100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW sold more in Germany in its first week than MH4U did in its first year

From resetera 

"BIU award show MHW > 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of sales. 

This continues the growing trend of a big over performance for the series in EU relative to the 3DS entry, MH4U.

UK opening was estimated to be 3x as much and Spain was more than 2x"

Just further highlights the incredible growth of the series in europe and this doesn't even include digital. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

From resetera 

"BIU award show MHW > 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of sales. 

This continues the growing trend of a big over performance for the series in EU relative to the 3DS entry, MH4U.

UK opening was estimated to be 3x as much and Spain was more than 2x"

Just further highlights the incredible growth of the series in europe and this doesn't even include digital. 

Very impressive!
Congratulations and good work @ Sony/Capcom. The worldwide Monster Hunter Games-conclusion:
# Best ratings of all MH-Games
# best sales figures ever
# best graphics of all MH games

And the PS4 sales figures are very strong, especially in japan. Now, i'm especially looking forward to the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 13 February 2018

Not surprising. Europe is Sonyland by any means, being on PS4 clearly helped. That doesn't mean that the entry itself isn't doing well - it does and that is great. And whatever the explanation, this is a great achievement.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Uk is Sony land. Let's see if it does better in Japan?

Pinkie_pie said:

Doesn't need to do better in Japan. They have succeeded in making the game sell extremely well in the West.

I want to see what a switch my can do (or multiplatform) with the marketing budget as mhw

Around the Network

I mean over 6 million copies vs what? 2-3 million in Japan only for the other entries is a huge improvement,and the game is likely to sell another couple million copies as well

mM

Well that's not surprising considering MHW outshipped MH4U in it's first week globally. (MH4U sold 4.2m)

Only MH games left above world are MH:X (3DS+Switch) which sits at 6.45m and MH:F2 (PSP) which sold 6.2m. So yeah World is easily going to be the best selling title in the series.

Edit: MH:F2 didn't sell 6.2m, that figure was combining MH:F2 (2.4m) and MH:FU (3.8m). So MH:X is the only one left.

Last edited by Barkley - on 13 February 2018

Amazing, Sony has made this series big in the west!

Ka-pi96 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

umm... read the title again. It says "Germany"

Everybody knows Germany is part of the UK since WWII.

I know... my English sucks.

Dr.Vita said:
Amazing, Sony has made this series big in the west!

No they didnt