By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo online subscription to start in September.

cycycychris said:
Medisti said:

Why exactly should it be free? Servers aren't free to maintain.

Some services should be paid. Having the ability to have cloud save is something that is a premium. But the ability to simply play online is not. It has never been until they saw that its nothing but bucket loads of money for something that cost minimal to run. Not to mention third parties run server for tons of games but never get a dime, its just pure profit

I'm sure backing up a few hundred save games per user in online storage is much less expensive than keeping the online game servers of several hundred games running 24/7.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hardly they will talk about online system at E3, most likly they will talk about that in Nintendo Direct.

It might depend on what 'grand' vision they have on online. Let's say they show off Smash Wii U for the subscription users only. Something like that could be announced at E3.

Well they said they are preparing something big and he want people to be excited. Nintendo never literally aks people to be hype about something so it might be interesting.

For sure we will see it at E3 with Smash. They are pushing eSport and a online paid service, no way smash isnt going to be there.

as long as whoever handles the security doesn't randomly ban my ip address 2 weeks after subscribing to the service then telling me to buy a new router to fix the problem like what happen to my with psplus I will be fine

Baddman said:
as long as whoever handles the security doesn't randomly ban my ip address 2 weeks after subscribing to the service then telling me to buy a new router to fix the problem like what happen to my with psplus I will be fine

The ban wasn't random, they hate you.

xMetroid said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

It might depend on what 'grand' vision they have on online. Let's say they show off Smash Wii U for the subscription users only. Something like that could be announced at E3.

Well they said they are preparing something big and he want people to be excited. Nintendo never literally aks people to be hype about something so it might be interesting.

For sure we will see it at E3 with Smash. They are pushing eSport and a online paid service, no way smash isnt going to be there.

If the reveal of smash is indeed at E3, then it wont launch at September.Smash is going to be like Smash 4 in that sense, they will reveal about a year earlier, and market it through the announcement of ne2w charachters every month or so.If smash isnt announced now in february, then its not comming out in September.Thats my take on it anyways.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Conina said:
Baddman said:

The ban wasn't random, they hate you.

Lol Could be a possibility because they made me send my ps4 in for repair only to reject the repair after they received it

NightDragon83 said:
For $20 year + downloadable classic games it's not a bad deal at all considering PSN / XBL are $60/yr, and a Netflix subscription is $120/yr and going up. I just hope the service and especially the mobile app don't completely suck.

Well at least with ps plus we get more then just classic games . Mgsv, just cause 3, deus ex and bstmah telltale in the last 3 months alone . 

Did they just tweet the release date for an online paywall as if it was some kind of positive news event. LOL

Kerotan said:
NightDragon83 said:
For $20 year + downloadable classic games it's not a bad deal at all considering PSN / XBL are $60/yr, and a Netflix subscription is $120/yr and going up. I just hope the service and especially the mobile app don't completely suck.

Well at least with ps plus we get more then just classic games . Mgsv, just cause 3, deus ex and bstmah telltale in the last 3 months alone . 

Well you also pay more for it, so you should technically get more for it.

xMetroid said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Well, they need to have a shiny new game with attractiuve online play to launch their service. So yeah Smash is a good contender. but if it is smash, then they will probably announbced it in a direct before E3 and then show gameplay at E3