By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants Something Done About Violent Video Games And Movies; Blames Them For School Shootings.

NRA is really a weird decease no country in the world per citizen has as many school shootings as the US. Yet they all have access to that type of content. Not every country has easy access to military grade weapons. But that can't possibly be the cause right? 

America the country where one is allowed to drive and own a gun, before they could drink their first beer.

Last edited by Qwark - on 24 February 2018

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I don't tend to disagree with Trump on many things but I can't agree with him on this. However, given this was a debate about any and all things that could potential help alleviate the problem, I can understand why he threw this out there. Debate is about considering all things and then coming to a consensus and I can't in all honesty say I'm certain video games don't have a negative affect on some people. The first place I'd look is the over medication of young children in the US ... but that's just me.

The PS5 Exists. 

Except gun massacres isn't happening in Japan where violence are all over the animes. But anything to shift the blame away from guns I guess.

Flilix said:
Aeolus451 said:
Typical sjw tactic. Putting words into other people's mouths when they didn't actually say that. He didn't actually say he wanted to ban video games. He only brought up a rating system. Once he realizes there's a rating system, he'll just move on.

Shouldn't a president first check simple facts before spouting nonsense?

That never stopped Democrats from spouting nonsense about guns, even though violent crimes are down dramatically in the US since the early 90s, dropping by nearly half. Guess what we have a metric shit ton of more out in the country...guns.  The amount has actually doubled.  So, 2x as many guns out in the country, yet almost nearly half as many violent crimes. Hmm. Either more guns in law abiding citizens' hands leads to less crime, or one has nothing to do with other. Take your pick. 

On a side note: Would you really want to be a black school teacher holding a gun, once the police comes around?

Around the Network

I like how some people try to put the blame on something completely irrelevant when they know exactly what the problem is.
Where do the shootings happen ? USA.
What does USA have that most other countries don't ? Easy access to guns.
Conclusion: Video Games are to blame.

No opinion here, no one can censor what we do or see. As an adult, this means nothing to me. To be honest, when I see a big metal bank truck I think of GTA5 and hoe we robbed the money from it. So yeah, give kids more strict access to violent media.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
No opinion here, no one can censor what we do or see. As an adult, this means nothing to me. To be honest, when I see a big metal bank truck I think of GTA5 and hoe we robbed the money from it. So yeah, give kids more strict access to violent media.

That’s 100% on the parents’s side though...we all know parents buy their 12 year old kids GTA. That said, even if they don’t, the kid that wants to play it will find another way, be it with the antisocial bully of his school or older kids.

We all know the situation. Ban something and it becomes twice as interesting as a result.

Wasn't there a study not too long ago that proved otherwise?

It's not bullying, easy access to guns, or a culture that glamorizes shooting and shit... no, it's clearly video games.

Dummies.

Agreed! Hopefully Trump will ban all games and movies with guns. #MAGA

Of course, the left will have a problem with this. #snowflakes