By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo online subscription to start in September.

Sweet, that gives me more time to eventually get into Spla2n and enjoy the free online while it lasts.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

So that's it then. Come September I will finally be paying to play games I already paid for in full. I can't escape it any longer, Splatoon/Mario Kart/Pokemon/etc. are too worth. Atleast it's cheaper compared to the competitors, but I haven't even paid yet and I already feel cheated lel. Welp all we can do now is hope the paid service comes with improvements to online gameplay across the board as well as dedicated servers, though I have to doubt it.

twintail said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So that's it then. Come September I will finally be paying to play games I already paid for in full. I can't escape it any longer, Splatoon/Mario Kart/Pokemon/etc. are too worth. Atleast it's cheaper compared to the competitors, but I haven't even paid yet and I already feel cheated lel. Welp all we can do now is hope the paid service comes with improvements to online gameplay across the board as well as dedicated servers, though I have to doubt it.

You can. You are just choosing not to.

Technically yes, realistically no.

as long as its faster and runs better than what we pay for with PSN, then yes please

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Wasn't it talk about a cost of around $20 a year? I mean, sure free is better, but if that price is a problem for you then you probably shouldn't be wasting money on video games anyway. I'm hoping for it to include the rumored VC-"streaming".

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
They also said they will talk about it later in the year. *cough* E3 *cough*

Hardly they will talk about online system at E3, most likly they will talk about that in Nintendo Direct.

I expecting that they will launch Smash Bros in September also.

Miyamotoo said:
xMetroid said:
They also said they will talk about it later in the year. *cough* E3 *cough*

Hardly they will talk about online system at E3, most likly they will talk about that in Nintendo Direct.

It might depend on what 'grand' vision they have on online. Let's say they show off Smash Wii U for the subscription users only. Something like that could be announced at E3.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Miyamotoo said:

It might depend on what 'grand' vision they have on online. Let's say they show off Smash Wii U for the subscription users only. Something like that could be announced at E3.

I dont think that would be case, probably they will just release another huge online game with online luanch that will make people easier to go with online subscription. I don't see they talking about online details at E3 (they will use Direct for that), but is possible they will show that game at E3 (most likly Smash Bros).

Should have sneaked it in maybe June/July normally September is where they entice gamers and retailers with their Christmas run-up information, price drops, new sku's, bundles etc. I'm thinking maybe they will announce a price drop for the console at the same time or something else to take the negative impact out of the online charge. I mainly have xbox live gold and psn plus for the free games. I'm more interested in offline gaming and this is even more the case with Nintendo for me anyway. I guess I could be interested in mario kart online gaming with decent connection and no cheating players but even mario kart I was more into going through the game and unlocking it offline than online. I think I'm right in saying all other portable gaming systems online is free, android, ios, windows tablets, vita and 3DS. So this is something new to the market for portable gaming. I would of preferred something like an online pass included with new games that is locked to the console it is applied to and then people buying the game secondhand had to buy the pass again if they wanted online. This puts more of a the charge onto heavier online users and less on those who only occasionally play online maybe only for 1 or 2 games plus gives Nintendo a second income through secondhand sales. Maybe something like 6 months online for that game of $5 and an extension to that for another six months of only $2.