By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I Really Want from Switch in The Future

Switch should have party chat but not VR. I wouldn't think VR would work very well on Switch anyway. Most importantly though, GAMES!

Around the Network

Ok, I don't own one, and don't talk about the Switch too much here because my tune hasn't changed much in the last year. There's much to like. Software is great, hardware is missing a few staples but is great too. However, the current online situation is insane. From the system not having a mic, to the overall infrastructure and glaring lack of the most basic features, as well as the required app and smartphone mess,( which would be fine as an option, but is awful as a requirement for functionality ) it's mind blowing that this is the current state of Nintendo's online offering. More hassle for less payoff is terrible proposition. I like to play co-op games online, and to a lesser extent competitive multi. I absolutely refuse to put on a monkey hat and participate in that circus to play, let's say, my beloved EDF with friends. I'm quite accustomed to life as a modern human when venturing online and won't be paying good money for the opportunity to regress to the times of....when exactly? I mean there are some things the Xbox did better in 2002, and I didn't have to run it through an ancillary device to do them. Battery life is kinda iffy too, but that's a minor issue for me, and will be fixed over time. Everything else looks dope. And hey, real memory cards! I love handhelds, and would use it as such, so it SHOULD be something I buy eventually as a successor to the Vita. So that's what I want. All of that fixed. I can see why people can overlook some, most, or even all of these things. For me however, the Switch is an extravagant, very unnecessary purchase, as I'm already lucky enough to have more games than I need. And as I've said a few times prior, I'm quite tied into, and happy with, the PS ecosystem. If I was more "in the market" for a new system, I'd buy one in spite of it's flaws and play single player games only. As it is, I'm definitely going to be more discriminating and wait for improvement. Trophievments would be a nice bonus too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AlfredoTurkey said:

Nothing you mentioned had anything to do with the main point of owning one... good games. Does it have good games in your opinion? If it does, then it's succeeding at its goal.

We should expect more than the bare minimum these days.

I just want a good flow of games, thats all I ask for.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Virtual Console is the big one for me.
Cloud based saving would be another.
Family Sharing would be third.

Achievements and VR I can live without. VR is not my thing, I find it fun for like 10 minutes and then grow weary of it. Achievements are basically a giant fetch-quest, the laziest way to design objectives in a game - this is the sort of design philosophy that I want Nintendo to avoid on their console platforms - maybe on mobile?

Any online multiplayer features would be nice; but I am not much for online play. When I catch myself playing online games, I always find myself thinking “I could be doing something better with my time.” - But being a Nintendo/PC gamer, it could be that just no worthwhile online experiences exist, I have never owned an Xbox or played online PS games. I have a tendency to get depressed if I feel I am wasting time; probably why I like portable gaming so much too, because I play it during times when I have no choice but to waste time; but many games I feel are very time worthy, I just haven’t found that online multi-player experience yet.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Other than games i want cloud saves.

The priority has to be a consistent flow of good games - and particularly a good, consistent variety of Nintendo-published software, which will keep Switch selling strongly. It's a shame they haven't done a big Direct this year to show most of their 2018 line-up, like the Switch reveal last year.

As a Switch owner there are other things I'd like to see:
- Revamped eShop. The rate of releases means the current set-up is inadequate.
- More UI customisation options. Folders to make things more manageable, wallpapers and more profile emblems would be good.
- Apps. Youtube, Twitch and Netflix should be available globally for Switch.
- Cloud saves. A necessity, really.
- Virtual Console/Classic Game Selection. Is Classic Game Selection the new VC? I don't know, but Nintendo have a gold-mine of a back catalogue which should be made available on Switch, one way or another.

I just want more games. But it's still a very young console, so they're coming.

I'd be so happy if I could organize the order of my games. They're in the order that I last played them but I want an alphabetical order option! Or folders.

A web browser on par with the WiiU would be nice, too.

VGPolyglot said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nothing you mentioned had anything to do with the main point of owning one... good games. Does it have good games in your opinion? If it does, then it's succeeding at its goal.

We should expect more than the bare minimum these days.

You have some hefty expectations if a vast library of great games isn't enough for you. That's really all I care about. Anything else after that is just gravy.