100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW sold more in Germany in its first week than MH4U did in its first year

Kyuu said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If you want me to respond and/or have a discourse with you... do it respectfully. If not, I simply won't respond anymore.

Oh, you're sensitive. I'm not interested in your response so feel free to ignore me.

"Sounds Silly" is now the most grevious of insults, how dare you!

You deserve a good public flogging.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Dr.Vita said:
Amazing, Sony has made this series big in the west!

No... Capcom did... lmao what are you on

Well Sony did announce and advertise it during their press conference, so that surely helped.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

AlfredoTurkey said:
pastro243 said:

Then any game on ps4 should sell this well? 

Any game worth a damn, sure. 

So MH games in 3ds were failures considering it has a userbase way bigger than ps4 will ever have there? 

Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

Well that's not surprising considering MHW outshipped MH4U in it's first week globally. (MH4U sold 4.2m)

Only MH games left above world are MH:X (3DS+Switch) which sits at 6.45m and MH:F2 (PSP) which sold 6.2m. So yeah World is easily going to be the best selling title in the series.

Not bad for a "spinoff"

The developers said, it is not a spinoff.  You could consider it a sequel/reboot; similar to the new God of War

Pinkie_pie said:
Uk is Sony land. Let's see if it does better in Japan?

Well, the numbers are pretty close there. Even if it fails to set a franchise record, it will be massively offset by the fact that the game now sells on the west too. It will be the most successful MH game ever by a fair margin.