By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

BCNR34 said:
Onimusha12 said:
BCNR34 said:

wut? you're really grasping for straws here.

threads go off topic all the time, do you even know what an internet is?

I said I thought wii owners didn't care about graphics in reference to how incredibly long and drawn out this thread has become, then I said this game hardly has "good graphics" for this gen for ANY system, because they arent GOOD graphics, they're below average. then you starting this damage control bs.

Damage control? Lol. Now whose grasping for straws. Threads do go off topic all the time, but this one didn't until you showed up. Spin it however you like, you've no one to blame but yourself for your mistake.

Oh so these graphics aren't even good for the Wii? Lol. Wow, maybe you should try sticking to the Sony forums instead of jumpting into whatever's on the front page next time, I'm sure you'll find more like minded individuals.

what in gods name are you talking about, mistake? i denied going off topic?

you're the most pedantic person i've ever seen on the internet, and thats saying something

Sheesh, easy kid, easy! I see you're confused here, at least know what you're getting into next time you jump head long into a thread like this without reading first. Know your facts next, time, that's all I'm saying.

Around the Network

That game looks sweeet.

DMeisterJ said:

Stop me from what?

I thought that it'd be a port, but I was wrong.  What are you talking about?  I gave my opinion, Naznatips gave his, he was correct, they do have an engine.  And you're correct, Sega isn't lazy.  Two things I didn't think about.  

I know you're not expecting me to get banned?  I've done nothing, except said that I was wrong.  This is a forum.  You ask questions, etc.  Like I said, I was incorrect.  So I don't get what you're getting at.

Of course I don't expect you to get banned, I know a certain mod has got your back. ;)

naznatips said:
Okay, here's what's going to happen: The personal attacks on ALL SIDES are going to stop, or multiple people are going to be banned and this thread will be locked.

The topic of this thread is these screens, and the visual condition of Sonic Unleashed on the Wii.

Could you please lock this anyway, its really gotten out of hand and there is no point in hoping it will ever get back on track with all these responses to bait newcomers into continuing the arguments.

I never said you did do anything, you need to calm down a bit.

Onimusha12 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Onimusha12 said:

Considering the Wii is Sega's cash cow I wouldn't be so sure.

Though thanks for taking your time to fan the flames of this degenerating thread. I guess you and BCNR34 will be at odds then about whether these are HD graphics or not. but by all means, keep it up, this is turning out to be quite the show!

*grabs popcorn*

Considering all the other ps2 ports flying around, I think you're reading too much into a perfectly reasonable assumption.

That being said, I don't think the Wii version will be a ps2 port, given the reason you cited. They'll put far more effort into the Wii version than the ps2 version.

An assumption based on johny-come-lately Western ports, not pre-planned games by an Eastern developer.

But it's still an assumption that many people are likely to make, given the history of multiplat ps2/wii games. Most people aren't going to keep track of which developers made what for the wii/ps2.

And even if the assumption was ultimately faulty, an explanation was all that was necessary, not an attack and an accusation of trolling/flamebaiting.

you sure like to implicate that people are getting riled up and then trying to calm them down. sorry, but your posts aren't compelling enough to frustrate people.

that's not funny, or clever. no one is angry here, except maybe trestres.

i originally only responded to one post directly here, and that was trestres, and he DIDNT specify he was talking about wii graphics, so my post was correct all along.

why would ps3/360 owners be mad about the wii getting a game with good graphics in comparison to its other games? as if the wii hitting its potential this early is somehow a bad thing for them?

thats why i ASSUMED he was speaking about "good graphics" in reference to ALL graphics.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
trestres said:
All of a sudden PS3/360 fanboys get upset because Wii is getting a game with good graphics, lol, sad.

Naz and I are PS3/360 fanboys?

CONFIRMED! Get off the site, you guys. Clearly this is a Wii fans-only site.

And what was the bet with Naz you had?

It was about Wii vs PS3/360 dev costs, concerning an identical game on all three platforms. I said the game would cost less to make on the ps3/360 because devs wouldn't have to optimize as much, but he said it would cost less to make the game on the Wii since it has less complex hardware. We brought the issue to Twesterm, and he essentially said it depends on the situation.

I so thought I was gonna get a VC game that day.

So...it was a tie? Because ties don't count in Naz's favor :P

Well, neither of us had to pay up. :P

BCNR34 said:
you sure like to implicate that people are getting riled up and then trying to calm them down.

Well there is no sense is letting things get out of hand, you can't fault me for trying to keep people from getting banned.

BCNR34 said:

i only responded to one post directly here, and that was trestres, and he DIDNT specify he was talking about wii graphics, so my post was correct all along.

You then later said that you didn't think this game looked good for any console contradicting that.

BCNR34 said:

why would ps3/360 owners be mad about the wii getting a game with good graphics in comparison to its other games? as if the wii hitting its potential this early is somehow a bad thing for them?

I thought you said this game didn't have good graphics for any console?

Onimusha12 said:
BCNR34 said:
you sure like to implicate that people are getting riled up and then trying to calm them down.

Well there is no sense is letting things get out of hand, you can't fault me for trying to keep people from getting banned.

BCNR34 said:

i only responded to one post directly here, and that was trestres, and he DIDNT specify he was talking about wii graphics, so my post was correct all along.

You then later said that you didn't think this game looked good for any console contradicting that.

BCNR34 said:

I thought you said this game didn't have good graphics for any console?

contradicting what? I have said the entire time that this game has below average graphics for this gens graphics.

and the third quote was in reference to trestres's post, which is why you are clearly confused.

he said it was getting good graphics and this would piss off the ps3/360 owners, why would they be pissed off if a wii game was hitting its potential this early? 

BCNR and Onimusha this is your last warning. Drop the argument. That goes for everyone. If you continue this argument, you will be banned. The topic is the screens in question and the graphical quality of this game on the Wii.

On topic:

My opinion of this situation is that Nintendo Magazine was sent a screen packet for Sonic Unleashed that every other media source was sent, and this screen packet only included screens from the PS3 and 360 version. This isn't uncommon. Alone in the Dark was in the same situation when it was announced (though magazines were smart enough to not print them as Wii). My bet that the Wii screens won't be of this graphical quality was based on this idea.

That said, given that Sega is getting tons of money on the Wii, and that they already have a working engine in Sonic and the Secret Rings, this shouldn't be a PS2 port and should have good graphics by Wii standards.

Please guys can we get back on topic.

I'd firstly like readers to cast their mind back to F Zero GX. Anyone who's seen this game run in 480p and on a nice big wide screen TV will have no doubt that Sega has some talented people in the graphics department. (not sure about the details of the different teams though)

And while the screens do look very nice and a step above most things on the Wii i don't actually believe they are ps3/Xbox 360 level. A close look at the fourth pic from the first group shows a fairly low polygon count on some of the surfaces.