By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation VR Deals starting at $199.99 (GT Sport + camera) (US only)

flashfire926 said:
Errorist76 said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PSVR+2+million+sold

 

And yes...you are talking crap, if you say they don’t give numbers when they indeed do.

Okay, I usually keep a close eye for sales numbers, not sure how this escaped me. 

Though, the attitude you're showing with that link and all is quite unnecessary though.

You practically accuse me of lying, then let me search for the link instead of googling it yourself and now I‘M the one with the attitude?! 

Just forget it.

 

flashfire926 said: 
DonFerrari said: 

They not only have said they are over their projections they also complained they are to much ahead of their competitors and gave an update of the 2M total sales and the amount of SW per HW sold (something around 4,5-6)

PR can't lie on facts. So if they had internal projections and they failed to meet they can't say they exceed their target.

Just look at X1 when MS said until they couldn't anymore that X1 was the fastest selling Xbox ever. But still say this is the best year for exclusives (because that is totally subjective so no one can really go against their spin on this).

Now will you accept you were wrong based on the link Errorist sent?

Yeah, somehow that 2 million plus news didn't get to me somehow.

But pr does lie sometimes. Capcom said they were "approaching 2.5 million shipments" for Street Fighter 5, before their report, but when the release came out they had only just reached 2 million. That's an utter lie.

edit: but in the long term vr still end up flopping, and the end outcome will be similar regardless of what psvr has sold right now.

If you really think that, no one can help you man. I know you guys. Nothing will help you...until, some day, you’ll get the chance to see it yourself... VR is here to stay, regardless how fast mass adaption will happen.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 26 February 2018

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
RaptorChrist said:

Hadn't posted in a couple days since I got my new set-up. I did the IPD calibration, which made a world of difference. The image is now much more clear. I was worried at first, as my peripheral vision was always blurry, and I thought it was a limitation of the hardware, but everything is better now.

I would say the 3DS does have a much crisper 3D effect, being it that both eyes are looking at the same thing, so there is no risk of things being offset at all. That being said, the VR has much more advanced 3D tech, as depth perception is perfect. In the VR worlds demo, you can find your PS4 controller even with the headset on because it tracks where it is in the room, and I thought it was cool how I was able to perfectly grab the controller when my wife held it in front of me. The fact that when you move your head, the 3D adapts to that is nice (i.e. you can look over things or around things).

RE7 is scary as hell. I've played the game in the past, and only ever got maybe 3 hours in, but damn, holy carp VR makes it so much scarier. Like wtf sneak attack fear boner. I have run into bugs that require me to restart though, and it's something that I usually have to deal with until making it to the next save point. My character's head will just be really high up, as if I'm like 8 feet tall. When walking through doors, I'm literally passing through the wall above the door. Same thing with staircases. It's very odd.

Anyways, looking forward to playing with it some more. It's a fun new toy.

Just a quick tip that may fix your issues in RE7. Always make sure your camera is close to level with the PSVR headset. If you are sitting place it on the TV Stand (if you have one). If you are standing position it above the TV. 

I know it is a hassle, but it is one of the set backs of the current VR. If you don't do this some games will just be broken. I can't get Fruit Ninja, Arizona Sunshine, Carnival Games VR, or Pierhead Arcade to work proper with the camera down low. RE7, I Expect You To Die, and Ultrawings a re a few of the titles that run into issues with the camera too high. 

Hope this helps. You should be able to play RE7 without any issues, I played some 6+ hour sessions back at release with no issue, once the camera was positioned properly.

Hmm...I always have my camera positioned on my TV. No need to adjust it for anything except of course adjusting the angle for standing up games. Is it possible you’re either too close or too far?



flashfire926 said:
Errorist76 said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PSVR+2+million+sold

 

And yes...you are talking crap, if you say they don’t give numbers when they indeed do.

Okay, I usually keep a close eye for sales numbers, not sure how this escaped me. 

Though, the attitude you're showing with that link and all is quite unnecessary though.

Look at your first post and then talk about attitude.... or all your other posts here.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

They not only have said they are over their projections they also complained they are to much ahead of their competitors and gave an update of the 2M total sales and the amount of SW per HW sold (something around 4,5-6)

PR can't lie on facts. So if they had internal projections and they failed to meet they can't say they exceed their target.

Just look at X1 when MS said until they couldn't anymore that X1 was the fastest selling Xbox ever. But still say this is the best year for exclusives (because that is totally subjective so no one can really go against their spin on this).

Now will you accept you were wrong based on the link Errorist sent?

Yeah, somehow that 2 million plus news didn't get to me somehow.

But pr does lie sometimes. Capcom said they were "approaching 2.5 million shipments" for Street Fighter 5, before their report, but when the release came out they had only just reached 2 million. That's an utter lie.

edit: but in the long term vr still end up flopping, and the end outcome will be similar regardless of what psvr has sold right now.

Just the 2M news right? So what about all the others that were positive?

Nope they can mislead or spin, but they can't outright lie... and approaching 2.5M isn't a lie if they are still shipping even if they had only passed 2M. If they said they sold past 2.5M then they would be lying. MS used this spin on "Xbox is nearing 10M consoles shipped at the holidays", they were still at 8,5M but with Sony recently releasing some numbers they anticipated what they thought they would reach after December.

you may think what you want and can have whatever attitude you want, won't erase that you were wrong on this thread and that your behavior was worse than anyone answering you. Besides the fact you are wishing for tech to fail.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

Okay, I usually keep a close eye for sales numbers, not sure how this escaped me. 

Though, the attitude you're showing with that link and all is quite unnecessary though.

Look at your first post and then talk about attitude.... or all your other posts here.

flashfire926 said:

Yeah, somehow that 2 million plus news didn't get to me somehow.

But pr does lie sometimes. Capcom said they were "approaching 2.5 million shipments" for Street Fighter 5, before their report, but when the release came out they had only just reached 2 million. That's an utter lie.

edit: but in the long term vr still end up flopping, and the end outcome will be similar regardless of what psvr has sold right now.

Just the 2M news right? So what about all the others that were positive?

Nope they can mislead or spin, but they can't outright lie... and approaching 2.5M isn't a lie if they are still shipping even if they had only passed 2M. If they said they sold past 2.5M then they would be lying. MS used this spin on "Xbox is nearing 10M consoles shipped at the holidays", they were still at 8,5M but with Sony recently releasing some numbers they anticipated what they thought they would reach after December.

you may think what you want and can have whatever attitude you want, won't erase that you were wrong on this thread and that your behavior was worse than anyone answering you. Besides the fact you are wishing for tech to fail.

The last days the Skyrim PSVR bundle was outselling all consoles but the Switch on Amazon US. Just saying.



Errorist76 said:
flashfire926 said:

Okay, I usually keep a close eye for sales numbers, not sure how this escaped me. 

Though, the attitude you're showing with that link and all is quite unnecessary though.

You practically accuse me of lying, then let me search for the link instead of googling it yourself and now I‘M the one with the attitude?! 

Just forget it.

 

flashfire926 said: 

Yeah, somehow that 2 million plus news didn't get to me somehow.

But pr does lie sometimes. Capcom said they were "approaching 2.5 million shipments" for Street Fighter 5, before their report, but when the release came out they had only just reached 2 million. That's an utter lie.

edit: but in the long term vr still end up flopping, and the end outcome will be similar regardless of what psvr has sold right now.

If you really think that, no one can help you man. I know you guys. Nothing will help you...until, some day, you’ll get the chance to see it yourself... VR is here to stay, regardless how fast mass adaption will happen.

When did I accuse you of lying? I admitted I missed when the numbers were given.  



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

Okay, I usually keep a close eye for sales numbers, not sure how this escaped me. 

Though, the attitude you're showing with that link and all is quite unnecessary though.

Look at your first post and then talk about attitude.... or all your other posts here.

flashfire926 said:

Yeah, somehow that 2 million plus news didn't get to me somehow.

But pr does lie sometimes. Capcom said they were "approaching 2.5 million shipments" for Street Fighter 5, before their report, but when the release came out they had only just reached 2 million. That's an utter lie.

edit: but in the long term vr still end up flopping, and the end outcome will be similar regardless of what psvr has sold right now.

Just the 2M news right? So what about all the others that were positive?

Nope they can mislead or spin, but they can't outright lie... and approaching 2.5M isn't a lie if they are still shipping even if they had only passed 2M. If they said they sold past 2.5M then they would be lying. MS used this spin on "Xbox is nearing 10M consoles shipped at the holidays", they were still at 8,5M but with Sony recently releasing some numbers they anticipated what they thought they would reach after December.

you may think what you want and can have whatever attitude you want, won't erase that you were wrong on this thread and that your behavior was worse than anyone answering you. Besides the fact you are wishing for tech to fail.

BTW in that instance MS was lying too,  imo. 

I am not wishing for any tech to fail.  I just think it will fail at being mainstream (though it has its place as a niche technology carved out).

 

How is my first post bad?  It's just my honest opinion. 

Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad attitude.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Errorist76 said:

Hmm...I always have my camera positioned on my TV. No need to adjust it for anything except of course adjusting the angle for standing up games. Is it possible you’re either too close or too far?

I'm  not sure why, I have a 12'W x 15'D area, and regaurdless of where I am some games just won't track right depending on camera height. Farpoint was actually the first one that I figured this out on. Originally, I always had the camera on the TV stand, about 25" off the ground. Farpoint wouldn't calibrate right, and the gun would drift like crazy when I would aim. After playing a couple days dealing with that, I gave up and moved itto the topof the TV, about 6' off the ground. After that it worked perfect, and other games like Uob Conditiining and Batman got much better, but sitting stuff took a hit.

Now I just always kove the camera depending on if I am going to be sitting or standing. It gives me the best possible tracking. It seems to me that Move and Aim games where the controller goes in front of your face need the camera up hugh more than other games. It must let the camera see each unit better or something.

At any rate, this is what works for me. It is thing Iwould reallly like to see fixed with PSVR2.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Errorist76 said:

Hmm...I always have my camera positioned on my TV. No need to adjust it for anything except of course adjusting the angle for standing up games. Is it possible you’re either too close or too far?

I'm  not sure why, I have a 12'W x 15'D area, and regaurdless of where I am some games just won't track right depending on camera height. Farpoint was actually the first one that I figured this out on. Originally, I always had the camera on the TV stand, about 25" off the ground. Farpoint wouldn't calibrate right, and the gun would drift like crazy when I would aim. After playing a couple days dealing with that, I gave up and moved itto the topof the TV, about 6' off the ground. After that it worked perfect, and other games like Uob Conditiining and Batman got much better, but sitting stuff took a hit.

Now I just always kove the camera depending on if I am going to be sitting or standing. It gives me the best possible tracking. It seems to me that Move and Aim games where the controller goes in front of your face need the camera up hugh more than other games. It must let the camera see each unit better or something.

At any rate, this is what works for me. It is thing Iwould reallly like to see fixed with PSVR2.

PSVR won’t feature light tracking anymore, so no worries. I somehow get the feeling you’re possible a bit too far from the camera. The lighting in your room should be really low of course, but with the camera on top of the TV at the right angle, you really shouldn’t have a problem at say 2.5 m of distance, even if you’re sitting (considering you lowered the camera angle pointing down towards you of course). I’d never use the low camera position since it seems obvious that your controller lights would indeed interfere more.



Errorist76 said:
KBG29 said:

I'm  not sure why, I have a 12'W x 15'D area, and regaurdless of where I am some games just won't track right depending on camera height. Farpoint was actually the first one that I figured this out on. Originally, I always had the camera on the TV stand, about 25" off the ground. Farpoint wouldn't calibrate right, and the gun would drift like crazy when I would aim. After playing a couple days dealing with that, I gave up and moved itto the topof the TV, about 6' off the ground. After that it worked perfect, and other games like Uob Conditiining and Batman got much better, but sitting stuff took a hit.

Now I just always kove the camera depending on if I am going to be sitting or standing. It gives me the best possible tracking. It seems to me that Move and Aim games where the controller goes in front of your face need the camera up hugh more than other games. It must let the camera see each unit better or something.

At any rate, this is what works for me. It is thing Iwould reallly like to see fixed with PSVR2.

PSVR won’t feature light tracking anymore, so no worries. I somehow get the feeling you’re possible a bit too far from the camera. The lighting in your room should be really low of course, but with the camera on top of the TV at the right angle, you really shouldn’t have a problem at say 2.5 m of distance, even if you’re sitting (considering you lowered the camera angle pointing down towards you of course). I’d never use the low camera position since it seems obvious that your controller lights would indeed interfere more.

It will definitly be a huge upgrade if they moved to something that could be tracked regaurdless of lighting, and was less susceptible to interference. PSVR2 is the biggest reason I am looking forward to PS5. New controllers and better tracking are the biggest things holding back PSVR from blowing up IMO.

P.S. Sorry for all the wonkyness going on in that post, had to rush to get it posted before a meeting. Didn't get a chance to proof read. That was pretty bad.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Look at your first post and then talk about attitude.... or all your other posts here.

Just the 2M news right? So what about all the others that were positive?

Nope they can mislead or spin, but they can't outright lie... and approaching 2.5M isn't a lie if they are still shipping even if they had only passed 2M. If they said they sold past 2.5M then they would be lying. MS used this spin on "Xbox is nearing 10M consoles shipped at the holidays", they were still at 8,5M but with Sony recently releasing some numbers they anticipated what they thought they would reach after December.

you may think what you want and can have whatever attitude you want, won't erase that you were wrong on this thread and that your behavior was worse than anyone answering you. Besides the fact you are wishing for tech to fail.

The last days the Skyrim PSVR bundle was outselling all consoles but the Switch on Amazon US. Just saying.

That is an indication that Switch is flopping together with PSVR as all know.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

Look at your first post and then talk about attitude.... or all your other posts here.

Just the 2M news right? So what about all the others that were positive?

Nope they can mislead or spin, but they can't outright lie... and approaching 2.5M isn't a lie if they are still shipping even if they had only passed 2M. If they said they sold past 2.5M then they would be lying. MS used this spin on "Xbox is nearing 10M consoles shipped at the holidays", they were still at 8,5M but with Sony recently releasing some numbers they anticipated what they thought they would reach after December.

you may think what you want and can have whatever attitude you want, won't erase that you were wrong on this thread and that your behavior was worse than anyone answering you. Besides the fact you are wishing for tech to fail.

BTW in that instance MS was lying too,  imo. 

I am not wishing for any tech to fail.  I just think it will fail at being mainstream (though it has its place as a niche technology carved out).

 

How is my first post bad?  It's just my honest opinion. 

Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad attitude.

Not lying, misleading.

No one here is asking it to be mainstream, but an accessory consistently selling let's say 5M per gen and 50M SW on it, have a market.

Well if you won't look at the mirror and don't see how your attitude was bad instead of complaining about other people attitude that is on you.

KBG29 said:
Errorist76 said:

Hmm...I always have my camera positioned on my TV. No need to adjust it for anything except of course adjusting the angle for standing up games. Is it possible you’re either too close or too far?

I'm  not sure why, I have a 12'W x 15'D area, and regaurdless of where I am some games just won't track right depending on camera height. Farpoint was actually the first one that I figured this out on. Originally, I always had the camera on the TV stand, about 25" off the ground. Farpoint wouldn't calibrate right, and the gun would drift like crazy when I would aim. After playing a couple days dealing with that, I gave up and moved itto the topof the TV, about 6' off the ground. After that it worked perfect, and other games like Uob Conditiining and Batman got much better, but sitting stuff took a hit.

Now I just always kove the camera depending on if I am going to be sitting or standing. It gives me the best possible tracking. It seems to me that Move and Aim games where the controller goes in front of your face need the camera up hugh more than other games. It must let the camera see each unit better or something.

At any rate, this is what works for me. It is thing Iwould reallly like to see fixed with PSVR2.

The camera inclination didn't help any? At home I ever only had issues with DCVR, the rest either I didn't play long enough or I was moving a lot but no drift or lousy tracking.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."