By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

JRPGfan said:

Probably many places, in denmark the most normal price for the Switch seems to be 2499 kr = 335 Euro = 412$ USD.
PS4 slim here is 1999 kr = 255 Euro = 313$ USD.

Basically the PS4 costs more or less the same in the US, as it does in europe.
However the Switch in europe is like 100$ more for us, than it is for the US.

That doesn't apply for countries of the eurozone though. Both consoles cost about 300 €.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Wasn't there a lot of Nintendo fans that were unhappy with pricing? 

There is difference when someone hoped for lower price point than $299 and when someone said Switch is DOA because $299 price point.

I personally don't like higher price point for Europe where Switch is 330 euros.

There were Nintendo fans here savage about pricepoint because they thought it wouldn't sell. I was actually surprised by the backlash because I thought $300 for a new console was reasonable for a new console. 

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

There is difference when someone hoped for lower price point than $299 and when someone said Switch is DOA because $299 price point.

I personally don't like higher price point for Europe where Switch is 330 euros.

Where is it €330 in Europe?

Official price for Switch in Europe is €330 (not including UK), while in US official price is $300.

SWORDF1SH said:
Miyamotoo said:

There were Nintendo fans here savage about pricepoint because they thought it wouldn't sell. I was actually surprised by the backlash because I thought $300 for a new console was reasonable for a new console. 

When you have plenty of people, few people (that are actually usually more negative) don't change nothing, huge majority of Nintendo fans didnt said it want sell at this price point. Some backlash come from rumor that price point of Switch will probably be $250.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 24 February 2018

Moderation for Quickrick, both from CGI and from any mod should be the same regardless of the outcome of the bet. If moderation is changed regardlesss of the outcome of the bet, then it either means:
a) the rules aren't being correctly enforced now
or b) the rules won't be correctly enforced after the bet.

Since when did a mod get to say "I will be harsher with those who trash you if you win the bet" (or vice versa)? Doesn't matter if said mod says he can't speak for the rest of the mods - if said action is allowed, it speaks volumes about how the mod team enforces the rules if it is allowed at all.

last92 said:
JRPGfan said:

Probably many places, in denmark the most normal price for the Switch seems to be 2499 kr = 335 Euro = 412$ USD.
PS4 slim here is 1999 kr = 255 Euro = 313$ USD.

Basically the PS4 costs more or less the same in the US, as it does in europe.
However the Switch in europe is like 100$ more for us, than it is for the US.

That doesn't apply for countries of the eurozone though. Both consoles cost about 300 €.

Where you live, PS4 cost 250€, not 300€, and Switch still cost 330€.

Do you know why i know this? Because i like in your country.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
PS4 hardware worldwide will peak this year. Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War, Spider-Man, and Red Dead Redemption 2, in addition to a permanent $50 price drop ($100 or more during the holiday season) will do the trick.

Probably not.  At a certain point, diminishng returns have to kick in.  The longer you go into the console's life, the less any one game will impact sales, because similar games will already have sold people on the console.  And of course, having sold so many leaves less potential customers in general.

Then again, I was saying the same thing at the beginning of 17, so what do I know.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

Official price for Switch in Europe is €330 (not including UK), while in US official price is $300.

SWORDF1SH said:

When you have plenty of people, few people (that are actually usually more negative) don't change nothing, huge majority of Nintendo fans didnt said it want sell at this price point. Some backlash come from rumor that price point of Switch will probably be $250.

Notice that the official prices in the US and Japan do *not* include taxes.

Also, Amazon usually sells it at 300 euros, no? I assume that they put a higher official prices, so retailers can adjust to the varying VATs of EU countries.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

globalisateur said:

OK, you won the bet. Tell me when you made you choice !

Be happy this is my final choise, usually i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than that, but i didn't really care about this bet so i wonìt choise a terrible avatar... :p

palou said:
Miyamotoo said:

Notice that the official prices in the US and Japan do *not* include taxes.

Also, Amazon usually sells it at 300 euros, no? I assume that they put a higher official prices, so retailers can adjust to the varying VATs of EU countries.

Actualy in US for instance, official Nintendo Switch on Amazon was always $300 (if there were stocks available), that wasn't case for Europe.

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

In Sweden it varies a lot it's currently on campaign on some places down to ~3200sek but usually in the range 3400-3500 SEK which translates to ~340-350 euro. This is including tax though.