By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats with publishers and Switch carts?

wombat123 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Man, they really went cheap though, probably just went with a 1GB cart.

At that point they should've just made it digital only.

Well lets not go crazy here.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Just don't buy it. If the game doesn't sell well it will teach the publisher a lesson not to do it again.

Send nasty emails to Capcom saying I would have bought this but you cheaped out on the physical cart so bye bye sale.  At least that way they know it wasn't that the IP isn't popular on the platform just we don't like seeing them save a dollar or two and putting the storage of the game on us.

yeah its pretty dumb,no matter who does,even you Nintendo.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

With Mega Man, I seriously doubt price is a real issue. It's probably to push more people to digital.

The storage space and card combo were never consumer friendly.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
And I heard from vgchartz people that resident evil revelation collection on the switch sold really well. Maybe that's why capcom keep doing this

Capcom themselves reported that resident evil revs collection on Switch sold over 250k

It's to fight the used games market. Your copy will be worth even less if part of the content can't even be accessed anymore after you sell it. They just hide behind the excuse " but carts are more expensive".

For really large games that excuse can be used of course, but not for a collection of NES roms.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Just look at it like a online pass, a method for them to use the media to fight pre owned sales of the games, each time someone buys a used copy of Bayonetta 2 they need to still shell out 30 online for the first game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Xen said:
Just nastiness and profits: spend money making only one physical copy, hence qualifying to sell it as such, but only spend money to do half the job.... NAND flash is expensive these days... and Capcom is cheap.

This has pissed me off hardcore ever since FFX/X-2 on Vita.

Huh. I had to look it up to see exactly what you were referring to. Had no idea FF X-2 on the Vita required a full download. A lame practice to be sure.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 19 February 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't understand this. You're going to charge $ 40 for this but you're not going to use the 8-gb cartridge? really, capcom?

I am going to buy the game because I am interested but I will do it when the game has a 50% discount.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10