By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latest UK Sofware (Week Ending 17 February 2018)

I honestly still don't know how they are still making bayonetta games. the games don't sell, regardless of the high reviews, and good word on the internet, it's art style, and unappealing main character are is never gonna appeal to a bigger audience, why doesn't nintedo just give platinum the zelda ip to work with, and make a action game out of that.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
I honestly still don't know how they are still making bayonetta games. the games don't sell, regardless of the high reviews, and good word on the internet, it's art style, and unappealing main character are is never gonna appeal to a bigger audience, why doesn't nintedo just give platinum the zelda ip to work with, and make a action game out of that.

Because they already have Zelda? Variety sells consoles much better than just having a load of games from a single IP.

Besides, with this Switch re-release Bayonetta 2 is probably going to end up closer to 2m than 1m, which I'd expect would be enough to have easily made it profitable.

quickrick said:

EPD just released one of the highest rated games of all time which is going to be the best selling Zelda by far and they should hand the franchise to Platinum.......makes sense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

EPD just released one of the highest rated games of all time which is going to be the best selling Zelda by far and they should hand the franchise to Platinum.......makes sense.

I assume he meant in addition to the regular Zelda games. Like when they gave the IP to Koei Tecmo to make Hyrule Warriors.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

well i'm talking about a spin off, like hyrule warriors, something like metal gear solid rising, how much times are they gonna keep on trying to sell something that really has only niche appeal, regardless of its amazing reviews.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

well i'm talking about a spin off, like hyrule warriors, something like metal gear solid rising, how much times are they gonna keep on trying to sell something that really has only niche appeal, regardless of its amazing reviews.

So, you want less IP diversity?

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Gotcha, a spinoff by Platinum would be fine.

But to be fair, they have only tried twice and its highly possible that Bayo 2 was held back by being exclusive to Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

bayonetta is a failure of a ip, and platinum is the only developer making these type of games anymore, i would like to them to move on into something more appealing, maybe a surprise hit, making these type of game more popular again.   

quickrick said:

- this is a remaster

- its biggest market is US 

- it will sell over 1m lt and more than justify it

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

quickrick said:
VGPolyglot said:

bayonetta is a failure of a ip, and platinum is the only developer making these type of games anymore, i would like to them to move on into something more appealing, maybe a surprise hit, making these type of game more popular again.   

How is it a failure of an IP? If it was, they wouldn't be making a 3rd one.