By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

@ Onimusha Your forgeting that hardwork = cost's , because of the average standard of Wii games developers aren't pushed too hard to produce anything top-notch , they could still outsell the 360/PS3 versions with PS2 graphics and good motion controls so why bother?

I'm not sure wether they are Wii graphics or not , but time will tell.

Around the Network

Boo.

naznatips said:

That said, given that Sega is getting tons of money on the Wii, and that they already have a working engine in Sonic and the Secret Rings, this shouldn't be a PS2 port and should have good graphics by Wii standards.

Hmm, this is from The Magic Box (April 9th): 

Sega Sonic Team's lead designer Yoshihisa Hashimoto mentioned that Sonic Unleashed will be coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, the game has nothing to do with Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3/X360) and Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii), the new title was originally planned as Sonic Adventure 3.

So maybe, they are not using the same engine? 

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

^He was referencing the story line implications, not the game engine.

I really like the way these are turning out!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

lol funny thread :)

Anyways IMO the PS2 version could be dropped in the favor of making 2 games : Wii and PS360 . PS2 games arent selling as well as they used to , so maybe Sega will drop it . If that happenes , than Im do expecting those screens to be from the Wii version , and then call me impressed :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I didn't read through all 5 pages of this thread, but something must be said (and hopefully it already was).

There seems to be a lot of arguing over "jaggies" and why this can't be pics from the Wii... does anyone here realize the the GC had AA built in? The Wii likely has the same option and Sega is probably using it.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

naznatips said:
That said, given that Sega is getting tons of money on the Wii, and that they already have a working engine in Sonic and the Secret Rings, this shouldn't be a PS2 port and should have good graphics by Wii standards.
If I'm not mistaken, Sonic atSR was biult using renderware ... not an original engine built to exploit Wii's capabilities.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

wow!! these graphics are superb!!

do they make a different version for xbox360/ps3??
i don't thing there will much difference at all....how far can those graphics go?

lol.......how do they make such graphics on Wii?? is it 100% Wii screen shots??

if yes, no more about Wii graphics!! :P

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

I won't say it's impossible for the Wii to output graphics like this.

I will say it won't. Not with this game. These are PS3 or 360 pics, and we have not seen the Wii version yet, and I am POSITIVE that they will be A) 480p, and B) graphically reduced in various ways.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )