By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The sjw review by eurogamer on Kingdom Come: Deliverance

CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

No, it's not. 

You're describing sjws ironically. Again, you're showcasing your lack of knowledge or biased perception. The reviewer wanted the game to be more politically correct.  He written a sjw review of a game. No one is arguing against that. Where did I say was a victim?  Where did I say I was being attacked?

I said every time you don't want to here someone's opinion you classify SWJ and you start this victim crap over and over.  It is lame.  I am arguing that the review was critical of the promise of historical accuracy.   I am arguing that you and others have been trolled in such a way that you are no longer able to even encounter this kind of criticism without assuming the role of the victim.  I am arguing that this is not an SJW review.  Ask yourself what don't you like about the review.  Be honest.  Be specific.  Reclaim your right to think for yourself. Freedom is the ability to express yourself.  The dark place you guys want us to go, where some views are ignored or superseded by your bias 100% of the time is not welcomed. Let the SJW label go and if you feel that the reviewer is wrong just offer a rebuttal. 

As usual, you're wrong. You're the only one arguing against the review being sjw.  If you don't get the why or how by now, there's no point in bothering with ya.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

No, it's not. 

You're describing sjws ironically. Again, you're showcasing your lack of knowledge or biased perception. The reviewer wanted the game to be more politically correct.  He written a sjw review of a game. No one is arguing against that. Where did I say was a victim?  Where did I say I was being attacked?

I said every time you don't want to here someone's opinion you classify SWJ and you start this victim crap over and over.  It is lame.  I am arguing that the review was critical of the promise of historical accuracy.   I am arguing that you and others have been trolled in such a way that you are no longer able to even encounter this kind of criticism without assuming the role of the victim.  I am arguing that this is not an SJW review.  Ask yourself what don't you like about the review.  Be honest.  Be specific.  Reclaim your right to think for yourself. Freedom is the ability to express yourself.  The dark place you guys want us to go, where some views are ignored or superseded by your bias 100% of the time is not welcomed. Let the SJW label go and if you feel that the reviewer is wrong just offer a rebuttal. 

He pointed pretty clear what he have against the review.

The reviewer used a single source that give a "what if 0,001%" chance scenario to ask why the dev didn't include a black person and then go to a personal attack of the dev preferences, his stance against gamergate, censorship and using a band T-shirt... have you read the thread or just decided to attack OP?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
CosmicSex said:

The reviewer used a single source that give a "what if 0,001%" chance scenario to ask why the dev didn't include a black person and then go to a personal attack of the dev preferences, his stance against gamergate, censorship and using a band T-shirt... have you read the thread or just decided to attack OP?

He says:

"We know of African kings in Constantinople on pilgrimage to Spain; we know of black Moors in Spain; we know of extensive travel of Jews from the courts of Cordoba and Damascus; we also know of black people in large cities in Germany," the historian, Sean Miller, tells me. Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road which facilitated the trade of goods all over the world. If you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come. "You just can't know nobody got sick and stayed a longer time," he says. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and someone got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

Its this wrong?  I am asking for you to present facts that he is wrong.

Also, you don't see anything with him supporting a convicted mureder?  You don't think anyone anywhere would see anything wrong with that unless they are SJW because according to you everyone is okay with racial killings?

To even suggest that this guy may have a racial issue or even an issue with 'good taste' doesn't make one and SJW.  I suppose when you hear about people being targeted or killed for their ethnicity, it is just supposed to wash over you like a caressing breeze and you are supposed to automatically go out and support that person lol.  Okay bud.

The only reason why any of the PoC thing is even important is because the biggest thing this game is supposed to be know for is historical accuracy. 

Don't try to pin me down with auto hate and misdirection.  I don't respond to that.  Give me facts of the era and then tell me if the reviewer has a point in his criticism.   You had a point with about him having one source.  That is a correct argument to make against his claim.  You are using facts.    That is all I care for here.  What historian do you have to contradict the one sited here?

CosmicSex said:
DonFerrari said:

He says:

"We know of African kings in Constantinople on pilgrimage to Spain; we know of black Moors in Spain; we know of extensive travel of Jews from the courts of Cordoba and Damascus; we also know of black people in large cities in Germany," the historian, Sean Miller, tells me. Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road which facilitated the trade of goods all over the world. If you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come. "You just can't know nobody got sick and stayed a longer time," he says. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and someone got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

Also, you don't see anything with him supporting a convicted mureder?  You don't think anyone anywhere would see anything wrong with that unless they are SJW because according to you everyone is okay with racial killings?

To even suggest that this guy may have a racial issue or even an issue with 'good taste' doesn't make one and SJW.  I suppose when you hear about people being targeted or killed for their ethnicity, it is just supposed to wash over you like a caressing breeze and you are supposed to automatically go out and support that person lol.  Okay bud.

The only reason why any of the PoC thing is even important is because the biggest thing this game is supposed to be know for is historical accuracy. 

Don't try to pin me down with auto hate and misdirection.  I don't respond to that.  Give me facts of the era and then tell me if the reviewer has a point in his criticism.   You had a point with about him having one source.  That is a correct argument to make against his claim.  You are using facts.    That is all I care for here.  What historian do you have to contradict the one sited here?

Yes he is wrong. As posted by the thread on his very review showing that the silk road is very very far from bohemia and that it was more Asia to Europe than any Africa to Europe movement.

So the very premise of his "what if scenario" is wrong, besides the fact that even his what if (if the route was passing through that place) considering the size of the region and what was the suposition would be such a small probability that there is no point in pointing that the game is inaccurate because of the lack of black people... also I haven't seem he complaining of the lack of asian or latin people.

Which convicted murderer is he allegedly formally (with evidence) supporting? And what bearing does that have to do with the game? Are you also going back and re-review all products that someone was convicted later and change scores because somehow his personal life changed the product after you discover the fact?

The very historic check of the game already contradict the reviewer who brought a single (unnamed?) source that said there was a possibility of having a black, which for any case doesn't make it like a "should" or "would". So he is basically bashing the game because perhaps there could be a black person in the are "IF" and insert wrong suppositions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

CosmicSex said:
DonFerrari said:

He says:

Well for one... it doesn't appear that the silk road came anywhere near what is now known as the Czech Republic according to the sources I found.

Here's a map according to Wikipedia:

The Czech Republic would be well above the "E" in Europe. That's just one of the apparent historians points that means that people of color *could have possibly*  passed through the area. Perhaps. Maybe. As in "not a historical fact that they did".

So there's that.

Around the Network

I need to review this before I can give a response. I will try to update later. Thanks,

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

So the very premise of his "what if scenario" is wrong, besides the fact that even his what if (if the route was passing through that place) considering the size of the region and what was the suposition would be such a small probability that there is no point in pointing that the game is inaccurate because of the lack of black people... also I haven't seem he complaining of the lack of asian or latin people.

On this though, do they even exist as a separate race from caucasian? I mean I've been to Spain before and apart from the language (and weather) there's no difference between there and the UK. The people look the exact same.

Man latin people are more dark skinned, haired and eyed than Norwey people... so among the "white people" there is as most ethinical difference as there would be among Asian population (where they hate people to confuse chinese, korean, japan and probably others or be called all equal) and of course African (I know of some handful tribes with very different traits among nose, ear, hips, etc).

But if someone was really being honest about diversity he would ask for a precise distribution of every ethnicity that could be present instead of just white x black.

I can assure you that even though I have 3/4 of my heritage from Black, while looking white Latin, no one would confuse me for an Norwegian.

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

Man latin people are more dark skinned, haired and eyed than Norwey people... so among the "white people" there is as most ethinical difference as there would be among Asian population (where they hate people to confuse chinese, korean, japan and probably others or be called all equal) and of course African (I know of some handful tribes with very different traits among nose, ear, hips, etc).

But if someone was really being honest about diversity he would ask for a precise distribution of every ethnicity that could be present instead of just white x black.

I can assure you that even though I have 3/4 of my heritage from Black, while looking white Latin, no one would confuse me for an Norwegian.

Well nobody would confuse me for a Norwegian either and I'm of Germanic (English to be precise) heritage just like them.

Also I've heard before from Asian friends that the easiest way to tell the difference between Chinese/Korean/Japanese is by the clothes they wear, so there really isn't much physical difference there

I know you are joking, but their eyes are quite different =p

But sure if their shirts have things written on you can more easily differentiate japanese, chinese and korean than you would any latin, german or the like because of the "alphabet" used.

Still most places differentiate latinos from"white caucasian".

CosmicSex said:
This whole fear of SJW is a fake illness that only targets straight white males and offends them. The whole thing is about being offended and scared. As a black person I can tell you that I am fine with other people's opinions. I play games with whatever characters there are and (watch this):
If developers wanted to add more black characters to games that would be awesome too.

Who did I trigger by having an opinion lol?

I feel like white men are the weakest of all because they have been robbed of the ability to brush opinions and comments off of their shoulder like everyone else. Every other single group of people are used to wild crazy opinions out there but white men need a special term to explain something we all deal with. Which is weird because white women are some of the strongest folks out there. They don't have the same fear based thought process. I am talking about US folks btw.

This is the most racist comment I ever read in this forum.

Not only that, but is also misandrist in conjuction. And it even directs it to US, directing the hate to a country.

Considering that the logic of the hate argument is flimsy and quite ironical, it is the the icing on the cake.

Last edited by solidpumar - on 26 February 2018

solidpumar said:
CosmicSex said:
This whole fear of SJW is a fake illness that only targets straight white males and offends them. The whole thing is about being offended and scared. As a black person I can tell you that I am fine with other people's opinions. I play games with whatever characters there are and (watch this):
If developers wanted to add more black characters to games that would be awesome too.

Who did I trigger by having an opinion lol?

I feel like white men are the weakest of all because they have been robbed of the ability to brush opinions and comments off of their shoulder like everyone else. Every other single group of people are used to wild crazy opinions out there but white men need a special term to explain something we all deal with. Which is weird because white women are some of the strongest folks out there. They don't have the same fear based thought process. I am talking about US folks btw.

This is the most racist comment I ever read in this forum.

I'm not racist.  I'm just not a little bitch and I get sick of the weird group thought that perpetuates because no one has the balls to try to snap you out of it.

And, can we stop calling everything we don't like/agree with racist?  Like I don't even know what racist is supposed to mean anymore. 

If you are talking about my white men comment.  I really mean that.  That you have your own illness is nuts.  The ultimate in being afraid of everyone. 

Remember the old days when some blacks and others used to call everything racist?  Well, now white men do it and it is just as annoying. 

- Moderated, Carl

Last edited by Carl - on 26 February 2018