By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants To Be President For Life

CaptainExplosion said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Don't worry about the Donald, He'll be gone in two years no matter what.

If that doesn't work, we have...other ways.

You're the fascist dictator wannabe. You want to impeach because you dont like him and even if the majority re-elect him you'd like to see "others ways" to remove him. If you dont like it dont vote for him. If you dont like the fact that he won according to our election rules then move elsewhere. Don't bend the US to your dictatorial, paranoid urges.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Don't worry about the Donald, He'll be gone in two years no matter what.

I will start by saying that I am no fan of President Trump.I disagree with much of what his administration has to offer with regards to policy (and I believe some of it has been quite damaging to the US and to certain groups of people in the US) and I believe he is greatly degrading the office of the President. His supporters may disagree with my stance and that is totally fine as everyone has a right to their own opinion.

However, I also do no not like what your reply is suggesting (and that includes your reply that you wish he was somehow forcefully removed from office). Your method is going to drive devision and polarization in a country. It is going to drive the people that voted for him because they were disenchanted to more radical extremes, and it will set a bad precedence. In essence, what you desire will further contribute to the problem and create more issues with it.

I look at Trump not as the source of the problem and certainly not as a solution but rather as a symptom of deeper issues. Which includes economic inequality, economic degradation in certain regions within the US (trade deals that disproportionately aide in the development of one part of society at the cost of other parts, which spurs on resentment and anger in the areas that are left behind), dismantling of New Deal era protections for workers (both within and outside of the government). Neither the Republican nor the Democratic parties are working to fix these issues, instead US politicians are tactfully engaged in their divisive culture wars that has polarized US society (white versus black/brown; rural versus urban; diversity versus nativism; men versus women; etc.) which allows them to score short-term political points while people suffer.

Beyond the socioeconomic issues (which I believe are the most substantial), you can look at the democratic system itself in the US. Lets start with the House of Representatives (in both US Federal Government and individual states), where Democrats and Republicans have been gerrymandering in order to make safe seats for themselves. You also have the Citizen's United decision by the Supreme Court that disallows the government from setting campaign funding limits with regards to donations from various organizations and associations (ironically this decision was made based on the interpretation that caping donations by the government will stifle free speech; when in reality, this allows wealthy individuals and organizations to gain even more influence over the government at the cost of individuals that have less). Beyond that we come to the questionable independence and supposed non-partisan aspect of the judiciary branch of government, and more specifically the Federal aspect of it where a partisan President nominates a Judge (often one that shares the political views of the President as opposed to being non-partisan) that has to be confirmed by a partisan Senate; how can you get Federal Judges that act independently from the other two branches of the government and are independent based on this system (as of right now, the US Supreme Court is essentially just as partisan as the legislature)? Finally, we have the electoral collage, which has on several occasions, including with Trump, produced Presidents that have not won the popular support of the nation.

I feel the long-term broad solution to the US's current political malaise is to focus on the problems I described above. The good news is that there are numerous grass roots organizations that people can join to get active in addressing these types of issues and there are existing and emerging politicians willing to take on these issues. However, what you propose, is in many ways a roadblock because it will drive already disenchanted people towards more extremes and it will ultimately not solve much. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that President Trump ought to be held responsible to the letter of the law if he is found to have colluded with Russia or if he performs any other illegal action such as overstaying his mandated term. However, he was elected through the current system and ought to be allowed to serve his mandate so long as he does not violate the law. As for those that do not support him, there are many ways to build a good civic platform to counter him and politicians like him on in the future (I provided a list of some long standing socioeconomic and democratic issues that could be used as a basis).

gigaSheik said:
poklane said:
I have a question for Americans on this sub: what the fuck is it gonna take for you guys to take to the streets to demand his resignation or removal from power?
If a political leader here in western Europe pulls just a fraction of the shit Trump has pulled that person would have been gone for a while now.

Many european political leaders are filling their countries with terrorists disguised as migrants and you are doing nothing while your women are raped, people bombed, shot, ran over and stabbed. If you, europeans, do nothing to stop that who are you to say what other countries should do?

What? Did i miss something? Where did 9/11 happened again? And the Boston Marathon? And font forgett all the mass shootings? In Europe? Well thats new for me. Thx for clarifaction.

And for everyone. I lived in Germany 6 Month ago and now in Switzerland. Before that i was Living in france. I was Born in Vienna Austria. My wife is From Albania and my Brothers wife from Slovakia. In no of that countries i have ever seen someone is raping someone. This are just lies. Germany is one of the grratest countries on earth. And if you would take all the terror attacks happened in europe it wouldnt make even 1% of the causalties happened in the us School Shootings. I am a jewish Kurd. My uncle lost his life against isis. I know how to fight isis and i know that scumbag terrorists very well but it is just simply bot true what you are dtalking about europe. I am living here and it is NOT how people are Discribing it. No mass rapings, no mass shootings or stabbings. Thats europe and not the middle east. And i hope you people get money for your trollings because otherwise you woulf just be idiots to talk so much bs and trash.

Thank god I don’t live in America. It’s like looking at a real life Disney film with Mickey Mouse in charge. Just what has become of that country? It beggars belief.

Around the Network
Pagan said:
And for everyone. I lived in Germany 6 Month ago and now in Switzerland. Before that i was Living in france. I was Born in Vienna Austria. My wife is From Albania and my Brothers wife from Slovakia. In no of that countries i have ever seen someone is raping someone. This are just lies. Germany is one of the grratest countries on earth. And if you would take all the terror attacks happened in europe it wouldnt make even 1% of the causalties happened in the us School Shootings. I am a jewish Kurd. My uncle lost his life against isis. I know how to fight isis and i know that scumbag terrorists very well but it is just simply bot true what you are dtalking about europe. I am living here and it is NOT how people are Discribing it. No mass rapings, no mass shootings or stabbings. Thats europe and not the middle east. And i hope you people get money for your trollings because otherwise you woulf just be idiots to talk so much bs and trash.

Yep. Seen three people in as many threads this week say pretty much the same thing. I don't know where they're getting their 'news' from. But I guess since media and politicians there make assumptions more often we can't blame them for the misinformation...

Sorry about your uncle, that's terrible.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 06 March 2018

Unless I missed an article, I do recall Trump saying that "maybe the US will have one, someday". Not exactly implying he is talking about himself.

But to the Republicans, Trump's own party, the last "lifelong president" worked out so well, didn't it? I mean he was liked so much by voters that the Republicans couldn't get him out of office. However, once he died, they enacted legislation so it could never happen again...

Bofferbrauer2 said: 

Where is that supposed to happen?

Seriously, the whole continent has less terrorist attacks than the US has school shootings, and the amount of attacks didn't really increase much with the influx of immigrants.

You shouldn't compare terrorist attacks with school shootings. Different pair of shoes ... Your claim is also wrong. 2016 there were 15 school shootings in the US, some even without deaths. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s) Versus 30 terrroristic incidents only in western europe. I only counted the terroristic incidents with fatalities or it would have been more. (source: http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=fatalities&casualties_type=&casualties_max=&region=8)

Check out the global terrorism database and you will see that terrorism incidents in western europe rose in the last years. So it did increase. However I can't say, if this increase is releated to immigration.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=overtime&casualties_type=&casualties_max=&region=8

contestgamer said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You're the fascist dictator wannabe. You want to impeach because you dont like him and even if the majority re-elect him you'd like to see "others ways" to remove him. If you dont like it dont vote for him. If you dont like the fact that he won according to our election rules then move elsewhere. Don't bend the US to your dictatorial, paranoid urges.

As Churchill once said... the fascist of tomorrow will call other fascists.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hentai_11 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said: 

Where is that supposed to happen?

Seriously, the whole continent has less terrorist attacks than the US has school shootings, and the amount of attacks didn't really increase much with the influx of immigrants.

You shouldn't compare terrorist attacks with school shootings. Different pair of shoes ... Your claim is also wrong. 2016 there were 15 school shootings in the US, some even without deaths. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s) Versus 30 terrroristic incidents only in western europe. I only counted the terroristic incidents with fatalities or it would have been more. (source: http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=fatalities&casualties_type=&casualties_max=®ion=8)

Check out the global terrorism database and you will see that terrorism incidents in western europe rose in the last years. So it did increase. However I can't say, if this increase is releated to immigration.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=overtime&casualties_type=&casualties_max=®ion=8

Okay, we may have more attacks than you have shootings in schools. But 30 terrorist attacks all in all in over a dozen countries compared to 15 school shootings in just one is still a sad statistic for the US.

Also, did deeper into the GTD list. The bulk of the increase is not coming from jihadists or other immigrants, but actually from far right movements which have multiplied in the last years. The immigrants are perfect fodder for them