By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latest UK Sofware (Week Ending 17 February 2018)

Ka-pi96 said:
quickrick said:
I honestly still don't know how they are still making bayonetta games. the games don't sell, regardless of the high reviews, and good word on the internet, it's art style, and unappealing main character are is never gonna appeal to a bigger audience, why doesn't nintedo just give platinum the zelda ip to work with, and make a action game out of that.

Because they already have Zelda? Variety sells consoles much better than just having a load of games from a single IP.

Besides, with this Switch re-release Bayonetta 2 is probably going to end up closer to 2m than 1m, which I'd expect would be enough to have easily made it profitable.

Pokemon, Wii Sports/Fit and animal crossing disagree. Nonetheless Bayonetta is pretty cool, but I doubt it well move many consoles. A bit like Ratchet and Clank PS4, The Last Guardian perhaps even Bloodborne and probably Dreams and Detroit. All pretty good games and one of the best 8th gen games. But to say they moved many consoles is doubtful.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

bayonetta is a failure of a ip, and platinum is the only developer making these type of games anymore, i would like to them to move on into something more appealing, maybe a surprise hit, making these type of game more popular again.   

How is it a failure of an IP? If it was, they wouldn't be making a 3rd one.

you think bayonetta 1 and 2 were a success? the first was hardly profitable, sega cancelled the sequel, and 2 didn't even sell a million on WIIU. nintedo funding them because it's very cheap probably, and gives a good buzz online. 



quickrick said:
VGPolyglot said:

How is it a failure of an IP? If it was, they wouldn't be making a 3rd one.

you think bayonetta 1 and 2 were a success? the first was hardly profitable, sega cancelled the sequel, and 2 didn't even sell a million on WIIU. nintedo funding them because it's very cheap probably, and gives a good buzz online. 

Enough of a success for them to get sequels, yeah.



fifa18 on number one spot again, that's amazing



Qwark said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Because they already have Zelda? Variety sells consoles much better than just having a load of games from a single IP.

Besides, with this Switch re-release Bayonetta 2 is probably going to end up closer to 2m than 1m, which I'd expect would be enough to have easily made it profitable.

Pokemon, Wii Sports/Fit and animal crossing disagree. Nonetheless Bayonetta is pretty cool, but I doubt it well move many consoles. A bit like Ratchet and Clank PS4, The Last Guardian perhaps even Bloodborne and probably Dreams and Detroit. All pretty good games and one of the best 8th gen games. But to say they moved many consoles is doubtful.

Because Nintendo handhelds have no games but Pokemon and the Wii only had Wii Fit? It's not as if Mario, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and a load of casual crap (in the case of DS) sold handhelds either... Or Mario, Zelda, Just Dance etc for the Wii. They undoubtedly would have sold worse if you were to replace all of those other system sellers with just more Pokemon and Wii Sports instead.



Around the Network

Am I blind or I cant see gran turismo sport? Expected to see it higher since it is an uk chart.



Vincoletto said:
Am I blind or I cant see gran turismo sport? Expected to see it higher since it is an uk chart.

It is there. In a lowly 35th place on the individual formats, down from 19th last week.



Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:

Pokemon, Wii Sports/Fit and animal crossing disagree. Nonetheless Bayonetta is pretty cool, but I doubt it well move many consoles. A bit like Ratchet and Clank PS4, The Last Guardian perhaps even Bloodborne and probably Dreams and Detroit. All pretty good games and one of the best 8th gen games. But to say they moved many consoles is doubtful.

Because Nintendo handhelds have no games but Pokemon and the Wii only had Wii Fit? It's not as if Mario, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and a load of casual crap (in the case of DS) sold handhelds either... Or Mario, Zelda, Just Dance etc for the Wii. They undoubtedly would have sold worse if you were to replace all of those other system sellers with just more Pokemon and Wii Sports instead.

If you can't see how extremely vital Pokemon was to the 3DS during the holiday season. If you would replace Pokemon for Switch by Bayonetta four and five that would be a worse move by far. The same goes for Sony. If Sony only cated about moving consoles. They could better focus on making/buying more Crash, Horizons and Uncharted tier games at the expense of making/buying Gravity Rush, Persona 5 and The last Guardian Tier games. Yet there is a small market for those games and they earn themselves back. Not every exclusive sells system and they don't have to either, just make a profit.

 

Besides I highly doubt Bayonetta can compete saleswise with any of the games you named above. Zelda and Mario easily sell 6 million plus and so does Monster Hunter. Dragon Quest movesillion in Japan. But those aren't lower tier games, saleswise. Bayonetta would be very lucky to hit the 3 million mark.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

How hasn't GTA V saturated its market yet?



quickrick said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, you want less IP diversity?

bayonetta is a failure of a ip, and platinum is the only developer making these type of games anymore, i would like to them to move on into something more appealing, maybe a surprise hit, making these type of game more popular again.   

Lmao Bayonetta isn't a failure. It just never had a chance. Bayonetta 1 on PS3 was a catastrophe and 360 people didn't really care. It was a big hit on Stream last year when it came out tho. 

Bayonetta 2 came out exclusive to a console with a ridiculous install base, terrible ecosystem and the audience target was clearly not the one playing Bayonetta. The game didn't do terribly tho.

Now on Switch, even tho it's a port, I really think the game will have decent sales and long legs when come Smash bros and Bayonetta 3. I expect Bayo 3 to be a multi million seller game.