By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latest UK Sofware (Week Ending 17 February 2018)

Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:
Fifa on Switch got almost 500x boost from last week due to a price cut to all versions. It is above the Xone version. That furter proofs that how many people want it on Switch but didn't wanted to pay full price for missing content.

And yet the ps4 version still sold more this week. Incredible.

 

Mhw also outselling bayonetta. Great legs.

Of course it did. They could be giving away the Switch version for free in UK and the PS4 version would still be moving more units.



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

A quick search told me Bayonetta 2's WiiU-debut was at #7



Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:
Fifa on Switch got almost 500x boost from last week due to a price cut to all versions. It is above the Xone version. That furter proofs that how many people want it on Switch but didn't wanted to pay full price for missing content.

And yet the ps4 version still sold more this week. Incredible.

 

Mhw also outselling bayonetta. Great legs.

Great indeed. Though, I would like a peek at these numbers :P



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

melbye said:
A quick search told me Bayonetta 2's WiiU-debut was at #7

in October.

Not really comparable.



Barozi said:
melbye said:
A quick search told me Bayonetta 2's WiiU-debut was at #7

in October.

Not really comparable.

Zhuge said wii u version launched higher 



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Barozi said:

in October.

Not really comparable.

Zhuge said wii u version launched higher 

Although he said that the difference was not significant and digital sales on Switch may put this release higher than the Wii U version.

This, not only for Bayo but also for games like Destiny 2, makes me wonder if we are really getting a good picture anymore based on physical sales. I remember when Destiny 2 launched people were calling it disappointing based on a smaller physical opening compared to its predecessors. Later we learned that when digital sales were factored in, it was actually a much higher opening than initially thought (I may be mistaken, but I believe it was even higher than the original). Just looking at certain titles like Secret of Mana, I think if we factored in digital sales then those games would be charting higher (though this is based on anecdotal evidence, pretty much everyone I know that got Secret of Mana remake purchased a digital copy).

Looking at how high digital revenue has gotten on systems like PS4 and Xbox One (and Switch to a much lesser extent; although there has also been significant growth here, according to Nintendo's own figures), I do wonder if we can rely on physical data alone, particularly when we are making comparisons to past titles. With more digital sales of retail games in general on all platforms and new services like GamePass (which will now include new first-party titles from MS), I think that charts GFK are going to become less reliable with regards to comparing the release of new games to either old counterparts or older entries in a franchise.



Great start for Kingdom Come Deliverance. I'd love for Warhorse to be able to take that series and refine it even more like CD Projekt Red did for the Witcher series. It's very much a return to the old European developed RPG series like Gothic and Risen (before Risen went to pure shit). Glad to see that it has found a sizeable audience on both PC and console.



Stuart23 said:
Fifa on Switch got almost 500x boost from last week due to a price cut to all versions. It is above the Xone version. That furter proofs that how many people want it on Switch but didn't wanted to pay full price for missing content.

Assuming you mean 500%, and not actually 500x. The Fifa Switch version has generally showed quite good legs, even though it's launch couldn't really hold a candle to the two other versions.



Kerotan said:
Barozi said:

in October.

Not really comparable.

Zhuge said wii u version launched higher 

Was he  talking about the U.K. specifically or WW? If WW i am a little surprised because it seemed to be doing pretty well, at least on Amazon globally. Also, if he has U.S. figures in already that's a massively quick turnaround for sales data.



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Kerotan said:

Zhuge said wii u version launched higher 

Was he  talking about the U.K. specifically or WW? If WW i am a little surprised because it seemed to be doing pretty well, at least on Amazon globally. Also, if he has U.S. figures in already that's a massively quick turnaround for sales data.

UK, he said its slightly below at retail but digital could push it over.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.