By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Discredit? That barren release schedule only proves me accurate. There was nothing to buy for Nintendo Switch fans in 2018 until Kirby. I do thank you for showing that the only game between December 2, 2017 to March 15, 2018 was Bayonetta 2, which had miserable sales pretty much everywhere. Kirby had much to gain since there's practically nothing to buy. And if you take a look at the COMG pre-order thread, the only thing in the top 20 SKU list for pre-orders is the two Nintendo Labo kits. There's nothing else there. That's where the 6 month extension came in, so I'm not sure why you were including games as far back as September? It would only be the most blind fanboy who couldn't that there is a dearth of retail Switch games to buy.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 02 April 2018

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

Discredit? That barren release schedule only proves me accurate. There was nothing to buy for Nintendo Switch fans in 2018 until Kirby. I do thank you for showing that the only game between December 2, 2017 to March 15, 2018 was Bayonetta 2, which had miserable sales pretty much everywhere. Kirby had much to gain since there's practically nothing to buy. And if you take a look at the COMG pre-order thread, the only thing in the top 20 SKU list for pre-orders is the two Nintendo Labo kits. There's nothing else there. That's where the 6 month extension came in, so I'm not sure why you were including games as far back as September? It would only be the most blind fanboy who couldn't that there is a dearth of retail Switch games to buy.

Oh wait do Switch owners only buy Big Nintendo games? Cause that's what it sounds like your saying. There were plenty of other games to buy.

What I'm saying is that there is a vacuum of retail Nintendo Switch games. If you would like to refute that point then please do so. Otherwise I have no idea what you're even attempting to say.

thismeintiel said:
JRPGfan said:

Means its not haveing any stock issues, and supply is meet, which is a good thing, its selling as much as it can atm.

on another note:
Im surprised to see the StarWars Battlefront II PS4Pro 1TB sku shoot up like that.
Was not expecting to see it at #10th spot.

Also Sea of theives physical copy isnt in the top100 on amazon atm, and the digital version at #78.
I would expect them to be higher, based on MS saying how well it was selling.

Those negative reviews are definitely affecting its sales. It'll be interesting to see what it does its first month. 

Negative reviews? Kirby? I mean is this the first kirby release many people have seen or something! 

Reviews are hurting its sales in the slightest. The demographic that mostly buys from this franchise dont pay no heed to reviews

They were referring to Sea of Thieves, not Kirby. If you'd read the original quote you'd see that nowhere did they mention Kirby.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
thismeintiel said:

Those negative reviews are definitely affecting its sales. It'll be interesting to see what it does its first month. 

Negative reviews? Kirby? I mean is this the first kirby release many people have seen or something! 

Reviews are hurting its sales in the slightest. The demographic that mostly buys from this franchise dont pay no heed to reviews

thismeintiel was probably talking about Sea of Thieves there, tbone.

tbone51 said:
thismeintiel said:

Reviews arnt hurting its sales in the slightest. The demographic that mostly buys from this franchise dont pay no heed to reviews

Yeah it was about Sea of Theives.
it dropped out of the top100 on amazon, in less than 2 weeks from its release.

JRPGfan said:
tbone51 said:

Reviews arnt hurting its sales in the slightest. The demographic that mostly buys from this franchise dont pay no heed to reviews

Yeah it was about Sea of Theives.
it dropped out of the top100 on amazon, in less than 2 weeks from its release.

physical version was sold out the first few days of release so people might have gone other places to buy it.

Megiddo said:

What I'm saying is that there is a vacuum of retail Nintendo Switch games. If you would like to refute that point then please do so. Otherwise I have no idea what you're even attempting to say.

From when Mario Odyssey the 27th of October there's been at least 45 physical (not sure If I missed something or not I do believe there are some weird EU games released that I dont ocunt though) games released for the Switch until Kirby released the 16 of March. That's like one every fourth day.

For comparisons sake, let's try this.

In the same period there was 55 physical PS4 retail releases a full 11 more releases over about 140 days. 

And as for digital releases there was a total of 268 releases, not counting Arcade Archives.

And in 2018, there was 16 retail releases before Kirby got released.

If that makes no games to buy in 2018, or a vacuum of retail Switch games.. sure. Then there's a vacuum. 

Do you happen to have a list of those games released physically/retail for the Switch between Odyssey and Kirby? I'd like to read up on them and why I've never heard of barely any of them.

EDIT: I found this list but it doesn't seem comprehensive?

Last edited by Megiddo - on 02 April 2018