By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Carl2291 said:
tbone51 said:

Negative reviews? Kirby? I mean is this the first kirby release many people have seen or something! 

Reviews are hurting its sales in the slightest. The demographic that mostly buys from this franchise dont pay no heed to reviews

thismeintiel was probably talking about Sea of Thieves there, tbone.

This is one of those fails you do when you dont go back and read the original post......

My bad... :/

Around the Network

God of War is going to huge. Already up to 3rd in the hourly and 27th in the yearly.

Megiddo said:

Discredit? That barren release schedule only proves me accurate. There was nothing to buy for Nintendo Switch fans in 2018 until Kirby. I do thank you for showing that the only game between December 2, 2017 to March 15, 2018 was Bayonetta 2, which had miserable sales pretty much everywhere. Kirby had much to gain since there's practically nothing to buy. And if you take a look at the COMG pre-order thread, the only thing in the top 20 SKU list for pre-orders is the two Nintendo Labo kits. There's nothing else there. That's where the 6 month extension came in, so I'm not sure why you were including games as far back as September? It would only be the most blind fanboy who couldn't that there is a dearth of retail Switch games to buy.

Yes, discredit. When you have to jump through hoops to find something negative to say, you are discrediting.

You just claimed Kirby is only doing so good because there hasnt been anything else worth playing in the last 3-6 months (thats why games as far back as Sept were brought up, that should have been obvious).

Also its pretty stupid to pretend that only 1st party games count, why not look at the entire lineup of the last few months instead of the output of just one publisher?

For some odd reason Nintendo is the only publisher in the world who gets criticized for not releasing a major title every single month.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

That's because Nintendo published games are the only ones that actually push any decent number of copies on Nintendo systems. I'm pretty certain the bulk majority of the top selling Switch/3DS games are the ones published by Nintendo.

Looks like FC5 is going to be the biggest launch so far this year. Should break 5 million easily within 2 weeks.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Carl2291 said:

thismeintiel was probably talking about Sea of Thieves there, tbone.

This is one of those fails you do when you dont go back and read the original post......

My bad... :/

LOL, it's cool. I'm sure Kirby will do just fine, BTW. 

Megiddo said:
That's because Nintendo published games are the only ones that actually push any decent number of copies on Nintendo systems. I'm pretty certain the bulk majority of the top selling Switch/3DS games are the ones published by Nintendo.

Your first sentance is wrong considering there has been dozens of reports of 3rd party games doing well on Switch.

So now we're changing goalposts to only count the top sellers on a platform? By that logic, i could say only shooters and sports games sell on PS4/XBO since thats the bulk of their top selling games. Obviously thats not true because you dont only look at the top 10 or 20 games on a platform to decide what sells.

Thats when you know your original statement holds no weight, when you have to change the topic of the discussion.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

How is Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV, Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy, or MHW a shooter or a sports game?

The difference between my statement and yours is that mine is accurate whereas yours is pure bollocks. There is a healthy variety when it comes to the games that sell the most on PS4. If you think that my statement is wrong then PROVE it by citing at least 5 titles that are top selling games for the Nintendo platform that are not published by Nintendo, just like how I just spit off 5 top selling games on the PS4 that are not shooters or sports games.

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Discredit? That barren release schedule only proves me accurate. There was nothing to buy for Nintendo Switch fans in 2018 until Kirby. I do thank you for showing that the only game between December 2, 2017 to March 15, 2018 was Bayonetta 2, which had miserable sales pretty much everywhere. Kirby had much to gain since there's practically nothing to buy. And if you take a look at the COMG pre-order thread, the only thing in the top 20 SKU list for pre-orders is the two Nintendo Labo kits. There's nothing else there. That's where the 6 month extension came in, so I'm not sure why you were including games as far back as September? It would only be the most blind fanboy who couldn't that there is a dearth of retail Switch games to buy.

Yes, discredit. When you have to jump through hoops to find something negative to say, you are discrediting.

You just claimed Kirby is only doing so good because there hasnt been anything else worth playing in the last 3-6 months (thats why games as far back as Sept were brought up, that should have been obvious).

Also its pretty stupid to pretend that only 1st party games count, why not look at the entire lineup of the last few months instead of the output of just one publisher?

For some odd reason Nintendo is the only publisher in the world who gets criticized for not releasing a major title every single month.

Let's face it PlayStation has been doing great this generation. Nintendo's new Switch has put new life back into Nintendo to the point that I'm actually really wanting one. And Xbox just needs more unique identifiers like Sea of Thieves good reviews or bad in order to gain it some value.

Megiddo said:

How is Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV, Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy, or MHW a shooter or a sports game?

The difference between my statement and yours is that mine is accurate whereas yours is pure bollocks. There is a healthy variety when it comes to the games that sell the most on PS4. If you think that my statement is wrong then PROVE it by citing at least 5 titles that are top selling games for the Nintendo platform that are not published by Nintendo, just like how I just spit off 5 top selling games on the PS4 that are not shooters or sports games.

Nintendo has no where near the 3rd party support of Sony or Microsoft, this isn't even a valid comparison.