By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I Really Want from Switch in The Future

Friend texts: yes. VR:no, please. The rest: sure.
I want a dpad joycon and an ambitious 2D Super Mario game. Some decent new first party games in 2018, too, Kirby, Yoshi and Fire Emblem is like the definition of Nintendo leftovers. Maybe we'll getblucky with Metroid or Pokemon coming out this year.

Around the Network

I just want more variety of games and a few of my PS3/PS4 game for portability.

These days I mainly play around work at home more work lol.

I expect in no certain ifs ands or buts is great games.

What I want but consider icing on top of the system is the following...

- Better online structure or format to justify charging for online multiplayer. The lame voice app via phone isn't going to cut it and depending on how they handle the retro game offer that might not be up to snuff either. They need a communication feature or some sort of major hook, especially for families that are used to the Nintendo stuff being free.
- Streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Crunchyroll/VRV, etc
- Themes for the home menu, they don't have to feature the cool music like the 3DS if that would slow the system down but I do want some sort of visual option besides white or black.
- Special edition Joy-cons

Party chat -- hell, yes. Voice chat or, at the very least, messaging would be a huge help.

The rest -- I could live without.

-Longer battery life

-Keep the great games coming.

That's about it.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nothing you mentioned had anything to do with the main point of owning one... good games. Does it have good games in your opinion? If it does, then it's succeeding at its goal.

Nothing you said has anything to do with the OP either. Hes not talking about the point in owning one. He's just stating what he wants in the future.

Thanks. I don't know what I'd do without you anonymous message board people telling me how wrong I am 24/7. It's like an old hat or worn out glove. So fucking soothing...

dx11332sega said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nothing you mentioned had anything to do with the main point of owning one... good games. Does it have good games in your opinion? If it does, then it's succeeding at its goal.

I do own one. I love the games and portability I'm just hoping that with paid online in an update they add these features and what others posted here .I'm overwhelmed with Switch I just want more :3

If we are paying for online then they better make the service up to snuff.  That said if they are already planning to charge less than the console  standard of $60 a year then I'd place bets that we will get little to none of that, which would be a shame. 

I know they have to lock more features behind their paywall to make it enticing but if they are only locking away online play and little else ... well if that's the case I hope they see sales of Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 hit a brick wall. If they want us to pay to play then they need to deliver.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nogamez said:

Nothing you said has anything to do with the OP either. Hes not talking about the point in owning one. He's just stating what he wants in the future.

Thanks. I don't know what I'd do without you anonymous message board people telling me how wrong I am 24/7. It's like an old hat or worn out glove. So fucking soothing...

Your welcome pal ;)

I don't care much for the VR stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing a real achievement system and a better online friend system w/voice chat, so that you don't have to screw around with a stupid app. Ah well, at least the online system is better and more streamlined that it used to be, though that's not saying much.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Party chat seems like a good feature to have on the Switch, as well as custom profile pics. The others I'm not so crazy about myself.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread