By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation VR Deals starting at $199.99 (GT Sport + camera) (US only)

Never even tried a cheap gaming wheel before (unless you count the Wiimote plus Mario Kart wheel lolol). To me it's pretty crazy that a decent wheel costs as much as the PS4 or a 4K TV, so I imagine they are pretty legit.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
RaptorChrist said:
Never even tried a cheap gaming wheel before (unless you count the Wiimote plus Mario Kart wheel lolol). To me it's pretty crazy that a decent wheel costs as much as the PS4 or a 4K TV, so I imagine they are pretty legit.

Just go for a T150 and save the money, if your not buying it for pc so theres no need to go throwing money at features that won't be used besides for the odd exception like Pcars2.

My father always said “The one who buys cheap buys twice”. And he’s damn right. I wouldn’t cheap out on a wheel.

RaptorChrist said:

I had the cheap option and now T500RS, there is a lot of difference, at the time i bought it, it costed like 3x the console.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

VR games will run better on Pro, regular games you won't notice much difference on FullHD TV, there is little content for 4K and PS4Pro doesn't really make much of the resolution... so if it was me to choose I would go G29...

But since I'm a sucker I bought the VR, Pro, 4K TV and Thrustmaster GT5 special wheel kkkkk.

Just go for a T150 and save the money, he's not buying it for pc so theres no need to go throwing money at features that won't be used besides for the odd exception like Pcars2. 

I don't regret he T500RS, but that was tailored to GT5, still working good on PS4, unfortunatelly for some odd reason most of times it flips right and left pedal.

Errorist76 said:
John2290 said:

Just go for a T150 and save the money, if your not buying it for pc so theres no need to go throwing money at features that won't be used besides for the odd exception like Pcars2.

My father always said “The one who buys cheap buys twice”. And he’s damn right. I wouldn’t cheap out on a wheel.

There is an adage to that: "Anything can always be made a little cheaper by someone, and the ones that value something only by the price are its rightful victims".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
RaptorChrist said:

I had the cheap option and now T500RS, there is a lot of difference, at the time i bought it, it costed like 3x the console.

John2290 said:

Just go for a T150 and save the money, he's not buying it for pc so theres no need to go throwing money at features that won't be used besides for the odd exception like Pcars2. 

I don't regret he T500RS, but that was tailored to GT5, still working good on PS4, unfortunatelly for some odd reason most of times it flips right and left pedal.

Errorist76 said:

There is an adage to that: "Anything can always be made a little cheaper by someone, and the ones that value something only by the price are its rightful victims".

While that is also true, he was just saying that quality usually has its price.

Although one might argue, that PSVR is a great buy for the comparatively low amount of money it costs.

A T150 really isn’t that good though.. T300RS or G29 is the minimum one should go imho. 

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 03 March 2018

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Why that is also true, he was just saying that quality usually has its price.

Although one might argue, that PSVR is a great buy, for the comparatively low amount of money it costs.

A T150 really isn’t that good though.. T300RS or G29 is the minimum one should go imho. 

Never tried T150, and I'm glad there are options for all budget, and for all means the person shall find what is the best fit for him.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

I don't understand why a wheel can't work for both console and PC, especially given it's cost.

Anyways, I bought Thumper and played through the first three levels. I'd read online that the game is very difficult for a rhythm game, but so far I haven't had any trouble. I tend to excel at rhythm games, so it's reassuring to me that having not played one in some time hasn't caused me to suck at them.

I still get a bit of nausea when playing VR for more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time, which is unfortunate. I'm hoping that goes away with time.

RaptorChrist said:
I don't understand why a wheel can't work for both console and PC, especially given it's cost.

Anyways, I bought Thumper and played through the first three levels. I'd read online that the game is very difficult for a rhythm game, but so far I haven't had any trouble. I tend to excel at rhythm games, so it's reassuring to me that having not played one in some time hasn't caused me to suck at them.

I still get a bit of nausea when playing VR for more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time, which is unfortunate. I'm hoping that goes away with time.

Some work, some not... but usually and adapter/conversor will solve the issue

RaptorChrist said:

It’s usually just some strange licensing issues and general money grabbing...I totally agree. Fortunately adapters are there to solve the issue. It still sucks.