By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

So could Sonic for the 360/PS3 be done on the Wii or are the environments too big.

Around the Network

Actually Sonic Next Gen looks signifficantly worse...

makingmusic476 said:
hsrob said:
Please guys can we get back on topic.

I'd firstly like readers to cast their mind back to F Zero GX. Anyone who's seen this game run in 480p and on a nice big wide screen TV will have no doubt that Sega has some talented people in the graphics department. (not sure about the details of the different teams though)

And while the screens do look very nice and a step above most things on the Wii i don't actually believe they are ps3/Xbox 360 level. A close look at the fourth pic from the first group shows a fairly low polygon count on some of the surfaces.

Well, to make a jump like that AND be in 720p would be quite a feat.

And remember, Sonic for the ps3/360 didn't look so hot:

You aren't saying that Unleashed looks better than Sonic 2006... right?

Right?

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
trestres said:
All of a sudden PS3/360 fanboys get upset because Wii is getting a game with good graphics, lol, sad.

Naz and I are PS3/360 fanboys?

CONFIRMED! Get off the site, you guys. Clearly this is a Wii fans-only site.

And what was the bet with Naz you had?

It was about Wii vs PS3/360 dev costs, concerning an identical game on all three platforms. I said the game would cost less to make on the ps3/360 because devs wouldn't have to optimize as much, but he said it would cost less to make the game on the Wii since it has less complex hardware. We brought the issue to Twesterm, and he essentially said it depends on the situation.

I so thought I was gonna get a VC game that day.

So...it was a tie? Because ties don't count in Naz's favor :P

Well, neither of us had to pay up. :P

Which means my original point still stands (about him taking any bets and winning, etc.) Unless there were other bets I'm unaware of?

@making

Well at least Sonic on the PS3/360 had more detail than the screens we're seeing here. But that could be because the areas are...rather bland themselves due to the buildings that need NO detail, etc. But at least the Sonic PS3/360 screens don't have flowers that look like wallpaper. Just not any amazing graphics other PS3/360 games have pulled. Sega haven't pushed the PS3/360 for that Sonic, really.

Well, the leaves are all still 2D.  They're just in cross sections to represent 3D leaves rather than vines on a wall.

@Naz: Damn.  I saw that screen, but didn't bother to enlarge it to 720.  That is one fugly shot. 

@Fazz you need to put it in its native resolution...

Around the Network
Soriku said:
BCNR34 said:
trestres said:
All of a sudden PS3/360 fanboys get upset because Wii is getting a game with good graphics, lol, sad.

did you even read the thread? lol

and these are hardly "good" graphics, motorstorm has "good"graphics. for this gen, this is slightly below average at best.

Good graphics FOR THE WII. At least we're not getting the same crap other third parties have put on the Wii.

That's It. On This Forum, FTW no longer means For The Win. Now It Means For The Wii.

fazz said:
makingmusic476 said:
hsrob said:
Please guys can we get back on topic.

I'd firstly like readers to cast their mind back to F Zero GX. Anyone who's seen this game run in 480p and on a nice big wide screen TV will have no doubt that Sega has some talented people in the graphics department. (not sure about the details of the different teams though)

And while the screens do look very nice and a step above most things on the Wii i don't actually believe they are ps3/Xbox 360 level. A close look at the fourth pic from the first group shows a fairly low polygon count on some of the surfaces.

Well, to make a jump like that AND be in 720p would be quite a feat.

And remember, Sonic for the ps3/360 didn't look so hot:

[imghttp://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/723/723440/sonic-the-hedgehog-20060804103601997_640w.jpg[/img]

You aren't saying that Unleashed looks better than Sonic 2006... right?

Right?

The character models look on par with each other, and the lighting and colors definitely look better. The scale and other details are debateable, but then the game is still a work in progress.

Those graphics are totally FTW and team RSRF knows this.

Damn naz, those leaves from Sonic PS360 look like they're from the Jungle level of GoldenEye. I'm expecting Xenia Onatopp to jump out and battle Sonic with some grenade launchers.

Anyone put up comparative shots of Sonic and the Secret Rings side by side with the PS/360 sonic and Unleash?

graphics look amazing

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99