By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea Of Thieves is #1 on Twitch

Carl2291 said:
It looks incredibly fun with friends.

With a custom soundtrack it could be really special.

I love how the game looks, but I can’t imagine it being much fun on your own. I’m sure it’s brilliant in a group, but my PC friends all have kids now and I can’t see them gathering for this kind of game.

More of a single player type anyway. But yeah, finally a promising game for XBox on the Horizon.

Around the Network

When the top Twitch streamers streaming the game, not hard to do. When any top streamer streams any game it shoots to the top 5-10 easily. Black Squad when Shroud plays, gets extremely high

Preston Scott

Mar1217 said:
Nice, but we need to see if that we'll result in sales first

Doubt it because of gamepass.

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

Doubt it because of gamepass.

I'm pretty sure we'll account the sales of Gamepass into the equation even if it won't give us concrete numbers. But I'll take the game sales on it's own first, we don't know how the Gamepass service will end up.

Now that you say it...does this tactical move from MS mean, we also won’t get numbers for game sales anymore in the future?

Nice, I really want Sea of Thieves to be good, looks like it could be so much fun. It will also really be interesting to see how much the gamepass thing has on the sales of this game.

Around the Network

I hope this game become huge success because of one reason. Rare has been unfairly criticized just for not being the Rare of Super Nintendo & N64 era.
Hopefully this game convince people that Rare is still a good developer.

Errorist76 said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm pretty sure we'll account the sales of Gamepass into the equation even if it won't give us concrete numbers. But I'll take the game sales on it's own first, we don't know how the Gamepass service will end up.

Now that you say it...does this tactical move from MS mean, we also won’t get numbers for game sales anymore in the future?

We never got software numbers from Microsoft. They only share first week numbers for Halo if it was huge.

Game looks so good. Watched a few minutes of gameplay on ign earlier. Looked very polished from what I saw.

Let's see how many days it can stay in the top 50. Twitch is rough.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I hope this game become huge success because of one reason. Rare has been unfairly criticized just for not being the Rare of Super Nintendo & N64 era.
Hopefully this game convince people that Rare is still a good developer.

Phil Spencer was hyping up the fact that Gregg Mayles is the lead designer long before the game was unveiled.