By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latest UK Sofware (Week Ending 17 February 2018)

Korvo_Attano said:
How the hell is GTA still selling so much? Did it have a promotion or a price drop in the last week? I know it was 50% off or something like that on PS store and Steam.

GTA is glued to the charts,nothing stops a behemoth. 

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
Kerotan said:

Zhuge said wii u version launched higher 

Was he  talking about the U.K. specifically or WW? If WW i am a little surprised because it seemed to be doing pretty well, at least on Amazon globally. Also, if he has U.S. figures in already that's a massively quick turnaround for sales data.

UK. WW i would guess switch is higher. 

Kerotan said:
peachbuggy said:

Was he  talking about the U.K. specifically or WW? If WW i am a little surprised because it seemed to be doing pretty well, at least on Amazon globally. Also, if he has U.S. figures in already that's a massively quick turnaround for sales data.

UK. WW i would guess switch is higher. 

I think it is really going to depend on France in EU and US and other smaller regions combined. I think Japan is going to be region where it will be significantly lower than the original at launch, at least based off of its COMG pre-order run.

I was always under the impression that Bayonetta was more of a Western franchise and was pretty unpopular in Japan. Did Bayo 2 do that well in Japan to be concerned about the Switch re-release's performance there?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

What I don't understand is just how much higher GTAV is than the other GTA games, like the series was already huge but this blew it through the roof.

Well to be fair releasing on PS3/360 and then re-releasing on PS4/XOne probably near doubled its sales. It would still be the biggest GTA by far, but not as much if not for the re-release.

Plus compared to GTA4, it's a much better game. GTA4 had a lot of criticism when it was released and while I still think it's a great game it's generally considered one of the weaker GTA titles. 5 however is just a great game. GTA Online has no doubt helped a lot too. Sure GTA4 had a lot of multiplayer modes as well, but like I said people just didn't like 4 as much.

GTAIV had massive praise upon release though. I guess being re-released probably helped its sales a lot though.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

GTAIV had massive praise upon release though. I guess being re-released probably helped its sales a lot though.

It had massive praise from critics. Ask the fans though and you'll hear a lot about how it was a step backwards from San Andreas.

It's hard to gauge that though, I don't know how the perception of it changed as it went on.

I honestly still don't know how they are still making bayonetta games. the games don't sell, regardless of the high reviews, and good word on the internet, it's art style, and unappealing main character are is never gonna appeal to a bigger audience, why doesn't nintedo just give platinum the zelda ip to work with, and make a action game out of that.

quickrick said:
I honestly still don't know how they are still making bayonetta games. the games don't sell, regardless of the high reviews, and good word on the internet, it's art style, and unappealing main character are is never gonna appeal to a bigger audience, why doesn't nintedo just give platinum the zelda ip to work with, and make a action game out of that.

EPD just released one of the highest rated games of all time which is going to be the best selling Zelda by far and they should hand the franchise to Platinum.......makes sense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

EPD just released one of the highest rated games of all time which is going to be the best selling Zelda by far and they should hand the franchise to Platinum.......makes sense.

well i'm talking about a spin off, like hyrule warriors, something like metal gear solid rising, how much times are they gonna keep on trying to sell something that really has only niche appeal, regardless of its amazing reviews.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

well i'm talking about a spin off, like hyrule warriors, something like metal gear solid rising, how much times are they gonna keep on trying to sell something that really has only niche appeal, regardless of its amazing reviews.

So, you want less IP diversity?