By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret message in Metal Gear Survive says 'KJP Forever', calls director a bastard and producer cunning

PAOerfulone said:
Whoever came up with this idea either has balls the size of coconuts or is the dumbest bastard or bitch in all of gaming... Or both.

Well this kind of doing is not new. A long time ago someone over at Nintendo put stars on the name "Super Mario Galaxy" in such a way that it read "U R Mr Gay" on the official poster. Now that was funny.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
PAOerfulone said:
Whoever came up with this idea either has balls the size of coconuts or is the dumbest bastard or bitch in all of gaming... Or both.

Well this kind of doing is not new. A long time ago someone over at Nintendo put stars on the name "Super Mario Galaxy" in such a way that it read "U R Mr Gay" on the official poster. Now that was funny.

I still wonder about that one. 

twintail said:
Talk about unprofessional

Yeah, kinda like Konami slave-laboring their devs, demoting them to cleaning toilets and gyms, keeping Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs and scrubbing his name from the cover of MGSV and literally going out of their way to keep ex-employees from finding new jobs to feed their families and receiving health insurance. The list goes on.

But whoever the brave soul was who put that message in the game deserves a fucking medal. Suffice it to say he's gonna have a hard time finding a job after this 'cause after all, that's what Konami does with all of their employees who have the good sense to leave that shithole of a company, or, you know, actually want to make games. 

That guy is a hero.

#FucKonami.

twintail said:
Talk about unprofessional

It’s not like it’s unwarranted. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Xxain said:
HintHRO said:

Who says he was fired? Maybe he decided to quit himself, which is more likely at this moment: 

https://gamerant.com/kojima-metal-gear-solid-5-149/

https://www.gamezone.com/news/why-konami-fired-hideo-kojima-according-to-mgs-v-s-composer-3422325/

Plus Kojima was banned from entering the Game Awards 2016 by Konami attorneys. You call that professional? 

Yes. Absolutely. Kojima was still officially binded to the company, meaning he is still a representative of the company. A company has the right to protect their image. You can get fired for posting negative things about people or the company  you work for. I dont know if you have ever had a job, but a situation that escalates to human resource level or involves attornies always ensures that they are to remain silent about the issue and may not even be allowed to return to work untill the issue is resolved.. Its the same here.  

If Konami did nothing wrong, then there's nothing to protect. It can only damage Kojima's image if he provides false information without proof. 

What Konami does want to protect is details on how they treated Kojima during the development of MGSV, therefore not allowing him to big conventions with lots of media coverage. 

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
Xxain said:

Yes. Absolutely. Kojima was still officially binded to the company, meaning he is still a representative of the company. A company has the right to protect their image. You can get fired for posting negative things about people or the company  you work for. I dont know if you have ever had a job, but a situation that escalates to human resource level or involves attornies always ensures that they are to remain silent about the issue and may not even be allowed to return to work untill the issue is resolved.. Its the same here.  

If Konami did nothing wrong, then there's nothing to protect. It can only damage Kojima's image if he provides false information without proof. 

What Konami does want to protect is details on how they treated Kojima during the development of MGSV, therefore not allowing him to big conventions with lots of media coverage. 

Depending on the terms of closure of employment even with proofs he can't say anything publicly and let's not pretend Konami have done a very good job at people management as multiple sources disagree. 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

potato_hamster said:
KLAMarine said:

Never a good idea to burn bridges.

That's not necessarily true. Konami clearly doesn't give a fuck. Why would he want to work with Konami again?

Bills gotta be paid one way or another.

twintail said:
HintHRO said:

Because Konami handled the Kojima situation professionally? Konami deserves every shit storm that is coming to them. 

And?

besides this is a drop in the ocean for them. The Saga between Kojima and Konami is finished. everyone should get one with their lives.

KManX89 said:

Yeah, kinda like Konami slave-laboring their devs, demoting them to cleaning toilets and gyms, keeping Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs and scrubbing his name from the cover of MGSV and literally going out of their way to keep ex-employees from finding new jobs to feed their families and receiving health insurance. The list goes on.

so at the end of the day , it was still unprofessional. ok cool.

DialgaMarine said:

It’s not like it’s unwarranted. 

True, Im not saying otherwise.

Not nearly as unprofessional as Konami has been and is still acting to their employees, both former and current alike. 

As the old adage goes, you reap what you sow. 

Seventizz said:
Has it possibly occurred to anyone that Kojima was getting too big of a head and Konami rightly fired him? It is well known he is a diva and dare I say - a bit of a prick on twitter.

It occurred to me when the firing happened.  As I understand it, the guy burns through cash, refuses to take direction, and, consequently, made it very hard for Konami to turn a profit on his games.  To the extent that my understanding of the situation is correct, I'd say they had no choice but to cut ties with him.  

I wonder if they did this with the consent of Konami. If not it'll probably get patched out soon.