mostly luxembourgish, german and/or french/french belgian ones) and in those unless proven any of these they wouldn't call those groups any of those terms.

Brazilian Newspaper reporting from the european stories sourcing from the local newspaper, but I certainly wouldn't remember them.

Now for the Brazilian News outlets you can have Globo, Terra, Uol, Folha de São Paulo.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I said, that you shouldn't compare it and proved that your claim was wrong. You now act as if only islamic terrorism is true terrorism. It's too much work to separate the islamic terrorism from the non islamic terrorism in the GTD, so I will use another source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014%E2%80%93present)#2016

It list 17 islamic terrorist attacks for 2016. (+4 terror plots, which could be prevented)

So even singling it out to islamic terrorism your claim "... the whole continent has less terrorist attacks than the US has school shootings ..." ist still false. Because 17 is still bigger than 15 school shootings.

Comparing USA and Europe for shooting incidents that injured at least two people is not even funny. USA has huge number of those. It seems totally unbelievable that USA still has such poor gun control and gun regulations. School shootings are just the tip of the iceberg and I don´t see much point in comparing them with terrorist attacks from Europe. Why not compare school shootings with school shootings?