By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Qwark said:
Farsala said:

I would be very happy if I were Sony and the console went up in its 5th year, but that would be abnormal. But like I said it hardly went up in the US. WW of course it did, and in Japan it went very far up.

A console on its 51st month / 5th January at this price in the US certainly shouldn't be doing this well.

There is no sign of the PS4 slowing down. The line up alone this year i's going to make sure of that. The console almost sold half a million units in Japan this year. And the PS4 hasn't even hit the $200 mark. When it does the PS4 is going to sell even faster.

Its certainly doing great but i really believe its going to start slowing down this year, probably back in the 2015/2016 range of 17-18 million.

You're right that this year's lineup is great but that doesnt mean sales will increase. In order for a game to be a massive system seller in a consoles 5th year, it needs to be a type of game that attracts an audience that isnt already on the system.

I dont see that with most of the big games this year outside of MH in Japan which is why its up so much so far but Q2-Q4 will be another story.

A $100 price cut to $199/299 for Slim/Pro would give it potential to grow YOY but im thinking an official cut of $50 with an extra $50 over the holidays is more likely this year.

2018 will be a great year for PS4 hardware & software sales but i think this is the year it starts to slow down.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Alkibiádēs said:

This logic is coming from the same people who claimed the Switch was DOA because the price was too steep.

Wasn't there a lot of Nintendo fans that were unhappy with pricing? 

Sure, whats your point?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CGI-Quality said:
quickrick said:

quickrick said: CGI-Quality said: Willing to place a bet on it? You win - you're immune to any and all thrashing from the site. My call. You lose, no one is moderated for having a go at you (within reason - but with much more leniency)! Deal? the first 3 months of 2018 ps4 vs switch? or jan npd vs ps4 2014? Ill take both. Alright. Remember - be a sport if you...

keep in mind i thought it was a 4 week period, so switch had to do  270k, i already knew it  didn't have a chance in hell, but it was a 5 week period, so i told him let's make it interesting and raise to 295k for 5 weeks, and he agreed.

145 (3)

"Easily banned"? No. However, as I told you about leniency, that also applies if you win. 

Plus, I can't stop other mods from acting. The bet was for me. ;P

lol i been had,  whats the point  of the bet then? but if somebody does take shot at me , they should give a warning, and then a ban if they keep doing it, other wise what's my benefit. 

zorg1000 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Wasn't there a lot of Nintendo fans that were unhappy with pricing? 

Sure, whats your point?

Actually I don't get his point. 

SWORDF1SH said:
zorg1000 said:

Sure, whats your point?

Its pretty clear.

He's saying many of the people who are currently saying Switch is only doing so well because of its price are the same people who said price was the reason it will fail.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
PS4 hardware worldwide will peak this year. Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War, Spider-Man, and Red Dead Redemption 2, in addition to a permanent $50 price drop ($100 or more during the holiday season) will do the trick.

Hopefully another 20m+ year.

zorg1000 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Its pretty clear.

He's saying many of the people who are currently saying Switch is only doing so well because of its price are the same people who said price was the reason it will fail.

O, did Lawlight say it was DOA? 

And I don't think it's that clear. It doesn't make sense to bring that up unless Lawlight said it would be DOA in which case he should of said "Lawlight"  and not "people".

SWORDF1SH said:
zorg1000 said:

Its pretty clear.

O, did Lawlight say it was DOA? 

Its Lawlight.......

quickrick said:
CGI-Quality said:

"Easily banned"? No. However, as I told you about leniency, that also applies if you win. 

Plus, I can't stop other mods from acting. The bet was for me. ;P

lol i been had,  whats the point  of the bet then? but if somebody does take shot at me , they should give a warning, and then a ban if they keep doing it, other wise what's my benefit. 

Well, what do you consider shots? If you continue to make claims/predictions it's not like nobody's going to be allowed to respond to them.

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

Well, what do you consider shots? If you continue to make claims/predictions it's not like nobody's going to be allowed to respond to them.

no i don't mind responding, but comments like i feel sorry for you, or clueless, are obvious personal  shots.

Last edited by quickrick - on 23 February 2018