By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter World ships 6m!

JRPGfan said:

I only remembered the name of it, because he mentioned it before.
I again went to watch a trailer and was like "thats it?", then looked at release date,.... it still doesnt have one.
it just says ~Q2 of 2018.

Also I think your right, MHW isnt loseing any sales to dauntless.

People won't buy both now?.

I remember posting a thread on the game and it clearly didn't interest people on here, so it's natural to expect a very, very low opinion of it (especially when it's obvious with FN threads in talks of PuB).



Around the Network

Amazing, this monster just can't stop hunting the world! ;)



Heavenly_King said:
dx11332sega said:
I can't read it .

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180209.html

Thanks . How did you turn the text into english?



I game on all consoles and PC

Azuren said:

Still haven't tried Dauntless. Is there a way to try it for free, or is it Free to Play?

 

I would also say that as long as the port is acceptable, World will have decent numbers on PC. A number of my PC friends are patiently waiting for the PC version.

It's being tested by a number of people that backed them during their crowdfunding. It's currently in it's closed beta phase, but will be open to the open beta stage sometime in the coming months. 

You can sign up for the closed beta here and become a founder: https://playdauntless.com/

Their roadmap: https://trello.com/b/6gfIQvwi/dauntless-roadmap

 

At this time, entering the closed beta and becoming a founder means you will be buying the game in order to support the devs, but the game is slated to become F2P during Q2 (originally Q1, but was pushed back). 

As for their stance on their F2P model:

“We want to bring Dauntless to as many people as we can and to hold ourselves to a high standard for keeping the game vital and operational for years to come. And F2P is the best way to do that!. We are firmly against pay to win and are not planning to allow the purchasing of materials. We are currently mainly focused on cosmetics.”

https://www.pcgamer.com/dauntless-is-getting-rid-of-loot-boxes/

They are basically going with Warframe's model.

 

I am waiting for the PC port, but if it's bare bones and requires a lot of patching, while suffering network difficulties, then I'll likely be sticking with Dauntless and then waiting for a deep discount on MHW, if that turns out to be the case. if not, I can still play with both.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
JRPGfan said:

I only remembered the name of it, because he mentioned it before.
I again went to watch a trailer and was like "thats it?", then looked at release date,.... it still doesnt have one.
it just says ~Q2 of 2018.

Also I think your right, MHW isnt loseing any sales to dauntless.

Yeah, I get the feeling that the whole Dauntless following is just wishful thinking tbh. I just don't see it eating into that market at all. It's kind of like the "me too!" MH game for the PC market ... but there's already a shit ton of better games on PC and when MH world comes out people will just play that. 

I actually did care about Dauntless around the time of E3 or maybe a few months after it ... had to be reminded of it though. I was eager to play it after I saw someone cover it, then  I saw it wasn't on steam, then I also saw you had to sign up for it ... and I just didn't care enough. It's always been a side attraction I think, the moment Capcom decided to put MH World on PC it was pretty much done for.

It's super forgettable, has a forgettable name, and it's just not interesting. Eh. 

You don't see it that way because you think the market will only eat up one game and nothing else. FN is on PC as well as PuB and people are playing both on that platform for one example. There are games akin to Minecraft and people are playing all of those variants on PC as well.

You think of it as a "me too", yet Stardew Valley was basically playing that fiddle and it sold very well and gained popularity as a result. PuB played the "me too" game when there was already H1Z1, DayZ and other BR style games out there as well, that also gained popularity as a result. 

You don't care, and a s a result, you don't think it will do good, but that has no bearing on the game in general.

Everyone here, save for two of us didn't care for Quake Champions, which originally required you to download and use Bethesda's client. The game is now on Steam and people are still playing it during it's early access phase.

 

You may think it's not interesting and utter tripe, but thousands of others think differently, myself included, so there is that difference to chalk up at the end of the day. (and just to make another point, what you think is tripe, will be interesting to someone else. What you like, I could find as garbage. we all have different preferences).



Around the Network
Chazore said:
Azuren said:

Still haven't tried Dauntless. Is there a way to try it for free, or is it Free to Play?

 

I would also say that as long as the port is acceptable, World will have decent numbers on PC. A number of my PC friends are patiently waiting for the PC version.

It's being tested by a number of people that backed them during their crowdfunding. It's currently in it's closed beta phase, but will be open to the open beta stage sometime in the coming months. 

You can sign up for the closed beta here and become a founder: https://playdauntless.com/

Their roadmap: https://trello.com/b/6gfIQvwi/dauntless-roadmap

 

At this time, entering the closed beta and becoming a founder means you will be buying the game in order to support the devs, but the game is slated to become F2P during Q2 (originally Q1, but was pushed back). 

As for their stance on their F2P model:

“We want to bring Dauntless to as many people as we can and to hold ourselves to a high standard for keeping the game vital and operational for years to come. And F2P is the best way to do that!. We are firmly against pay to win and are not planning to allow the purchasing of materials. We are currently mainly focused on cosmetics.”

https://www.pcgamer.com/dauntless-is-getting-rid-of-loot-boxes/

They are basically going with Warframe's model.

 

I am waiting for the PC port, but if it's bare bones and requires a lot of patching, while suffering network difficulties, then I'll likely be sticking with Dauntless and then waiting for a deep discount on MHW, if that turns out to be the case. if not, I can still play with both.

If it's using a Warframe business model, I'm not sure I'll be interested. I'll try it during the open beta, but it will have to be impressive to pull me away from World.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

If it's using a Warframe business model, I'm not sure I'll be interested. I'll try it during the open beta, but it will have to be impressive to pull me away from World.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm also waiting for the open beta phase myself, as I'm already testing Forged Battalion for Petroglyph/Team 17 atm and offering them feedback. Once Dauntlesshits open beta, I'll hop onto that and offer them feedback then.

I honestly don't expect anyone here, who's very much into MHW to bat an eye at at another MH type game tbh (we've already seen a response from someone who doesn't care for it already for one such example).

 

I've played and have been interested in MH for years, but I'm not loyal to the franchise, so if Dauntless arrives before MHW, I'll be giving them the time of day. If MHW gives us a stellar premium PC port job, then I'll be giving that some time to play as well. if not, then Dauntless will gain my full attention instead,. 



Chazore said:
Azuren said:

If it's using a Warframe business model, I'm not sure I'll be interested. I'll try it during the open beta, but it will have to be impressive to pull me away from World.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm also waiting for the open beta phase myself, as I'm already testing Forged Battalion for Petroglyph/Team 17 atm and offering them feedback. Once Dauntlesshits open beta, I'll hop onto that and offer them feedback then.

I honestly don't expect anyone here, who's very much into MHW to bat an eye at at another MH type game tbh (we've already seen a response from someone who doesn't care for it already for one such example).

 

I've played and have been interested in MH for years, but I'm not loyal to the franchise, so if Dauntless arrives before MHW, I'll be giving them the time of day. If MHW gives us a stellar premium PC port job, then I'll be giving that some time to play as well. if not, then Dauntless will gain my full attention instead,. 

Well, I don't expect to be as into it as you would. I've tried MH clones in the past, and they're all subpar in comparison. I'll give it a try, but World came first and has priority now.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'm glad that a capcom game is doing this well. Hopefully, they learn from this so their future titles do as well. I just picked this game up yesterday.



Aeolus451 said:
I'm glad that a capcom game is doing this well. Hopefully, they learn from this so their future titles do as well. I just picked this game up yesterday.

How is it for you?



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website