By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation VR Deals starting at $199.99 (GT Sport + camera) (US only)

Errorist76 said:

That’s why this thread is about it available for 199,-. Imho 200-250 for the experience you’re getting is more than worth it. This GTS deal is a steal. 

This is the freaking truth. Basically getting PSVR for $139.99. 

I hope Sony will be able to keep these sales going throughout the year, and find a permenent price point of $199.99 or even $149.99 for the Headset and Camera base bundle. 

You and I know software support is great, but I think they need to get a few more heavy hitting PSVR compatible titles or exclusives. Even though I have played many games in VR that are much better than RE7, nothing is getting the recognition it has due to the name. Hopefully, GDC, E3, TGS, and Whatever EU show they do this year will have a few AAA PSVR announcements. I know the day GTA and COD go VR that VR will go mainstream like gaming never has before, just gonna be a bit of a wait.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

That’s why this thread is about it available for 199,-. Imho 200-250 for the experience you’re getting is more than worth it. This GTS deal is a steal. 

Tbh I don’t get your first sentence. I and many others always state how soon you forget the low resolution in most games because you indeed DO get the feeling of being present in another world. 

Yes, 200 is an extremely important price point. Still not enough for impulse buyers, but at least we can see that Sony is committed to lower costs. I actually think that the standalone 200 dollar PSVR can be a better deal than the GTS bundle since you're getting the new version with HDR passthrough. Since it still is an enthusiast-level device, it's reasonable to assume people would have it, a PS4 and an HDR TV.

About my first sentence, what I mean is that the current headsets still have a FOV much lower than our vision, The resolution is also low. Maybe even 4K wouldn't be enough since the screen is too close. They give you a much increased immersion, but it still isn't something that could pass as the real thing. We are a few years, maybe a decade, from a really convincing VR device that addresses these issues. For now, we have to use simply the "good-enough" tech. That's why price is important. You can't charge a premium price for something that is just barely enough.

torok said:
Errorist76 said:

Tbh I don’t get your first sentence. I and many others always state how soon you forget the low resolution in most games because you indeed DO get the feeling of being present in another world. 

Yes, 200 is an extremely important price point. Still not enough for impulse buyers, but at least we can see that Sony is committed to lower costs. I actually think that the standalone 200 dollar PSVR can be a better deal than the GTS bundle since you're getting the new version with HDR passthrough. Since it still is an enthusiast-level device, it's reasonable to assume people would have it, a PS4 and an HDR TV.

About my first sentence, what I mean is that the current headsets still have a FOV much lower than our vision, The resolution is also low. Maybe even 4K wouldn't be enough since the screen is too close. They give you a much increased immersion, but it still isn't something that could pass as the real thing. We are a few years, maybe a decade, from a really convincing VR device that addresses these issues. For now, we have to use simply the "good-enough" tech. That's why price is important. You can't charge a premium price for something that is just barely enough.

When watching 3D movies on the full size on PSVR I can see the pixels when I pay attention but usually I don't notice them when I'm enjoying the movie, also I basically lose the side of the image since for me the borders are almost about the limit of my vision...

And when I switch to gaming both constraints aren't noticed by me. The low resolution on the games I played were more due to the capacity of PS4 generating the graphic than the VR showing them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kerotan said:
Great to see psvr at such a cheap price

Price finally matched the quality.

KBG29 said:
Errorist76 said:

This is the freaking truth. Basically getting PSVR for $139.99. 

I hope Sony will be able to keep these sales going throughout the year, and find a permenent price point of $199.99 or even $149.99 for the Headset and Camera base bundle. 

You and I know software support is great, but I think they need to get a few more heavy hitting PSVR compatible titles or exclusives. Even though I have played many games in VR that are much better than RE7, nothing is getting the recognition it has due to the name. Hopefully, GDC, E3, TGS, and Whatever EU show they do this year will have a few AAA PSVR announcements. I know the day GTA and COD go VR that VR will go mainstream like gaming never has before, just gonna be a bit of a wait.

Apex Construct is a really cool game by ex DICE developers, which just came out. MOSS next week will be big imho...it’s the perfect game to lure ‚casuals’ in. The launch trailer is looking beautiful and the demo already felt like one of the most impressive VR experiences ever. Magical game.

lovering the price in tandem with the actual release flood makes a lot of sense and I sure hope it draws more people in. 

Im sure Sony will continue do sales like that over the year. 200,- is definitely a border which really makes it an attractive offer, especially when it’s even bundled.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Kerotan said:
Great to see psvr at such a cheap price

Price finally matched the quality.

Not sure you are being serious...

Lot better and pricier to make than a lot of TVs that retail for more. Cost of components alone were probably over 300 when they launched it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
vivster said:
If only there was anyone who could tell me why VR is so great to convince me to buy it.

Our very poor and easily to anger  mods got rid of him =p (joking)

At least someone got it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Our very poor and easily to anger  mods got rid of him =p (joking)

At least someone got it.

He wasn't the only one ... well played

Does the $349 bundle have the newest version of the headset and is anyone interested in buying an extra camera if I bite on this deal?

The_Yoda said:
Does the $349 bundle have the newest version of the headset and is anyone interested in buying an extra camera if I bite on this deal?

The Skyrim bundle at 349,- is the new headset, yeah. Already got a cam, thx. 

Btw everybody....there are huge sales on PSVR titles in the US PSN store atm!