By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants Something Done About Violent Video Games And Movies; Blames Them For School Shootings.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/president-trump-we-have-to-do-something-about-violent-video-games-movies/

"We have to do something about what [kids are] seeing and how they're seeing it," Trump said during the meeting. "And also video games. I'm hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is shaping more and more people's thoughts."

CNN reached out to an unnamed 17-year-old Parkland High School student following Trump's remarks. When asked about the president's statement, the student replied, "That's just a really pathetic excuse on behalf of the president. I grew up playing video games, Call of Duty, all those first-person shooting games. I would never dream of taking the lives of any of my peers."

lol, politicians always want to blame video games. 

Around the Network

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Oh hey, I'm back in the late 90's/early 2000's again.

Trump really showing his age here.

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd blame the liberal gun laws and obsession with shooting things for American school shootings...

edit: LOL someone had to tell me that you might have meant liberal as in relaxed gun laws ...  

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 23 February 2018

Around the Network

Typical sjw tactic. Putting words into other people's mouths when they didn't actually say that. He didn't actually say he wanted to ban video games. He only brought up a rating system. Once he realizes there's a rating system, he'll just move on.

Please let me know what video game people have been playing for the past 5000 years.

Yeah right, it's video games that cause shootings and not guns, never guns...
Some people have very serious issues with logic. Spock would have a heart attack if he lived in America now.

Aeolus451 said:
Typical sjw tactic. Putting words into other people's mouths when they didn't actually say that. He didn't actually say he wanted to ban video games. He only brought up a rating system. Once he realizes there's a rating system, he'll just move on.

The most ironic post of all time? Well, definitely the most ironic post I've ever seen. 

By the way, no one here has claimed he's wanted to "ban" video games. You're the one who brought that up. So the OP is not saying anything inaccurate.

...And you have to admit it gets pretty bad when you have to say something like "Once he realizes there's a rating system, he'll just move on" for a fucking President. Jesus. 

It's also has nothing to do with "SJWs" because people hated it when Hillary was implying the same thing.... 

I'd say that violent video games and movies can make someone get used to violent events like a shooting but I wouldn't go as far as saying they cause someone to actually harm or kill others.