By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation VR Deals starting at $199.99 (GT Sport + camera) (US only)

DonFerrari said:

The camera inclination didn't help any? At home I ever only had issues with DCVR, the rest either I didn't play long enough or I was moving a lot but no drift or lousy tracking.

All good here. I have pretty much found the proper placements depending on games. I was just trying to pass along info from my expereinces to somone else. My rule now is basically always keep the camera level or close to level with the headset. Also, follow the instructions. Some games call for the camera to be placed above the TV (Farpoint), some games below (Moss). Some don't so I just follow the rules layed out by the games that do offer guidance.

It is a learning curve, but as I said, hopefully it will be ironed out with PSVR 2, and mostly eliminate any troubleshooting. Current PSVR definitly has to be slightly babysat, which does not align itself well with the mainstream. Most people expect things to just work.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
DonFerrari said:

The camera inclination didn't help any? At home I ever only had issues with DCVR, the rest either I didn't play long enough or I was moving a lot but no drift or lousy tracking.

All good here. I have pretty much found the proper placements depending on games. I was just trying to pass along info from my expereinces to somone else. My rule now is basically always keep the camera level or close to level with the headset. Also, follow the instructions. Some games call for the camera to be placed above the TV (Farpoint), some games below (Moss). Some don't so I just follow the rules layed out by the games that do offer guidance.

It is a learning curve, but as I said, hopefully it will be ironed out with PSVR 2, and mostly eliminate any troubleshooting. Current PSVR definitly has to be slightly babysat, which does not align itself well with the mainstream. Most people expect things to just work.

Yeah, that’s true. There are a few to take care and be aware of, if you’re new to PSVR.

so....did anyone get Moss yet? I’ll have on wait for my bro to get home and buy it for us, so we can share it.

KBG29 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes your experience and explanation may help a lot of people. And yes PSVR2 need to correct these issues to make a decent experience to anyone that just want to plug and play.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I picked up Until Dawn: Rush of Blood some time ago when it was free on PS Plus without ever realizing it. I didn't have VR at the time, so I paid no attention to it, and just added all the free games to my library.

I played through about half of it, and found it to be very satisfying and possibly my favorite experience so far, although very scary (those pigs).

I still haven't gotten to play RE7 yet. I get paid today or tomorrow, and there are a couple things I want:

1. PS4 Pro
2. 4K TV
3. Logitech G29 Steering Wheel

I'm leaning towards upgrading to a pro. What benefits will I see, being it that I'm still using a 1080p TV? What if I hooked it up to a 1440p monitor?

I've read that there are VR enhancements as well; can anyone attest to this, and to what degree?

Worth it?

EDIT: Oh man, have you tried Thumper VR yet? I played the demo, and oh damn was it amazing. Will definitely be getting this one.

RaptorChrist said:

I picked up Until Dawn: Rush of Blood some time ago when it was free on PS Plus without ever realizing it. I didn't have VR at the time, so I paid no attention to it, and just added all the free games to my library.

I played through about half of it, and found it to be very satisfying and possibly my favorite experience so far, although very scary (those pigs).

I still haven't gotten to play RE7 yet. I get paid today or tomorrow, and there are a couple things I want:

1. PS4 Pro
2. 4K TV

I'm leaning towards upgrading to a pro. What benefits will I see, being it that I'm still using a 1080p TV? What if I hooked it up to a 1440p monitor?

I've read that there are VR enhancements as well; can anyone attest to this, and to what degree?

Worth it?

EDIT: Oh man, have you tried Thumper VR yet? I played the demo, and oh damn was it amazing. Will definitely be getting this one.

Thumper is f'in amazing! And yeah, Rush of Blood is among my favourite experiences as well.. those pigs are incredible haha. There was a point where I just jumped and screamed, while ripping my headset off lol. So much fun.

A Pro will not support a 1440 p monitor.

A Pro will give you benefits like better framerates (even on older, non-optimised games), shorter load times and improved picture quality via supersampling (also in VR, which results in a clearer picture..some games will add improved detail like Skyrim, Robinson or GT Sport)

You should really check out the The Persistence demo as well. It's a rogue like sci-fi horror VR game...really creepy. 

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
RaptorChrist said:

1. PS4 Pro
2. 4K TV

Worth it?

Thumper is f'in amazing! And yeah, Rush of Blood is among my favourite experiences as well.. those pigs are incredible haha. There was a point where I just jumped and screamed, while ripping my headset off lol. So much fun.

A Pro will not support a 1440 p monitor.

A Pro will give you benefits like better framerates (even on older, non-optimised games), shorter load times and improved picture quality via supersampling (also in VR, which results in a clearer picture..some games will add improved detail like Skyrim, Robinson or GT Sport)

You should really check out the The Persistence demo as well. It's a rogue like sci-fi horror VR game...really creepy. 

I am a huge fan of rogue-likes/lites, so that sounds great. Backlog is getting too large.

So yeah, good chance I get a Pro in the next week, but also  a chance I hold off for another month.

Thanks for the info :)

Wait a minute... What's the deal with my save files if I get a Pro?

Bought my pro and doing a system transfer right now. Wasn't too bad to figure out, but it's going to take 3 hours to transfer everything. On the plus side, my OG ps4 is completely out of it's 500 GB worth of space, and my new one is 1 TB. Also, getting an extra controller was a nice surprise. It's a bit different than my regular PS4 controller; slightly better build quality. Not quite as nice as the Switch Pro controller, but I don't think these are $70, and it weighs much less, too.

Still gotta get a 4K TV at some point.

RaptorChrist said:

1. PS4 Pro
2. 4K TV

Worth it?

VR games will run better on Pro, regular games you won't notice much difference on FullHD TV, there is little content for 4K and PS4Pro doesn't really make much of the resolution... so if it was me to choose I would go G29...

But since I'm a sucker I bought the VR, Pro, 4K TV and Thrustmaster GT5 special wheel kkkkk.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

RaptorChrist said:
Wait a minute... What's the deal with my save files if I get a Pro?

If you were using PSN+, it would have been a matter of all saves already being on the cloud and you downloading what you need...

Without it, you could just transfer all to a pen drive and then to PS4Pro.

But you already figured out a way