By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo online subscription to start in September.

The Nintendo's strategy meeting with investors is happening right now and they just confirm this on Twitter.

EDIT: Apparentely, Nintendo promises "attractive content/programs"...

Last edited by Stuart23 - on 31 January 2018

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

9/11

They also said they will talk about it later in the year. *cough* E3 *cough*

Im guessing Smash Bros Deluxe in September.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

cycycychris said:
hurray, now I get to waste money on a feature that should be free. Welp, this at least means that Nintendo plans to release some type of online concentrated game around this time period.

I mean if it took that long it's probably cause its bringing something to the table. 

Around the Network

And, another nail in the coffin for me. At this point, I'm in the doorway, looking out. Growing up as a kid in the 80's, I've watched the industry go from plug and play to... something else. Whether it's good, bad or somewhere in the middle one thing we can all agree on... it's entirely different. Streaming services, digital distribution, pay-to-play-online, DLC, chopping up games to sell in small chunks down the line, shipping buggy games and using consumers as beta testers, Amiibo.... it doesn't even resemble the industry I fell in love with so long ago. 

To me, it's like a marriage. Sure, you can stick it out. You can pretend that she's still the woman you met. You can push through, trying desperately to hold onto something for the sake of doing so... for the sake of those vows you made decades ago. But you know it and so does she... whatever there was that initially got you into it, it's no longer there. In its place is an imposter. Something different. Something else.

Sorry to get all prose on your guys. But, gaming has been a big part of my life and everything from the companies making and selling them, to the hardware, to the people playing them... it's all changed and what I loved about it is gone.

spurgeonryan said:
Hope that means Devils third switch edition has online longer

Where is my Ivan amiibo Nintendo?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

cycycychris said:
hurray, now I get to waste money on a feature that should be free. Welp, this at least means that Nintendo plans to release some type of online concentrated game around this time period.

Why exactly should it be free? Servers aren't free to maintain.

Medisti said:
cycycychris said:

Why exactly should it be free? Servers aren't free to maintain.

PC gaming has online it for free doesn't it? I can still play Civilization IV online games free of charge.

Honestly the only good thing about this is that it forces Nintendo to make a good online system. Maybe by the end of 9th generation we will have a robust online system.  

I better get my fill of Splatoon 2 before this trial is up. I don;t think I can play online for just one game now.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

And that's when we can expect Smash Bros.