By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation VR Deals starting at $199.99 (GT Sport + camera) (US only)

vivster said:
If only there was anyone who could tell me why VR is so great to convince me to buy it.

I got my brother the gt sport vr bundle for Christmas. He loves it! His first race he discovered he could look around inside the car as if he was actually driving it. He looked to his right and saw an opponent racer right beside him. It was that moment he knew VR was amazing. His opinion also made me wish I had it lol 

Around the Network
vivster said:
If only there was anyone who could tell me why VR is so great to convince me to buy it.

Eh, it is probably for the best if you waited for software that is worth the hassle.
Oh, and hardware that is worth owning.

caffeinade said:
vivster said:

Eh, it is probably for the best if you waited for software that is worth the hassle.

So you’re saying he should own one now?!

vivster said:

Everyone has been trying for months so I don’t know if you’re serious or just trolling.

Lets just say it makes a world of a difference if you’re just playing a game or actually are IN the game.

Errorist76 said:
caffeinade said:

So you’re saying he should own one now?!

Well, there is no good 2x4k HMD and no good open world game yet, so not now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

PS VR + GT sport and camera at gamestop and bestbuy for 199$ now
https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/accessories/playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle/155880

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle/6129418.p?skuId=6129418&ref=199&loc=hL3Qp0zRBOc&acampID=1&siteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-xIKaff3wPzJxuZzGSwVz1w

vivster said:

I might not sound convincing but I can promise you one thing. Gaming in VR is absolutely an all around astounding experience. Add that to RezEv7 and you'll never look at gaming the same again. 

Let me put it this way. Think of the baddest...scariest...most intimidating character you've faced in any game ever.... the smallest most least relevant minor character in Farpoint is a spider. That spider will have your literally jumping back in pure shock EVERYTIME you encounter it.

Now take that idea and imagine playing against zombies and ghost that make you feel like you're actually in the same room as them. I'm telling you...it is fcccking terrifying...and I'm 33 years old.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Oculus and HTC should create more affordable models. Right now, none of the VR headsets can provide an experience that really convinces you that it's real and not just a low-res screen with limited FOV on your face. They are good enough to be fun, but they still are limited first gen VR devices.

Even with all these limitations, the experience still is pretty cool. But people won sink 500 bucks on devices that may end up abandoned in a few years. VR must be cheap enough so people think "ah, whatever, I'm giving it a go". Better prices and a constant flux of quality software. That's the thing saving VR. It's also extremely important to have demo units for people to try it. Unlike regular games, showing footage on TV ads isn't really helping sell VR.

vivster said:

Our very poor and easily to anger  mods got rid of him =p (joking)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

torok said:
Oculus and HTC should create more affordable models. Right now, none of the VR headsets can provide an experience that really convinces you that it's real and not just a low-res screen with limited FOV on your face. They are good enough to be fun, but they still are limited first gen VR devices.

Even with all these limitations, the experience still is pretty cool. But people won sink 500 bucks on devices that may end up abandoned in a few years. VR must be cheap enough so people think "ah, whatever, I'm giving it a go". Better prices and a constant flux of quality software. That's the thing saving VR. It's also extremely important to have demo units for people to try it. Unlike regular games, showing footage on TV ads isn't really helping sell VR.

That’s why this thread is about it available for 199,-. Imho 200-250 for the experience you’re getting is more than worth it. This GTS deal is a steal. 

Tbh I don’t get your first sentence. I and many others always state how soon you forget the low resolution in most games because you indeed DO get the feeling of being present in another world.