By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea Of Thieves is #1 on Twitch

OdinHades said:
I watched about 2 hours of the game. The atmosphere is nice and all, but I wonder what you will be doing all of the time. People were just sailing from one isle to another, fighting the same skeletons all the time, finding a chest here and there and that was pretty much it. Could get boring pretty fast... However, that's just my first impression, I'll wait for the full release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3sVNshqAo

Mentions he planned to play with his friends, but they tried it and all told him it was too boreing, and went to play another game.
He got invited to play with Phil Spencer and took up a session with him. 

"at the end of the day, Im not sure this game is going to be for me" - Rand Al Thor (the man with the million).

"the people I play with on a daily baises, the PUBG players, they have all said "zero intrest" the beta infact did the oppersite, they dont want to play the full release either" - Rand Al Thor.

and look at the youtube comments:

"Looks boring in my opinion."
"
This game should be free to play"
"Rand i played the Alpha and the Beta that game is the worst game in Xbox history"
"It would of been fine if it was 29.99 or 39.99 not alot of content for 60."*
"Why am I watching this? I don't care for this game."
"This game doesnt appeal to me at all. Maybe if there was an actual progression system. There nothing to motivate, even with friends it ill get old quick."
"Boring and I'm not buying it."
"I thought it was boring as hell. You'll probably need to play with your friends every time"
"Cool to see Phil Spencer in your crew"
"No, very repetitive. so not for me."
"Maybe they need to add a battle royal mode ;)"
"Yawn"
"You saying theres alot of interest in this , reminds me of how much Xbox fans are starving to death for content ."
"i gotta be honest ive tried to like this game once too often, and im throwing the towel in with this one."
"Game is trash. Boring as hell xbox and rare need to do better"
"I have no desire to ever load this game up again."
"it isn't for me as well and i don't understand what theyre hiding at this time. "
"Ive played the alpha quite a bit and now the beta, but im really currious whT theyre going to add in the full game"
"It looks fun, but like you said, for how long?"
"For me, I think this game really all depends on content. If this game doesn't have a lot of content, it will be a game I stop playing after a week."
"The game requires friends, otherwise it's way too boring."
"Played beta and this is not for me one bit."

"Looks good, but hunting chests and bringing them back for cosmetics is not enough"

The overwhelming marjoity of comments seem to be negative on it, esp after people have tried the Beta.
Why are people so hyped for this?
I could see it being a No Man's Sky type of deal, where it sells well, then dies after a month, and everyone runs off to play other things afterwards.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
OdinHades said:
I watched about 2 hours of the game. The atmosphere is nice and all, but I wonder what you will be doing all of the time. People were just sailing from one isle to another, fighting the same skeletons all the time, finding a chest here and there and that was pretty much it. Could get boring pretty fast... However, that's just my first impression, I'll wait for the full release.

Mentions he planned to play with his friends, but they tried it and all told him it was too boreing, and went to play another game.

"at the end of the day, Im not sure this game is going to be for me" - Rand Al Thor (the man with the million).

"the people I play with on a daily baises, the PUBG players, they have all said "zero intrest" the beta infact did the oppersite, they dont want to play the full release either" - Rand Al Thor.

"
"Rand i played the Alpha and the Beta that game is the worst game in Xbox history"
"This game doesnt appeal to me at all. Maybe if there was an actual progression system. There nothing to motivate, even with friends it ill get old quick."
"I thought it was boring as hell. You'll probably need to play with your friends every time"
"Yawn"
"You saying theres alot of interest in this , reminds me of how much Xbox fans are starving to death for content ."
"i gotta be honest ive tried to like this game once too often, and im throwing the towel in with this one."
"it isn't for me as well and i don't understand what theyre hiding at this time. "
"Ive played the alpha quite a bit and now the beta, but im really currious whT theyre going to add in the full game"
"For me, I think this game really all depends on content. If this game doesn't have a lot of content, it will be a game I stop playing after a week."

"Looks good, but hunting chests and bringing them back for cosmetics is not enough"

The overwhelming marjoity of comments seem to be negative on it, esp after people have tried the Beta.
I could see it being a No Man's Sky type of deal, where it sells well, then dies after a month, and everyone runs off to play other things afterwards.

That's one guys experience on the beta and some YouTube comments. The Beta has only like 20-30% of the full content so there wasn't a ton.

I enjoyed what I played from the beta. Really forward to the full game.

League of Legends is on twitch for a nearly a decade. SoT/MHW won't have such duration. Most people are trying them but I believe it will fade in a few months after launch.

JRPGfan said:

I could just as easily post a bunch of comments about people saying the complete opposite. It's been said over and over again, this beta is only a portion of what the game will offer at release. It also will continued to have post-content support after launch. It's one of those games you play with friends not by yourself. If your one of those people who like to solo, then you'll likely not have fun. 

What about having islands/cities and shops governed by marines of some sort that if you steal from or attack you will be included in a wanted list and have a bounty on your head? Make it an easier way to get money, weapons or equipment but people will fight you whenever they see you.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
OdinHades said:

"
"Yawn"

So your best counter to the hype of this game is based off 1 Random guy (Who I have no idea who he is) that plays games like PUBG with his PUBG friends aren't interested in a Pirate style MMO? 

Also you Reading YouTube Comments and taking them seriously.

Says "The overwhelming marjoity of comments seem to be negative on it, esp after people have tried the Beta."

Than Says "Why are people so hyped for this?"

Which one is it? You have me confused.

You know how easy it is for me to link you SoT clip off YouTube showcasing many good vibes for the game? And than copy and pasting a bunch of comments on the game off that same channel giving nothing but praise for it? Very easy.