By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

So it's fair to say then that Nintendo published games are by far more important when it comes to game sales for the Nintendo platform then? That Kirby had and has fairly little competition when it comes to vying for the attention of Switch owners who already have last year's big evergreen titles and want another Nintendo game? Because that was basically the gist of my prior argument.

Around the Network

For the love of...

Can we get ONE effing month where the thread doesn't go to utter shit?!

Metal Gear Survive now costs $ 15. Very sad.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Megiddo said:

So it's fair to say then that Nintendo published games are by far more important when it comes to game sales for the Nintendo platform then? That Kirby had and has fairly little competition when it comes to vying for the attention of Switch owners who already have last year's big evergreen titles and want another Nintendo game? Because that was basically the gist of my prior argument.

What you failed to mention was all of Nintendo's major IPs released thus far on Switch have sold at a faster pace than their predecessors. So it's not surprising Kirby is selling at fast pace as well. 

That's great. I am in no means saying that Nintendo's mainstays (plus recent addition Splatoon) aren't doing amazing on the Switch. I think Nintendo did a phenomenal job in 2017 when it came to their releases. Easily the best lineup of core games in the first year of a console's lifespan that I can recall.

Around the Network

Likely just needs a restock and then it'll balloon back up.

SWORDF1SH said:
God of War is going to huge. Already up to 3rd in the hourly and 27th in the yearly.

Since I know it will be big at launch, I'm more interested in seeing how much it can stockpile before release.  The amount of time it stays at 1 in hourly before launch, and its position in yearly before release, will be telling.

Megiddo said:

Do you happen to have a list of those games released physically/retail for the Switch between Odyssey and Kirby? I'd like to read up on them and why I've never heard of barely any of them.

EDIT: I found this list but it doesn't seem comprehensive?

Maybe this thread could help you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231643&page=1#

It's only as far as VGC is in terms of software, but otherwise very complete

Megiddo said:

How is Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV, Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy, or MHW a shooter or a sports game?

The difference between my statement and yours is that mine is accurate whereas yours is pure bollocks. There is a healthy variety when it comes to the games that sell the most on PS4. If you think that my statement is wrong then PROVE it by citing at least 5 titles that are top selling games for the Nintendo platform that are not published by Nintendo, just like how I just spit off 5 top selling games on the PS4 that are not shooters or sports games.

What i said is 100% true, the BULK (same exact word you used) of best selling PS/XB games are either shooters or sports games.

NES, GB, SNES, GBA, DS, Wii & 3DS all had a lot of strong selling non-Nintendo games, just because the top Nintendo games typically sell better does not mean they dont exist.

Like i said in my last post, your original claim holds no value since you insist on changing the topic.

You originally said that Kirby is doing so well because its the only worthwhile Switch game in the last 3-6 months which is simply a false statement because Switch has recieved a large number of critically/commercially successful games in that time frame.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

What commercially successful game has the Switch had that released in 2018? DQ Builders flopped mightily. AoT 2 is far below the first game's sales. Bayo 1+2's arguably the years best performer before Kirby, no? And that did... middling, at best, would you say?