Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Polygon: Microsoft's Current Dilemma With Games

It's probably this...

Microsoft acquires live games platform provider PlayFab

Microsoft has acquired PlayFab, a backend platform provider of services to build, launch, and grow cloud-connected games.

The acquisition of PlayFab will complement Microsoft’s own cloud platform, Microsoft Azure. PlayFab’s backend services are said to reduce the barriers to launch for game developers, offering both large and small studios cost-effective development solutions that scale with their games and help them engage, retain, and monetize players. It is said to enable use of the cloud to build and operate games, analyze gaming data, and improve overall gaming experiences.

PlayFab currently powers more than 1,200 games with companies like Disney, Rovio, and Atari, including Idle Miner Tycoon, Angry Birds: Seasons, and Roller Coaster Tycoon Touch, and is being treated as an important step forward for video games at Microsoft.

Read more about PlayFab here.

Around the Network

It will never happen

Why would you want to buy EA now?
Theyre makeing a mess of things atm.

Valve? nah... doesmt make sense, if its even possible.
PUBG Corp. maybe? Their game did do well on xbox.

These polygon writers are all fucking morons. Holy shit this site is the biggest joke in gaming...

COKTOE said:
Microsoft and EA would be a perfect marriage. Fingers crossed. No sarcasm. That one excites me.

Why though?  FIFA is too big to be made console exclusive, it would hurt sales too much.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Luke888 said:

then they could just put low effort in the PS4/Switch versions of the games, nobody would buy a 360p FIFA that runs at 10 FPS

FIFA probably wouldnt allow it.They would pull the licence out of EA and just give it to another developer.

To be fair though the FIFA licence means very little. It's really just the FIFA name they get from that.

It's the individual league/club licences that are much more important.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 29 January 2018

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

I’m praying MS buys EA to see the carnage unfold. What an upset.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Yeah, this just comes off as a little click-baity. "We heard from this person, who heard from that person, that heard from another person". I'm changing the thread title to better reflect the overall article, as well.

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:
Microsoft and EA would be a perfect marriage. Fingers crossed. No sarcasm. That one excites me.

Why though?  FIFA is too big to be made console exclusive, it would hurt sales too much.

I'm praying for the rise of a black moon.

Chinese food for breakfast

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
These polygon writers are all fucking morons. Holy shit this site is the biggest joke in gaming...

Kotaku is pretty close though

Zelda fans are the worst