By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and Illumination officially announce a Mario movie, co-produced by Miyamoto

This is not going to end well. Mario will not make a good character within a movie environment.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
If nothing else, at the very least, they NEED to keep Charles Martinet as Mario. (And Luigi, Wario, and/or Waluigi, whoever shows up who is voiced by Martinet.) Not so much because Mr. Martinet is so great or anything like that, but to me, he IS Mario. And Mario is him. If they casted anyone but him, the movie is doomed to fail. Charles or bust.

You think a middle aged plumber from New York city should sound like Mickey Mouse on helium? Ever since NOJ decided to give him that voice, it's always sounded ridiculous to me. What, are we suppose to believe that traveling through another dimension turned his voice into a demented Mickey Mouse? It makes no fucking sense at all and insults my intelligence.

I loved Dispicable Me as a kid. Wasn't interested in their other projects though, including the sequels.

Better have do the Mario dance!

AlfredoTurkey said:
This is not going to end well. Mario will not make a good character within a movie environment.

If a animated movie about Legos can work, Mario could work too, they just have to get a decent script. 

Around the Network

Told my son about this. He's crazy excited. He loves Mario. I haven't had a chance to touch my Switch since Mario Odyssey came out. xP

I'm rather skeptical as I have yet to see a good movie adaption from a video game. I guess Tomb Raider was alright and Silent Hill was almost ok. But other than that? Meh.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Told my son about this. He's crazy excited. He loves Mario. I haven't had a chance to touch my Switch since Mario Odyssey came out. xP

I'm rather skeptical as I have yet to see a good movie adaption from a video game. I guess Tomb Raider was alright and Silent Hill was almost ok. But other than that? Meh.

Street Fighter Assasins Fist on Blu Ray is flat out excellent. Dragon Age Dawn of the Seeker is pretty good.

Aslo there is a lot of anime films pretty good based on games. but too many to name.

AlfredoTurkey said:
PAOerfulone said:
If nothing else, at the very least, they NEED to keep Charles Martinet as Mario. (And Luigi, Wario, and/or Waluigi, whoever shows up who is voiced by Martinet.) Not so much because Mr. Martinet is so great or anything like that, but to me, he IS Mario. And Mario is him. If they casted anyone but him, the movie is doomed to fail. Charles or bust.

You think a middle aged plumber from New York city should sound like Mickey Mouse on helium? Ever since NOJ decided to give him that voice, it's always sounded ridiculous to me. What, are we suppose to believe that traveling through another dimension turned his voice into a demented Mickey Mouse? It makes no fucking sense at all and insults my intelligence.

We're talking about an Italian Plumber who eats mushrooms to double in size and gets powers from a flower that lets him shoot fireballs from his hands so he can travel through a fictional dimension to rescue a princess from a giant turtle with spikes on his shell who breathes fire. NOTHING about it makes sense.  Especially after Odyssey, where he was in a realistic looking city with realistically proportioned humans. Yet, last I checked, Odyssey was universally acclaimed and is fast on track to become one of the best selling Mario games ever.

It was never a problem before, why is it suddenly a problem now?

Good script. That's it really. Illumination are more than capable when it comes to tech/artistic side, whether someone personally likes their stories or not is different topic altogether. ( I really liked Despicable Me 1, Minions and Lorax were fine)

Meh, I don't see anything being movie worthy here unless it will be a full on kids movie.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.