By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter World ships 6m!

Chazore said:
Azuren said:

If it's using a Warframe business model, I'm not sure I'll be interested. I'll try it during the open beta, but it will have to be impressive to pull me away from World.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm also waiting for the open beta phase myself, as I'm already testing Forged Battalion for Petroglyph/Team 17 atm and offering them feedback. Once Dauntlesshits open beta, I'll hop onto that and offer them feedback then.

I honestly don't expect anyone here, who's very much into MHW to bat an eye at at another MH type game tbh (we've already seen a response from someone who doesn't care for it already for one such example).

I've played and have been interested in MH for years, but I'm not loyal to the franchise, so if Dauntless arrives before MHW, I'll be giving them the time of day. If MHW gives us a stellar premium PC port job, then I'll be giving that some time to play as well. if not, then Dauntless will gain my full attention instead,. 

Well, I don't expect to be as into it as you would. I've tried MH clones in the past, and they're all subpar in comparison. I'll give it a try, but World came first and has priority now.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I'm glad that a capcom game is doing this well. Hopefully, they learn from this so their future titles do as well. I just picked this game up yesterday.

Aeolus451 said:
I'm glad that a capcom game is doing this well. Hopefully, they learn from this so their future titles do as well. I just picked this game up yesterday.

How is it for you?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
Aeolus451 said:

How is it for you?

About to play it today. I bought it last night and I didn't want to risk staying up all night. I'll reply to ya again to let ya know.

Theres so much game in this game its unreal. Theres easily 100+ hours of content and then if you're still hooked you cna go for another 100+ hours on the endgame wich is quite fun. Its rare to see a game these days that don't cut out content left and right to sell as DLCs and microtransactions, not only this they are gona give use free DLCs, it feels like Capcom took a leaf out of CD Projekt Red.

This game deserves every copy sold.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
People who doubted the first shipment saying the channels might have been stuffed need to eat their crow.

Ps4 and xbox players are lapping this up. Pc players will provide the icing on top of the cake.

Nah, not really. Would be surprised if Xbox copies come even close to significance

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Kerotan said:
People who doubted the first shipment saying the channels might have been stuffed need to eat their crow.

Ps4 and xbox players are lapping this up. Pc players will provide the icing on top of the cake.

Nah, not really. Would be surprised if Xbox copies come even close to significance

Xbox numbers will be dwarfed by ps4 but it will still sells 1-2m on xbox so thats definitely relevant. 

VGPolyglot said:
I wish they did a breakdown of the shipments by console.

MHW is PS4 exclusive in Japan and it sold just under 1.6 million physical copies. Assuming it has a 10% digital attachment rate, it will bring total Japanese sales to about 1.75 million. However, considering that we're talking about shipments, not sold-through numbers, Japanese shipments may be up to 2 million.

For the sake of the argument, let's just say MHW shipped 1.75 million in Japan. That leaves 4.25 million for the rest of the world. We know that the platform split was 72% PS4 and 38% in the UK for the first week. We know that platform splits for Japanese games and JRPGs heavily skew towards the PS4 in continental Europe and MHW is also PS4 exclusive in Asia. The best scenario for the XB1 in the WW - Japan platform splits, in my opinion, is 80% PS4 and 20% XB1. That would put the XB1 version shipments at 0.85 million.

Pinkie_pie said:
overshipped

Try to refrain from making one word comments. If you think it's overshipped, state your reasons why you think MHW is overshipped.

StokedUp said:
Aeolus451 said:

How is it for you?

So far it's pretty cool and a little intimidating with how much stuff there is to figure out. I'm still playing around with the weapons.