By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

JRPGfan said:
Kyuu said:
PS4 hardware worldwide will peak this year. Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War, Spider-Man, and Red Dead Redemption 2, in addition to a permanent $50 price drop ($100 or more during the holiday season) will do the trick.

Hopefully another 20m+ year.

I would be extremely impressed and surprised if the PS4 pulls of another 20m another. However, I think it will more likely fall within the 16m - 18m range.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Can you give more details about the bet?

quickrick said: CGI-Quality said: Willing to place a bet on it? You win - you're immune to any and all thrashing from the site. My call. You lose, no one is moderated for having a go at you (within reason - but with much more leniency)! Deal? the first 3 months of 2018 ps4 vs switch? or jan npd vs ps4 2014? Ill take both. Alright. Remember - be a sport if you...

keep in mind i thought it was a 4 week period, so switch had to do  270k, i already knew it  didn't have a chance in hell, but it was a 5 week period, so i told him let's make it interesting and raise to 295k for 5 weeks, and he agreed.

145 (3)

But you have 2 bets going. You have to win or lose both for anything to happen.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Aura7541 said:
JRPGfan said:

Hopefully another 20m+ year.

I would be extremely impressed and surprised if the PS4 pulls of another 20m another. However, I think it will more likely fall within the 16m - 18m range.

Considering last year didn’t have any real system seller (except for GTS maybe) and this year will not only have MHW, but also GoW, Spider-man, potentially Days Gone, KH3 and above all RDR2, I’d be surprised if it would not be the peak year...at least assuming they’ll announce another permanent price drop, which I assume they will.

ohmylanta1003 said:
quickrick said:

quickrick said: CGI-Quality said: Willing to place a bet on it? You win - you're immune to any and all thrashing from the site. My call. You lose, no one is moderated for having a go at you (within reason - but with much more leniency)! Deal? the first 3 months of 2018 ps4 vs switch? or jan npd vs ps4 2014? Ill take both. Alright. Remember - be a sport if you...

keep in mind i thought it was a 4 week period, so switch had to do  270k, i already knew it  didn't have a chance in hell, but it was a 5 week period, so i told him let's make it interesting and raise to 295k for 5 weeks, and he agreed.

145 (3)

But you have 2 bets going. You have to win or lose both for anything to happen.

he accepted the first

newwil7l said:
celador said:

i feel the same about people championing the Switch outselling the PS4 as a huge achievement when the PS4 is 3.5 years older and the Switch started out $100 cheaper

Consoles peak mid life not in the beginning. You are only helping to prove his point.

console's don't usually peak in their fifth year. might have happened once or twice but it's not the norm. switch's second year effectively at this point, it should absolutely be winning this year if it has any chance of surpassing ps4 lifetime

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

"Easily banned"? No. However, as I told you about leniency, that also applies if you win. 

Plus, I can't stop other mods from acting. The bet was for me. ;P

Classic backpedaling. Trying to beat quickrick with his own weapons.

Best weapon to spin if it is that close is that....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8732541

5-10k consoles means nothing, so as long as it sold 285k CGI would still win a 295k bet.

I sort of hope for the sake of civility on the forums though that rick wins lol and that is a strange sentence to type. Keep in mind though people, regardless of the bet if Rick loses and you post insults to him, there are other mods who will lay into you for it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
RolStoppable said:

Classic backpedaling. Trying to beat quickrick with his own weapons.

Best weapon to spin if it is that close is that....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8732541

5-10k consoles means nothing, so as long as it sold 285k CGI would still win a 295k bet.

I sort of hope for the sake of civility on the forums though that rick wins lol and that is a strange sentence to type. Keep in mind though people, regardless of the bet if Rick loses and you post insults to him, there are other mods who will lay into you for it.

5-10k doesn't mean anything, people are too concerned which is console  out sold the other, for example if ps4 sold 310k and switch sold 300k its still did great, and would make my prediction look much worse for switch, but if ps4 sold 230k for 5 weeks, and switch 250k for 5 weeks, it would make my prediction look better.   

Last edited by quickrick - on 24 February 2018

SWORDF1SH said:
Alkibiádēs said:

This logic is coming from the same people who claimed the Switch was DOA because the price was too steep.

Wasn't there a lot of Nintendo fans that were unhappy with pricing? 

There is difference when someone hoped for lower price point than $299 and when someone said Switch is DOA because $299 price point.

I personally don't like higher price point for Europe where Switch is 330 euros.

Miyamotoo said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Wasn't there a lot of Nintendo fans that were unhappy with pricing? 

There is difference when someone hoped for lower price point than $299 and when someone said Switch is DOA because $299 price point.

I personally don't like higher price point for Europe where Switch is 330 euros.

Where is it €330 in Europe?

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

Where is it €330 in Europe?

Probably many places, in denmark the most normal price for the Switch seems to be 2499 kr = 335 Euro = 412$ USD.
PS4 slim here is 1999 kr = 255 Euro = 313$ USD.

Basically the PS4 costs more or less the same in the US, as it does in europe.
However the Switch in europe is like 100$ more for us, than it is for the US.