By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter World ships 6m!

AsGryffynn said:
VGPolyglot said:
I wish they did a breakdown of the shipments by console.

If other numbers are anything to go by, PS4 did 5 million and XBO 1 million... 

That's pretty much best case scenario for x1, this game is almost a ps4 exclusive, like FF XV and MGS V.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:
People who doubted the first shipment saying the channels might have been stuffed need to eat their crow.

Ps4 and xbox players are lapping this up. Pc players will provide the icing on top of the cake.

Are you sure about that?.

That's assuming the port job is of excellent quality, and millions of players have all decided to wait 7-9 months for the port job. Meanwhile Dauntless is available for access, as well as other titles that are relatable to MHW. 

Yes I'm sure about that. Are you doubting the Capgods?

The port will be good and pc players will lap it up. Just like they did with the late port of gta v. 10m is a lock.

Capcom continue to overship. 5.999.9999 copies sitting on shelves collecting dust.
This is well on its way to become a terrible failure, by not passing a 3DS MH game in sales.
That's what they get for betraying 3DS/Switch.

Barozi said:
kazuyamishima said:

But SFV shipped or sold  more than 2.5 millions units.

OP: MHW will be the best selling MH game.

Capcom expected 2m shipped at launch, which was 2 years ago. Compared to the Street Fighter IV series of games, it's doing way worse.
Also your numbers are wrong. Last info we has is that is has exceeded 2m and is approaching 2.5m (probably shipped).
Tekken 7 has already surpassed it in half a year btw.

SFV was close to 2.5 million as of December 2017: http://twinfinite.net/2017/12/street-fighter-v-sales-copies/
Probably passed that by now with the re-release (Arcade Edition).

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 February 2018

Pinkie_pie said:
overshipped

Probably not. It's anecdotal to the company I work for, but we've been out of physical copies since the 26th across all of our locations. Any copies that come in are gone within a day or two. If it's any indication for other national and international chains, then sell-through is going to be rather close to the shipped number. Plus, we already know that breakdown is about 30% digital, which counts as both shipped and sold. That means a minimum of 1.8m sales just from digital.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Mar1217 said:
Now, let's see how these numbers will evolve for the next months or if we'll actually get some breakdown of these numbers between regions ... And I mean sold through numbers :3

Anyway, congrats to Capcom for their success.

We know digital is 30% from a previous update, and digital doesn't "ship" unless it's sold. That's a minimum of 1.8m units. If you want to assume 30% of the physical copies still sit on store shelves (an absurd notion if you've tried to look for it), that would still put the game at over 4m units.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:
People who doubted the first shipment saying the channels might have been stuffed need to eat their crow.

Ps4 and xbox players are lapping this up. Pc players will provide the icing on top of the cake.

Are you sure about that?.

That's assuming the port job is of excellent quality, and millions of players have all decided to wait 7-9 months for the port job. Meanwhile Dauntless is available for access, as well as other titles that are relatable to MHW. 

Still haven't tried Dauntless. Is there a way to try it for free, or is it Free to Play?

I would also say that as long as the port is acceptable, World will have decent numbers on PC. A number of my PC friends are patiently waiting for the PC version.

Last edited by Azuren - on 09 February 2018

This game really needs a feature where you can change the look of your armour to look like one of the other sets of your choice. FF14 done it, you basically keep the stats of the main armour you’re wearing but you could use a “glamour prism” on it and then you choose it to look like another price of armour as long as you owned it.

It’s better because not only do people prefer the look of earlier weaker armour sets to the later stronger ones it also keeps everybody just looking the same as they’re all wearing the same gear because they have the best stats.

I’ve noticed people on twitter asking the MH account to add this feature, I hope they listen.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
This game really needs a feature where you can change the look of your armour to look like one of the other sets of your choice. FF14 done it, you basically keep the stats of the main armour you’re wearing but you could use a “glamour prism” on it and then you choose it to look like another price of armour as long as you owned it.

It’s better because not only do people prefer the look of earlier weaker armour sets to the later stronger ones it also keeps everybody just looking the same as they’re all wearing the same gear because they have the best stats.

I’ve noticed people on twitter asking the MH account to add this feature, I hope they listen.

As much as I like that feature in other games, Monster Hunter's sole form of progression is gear. I would prefer they show what you have, with the exception being "show helmet" or "hide helmet" since some would like to see the face they've crafted. Showing leather armor when you have Xeno armor would be a disservice to those trying to gauge each other, since looking at what they're actually wearing is a hassle.

dx11332sega said:
I can't read it .

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180209.html

And its stil sold out here & there.
Its not overshipped at 6m.

Intresting to see how high it can go though.