By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea Of Thieves is #1 on Twitch

shikamaru317 said:

SoT beat it's record today, made it to 268k at least.

Holly hell thats impressive. I thought this game would flop. Maybe not. Where does 268k viewers rank alltime on twitch.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
shikamaru317 said:

SoT beat it's record today, made it to 268k at least.

Holly hell thats impressive. I thought this game would flop. Maybe not. Where does 268k viewers rank alltime on twitch.

Not terribly high, though nothing to dismiss out of hand either.

shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

It's up to 9th all-time now.

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive- 1.15m
2. League of Legends- 1.08m
3. Dota 2- 845k
4. Destiny 2- 470k
5. PUBG- 449k
6. Overwatch- 439k
7. Hearthstone- 292k
8. Dark Souls 3 -276k
9. Sea of Thieves- 268k

Will definitely pass Dark Souls 3 and Hearthstone eventually I think, after the actual release of the game. Overwatch will be a tough nut to crack though.

Where did you get those numbers?  I want to check the full list out

shikamaru317 said:
Neodegenerate said:

Where did you get those numbers?  I want to check the full list out

https://twitchtracker.com/games

Click on Max viewers twice to sort the list by all-time peak concurrent viewers.

Thanks!

shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

It's up to 9th all-time now.

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive- 1.15m
2. League of Legends- 1.08m
3. Dota 2- 845k
4. Destiny 2- 470k
5. PUBG- 449k
6. Overwatch- 439k
7. Hearthstone- 292k
8. Dark Souls 3 -276k
9. Sea of Thieves- 268k

Will definitely pass Dark Souls 3 and Hearthstone eventually I think, after the actual release of the game. Overwatch will be a tough nut to crack though.

It's  encouraging that the worst selling game on that list is by far dark souls 3. Probably around 6 million sells. Has 2.2 million on steamspy and the publisher announced 3 million shipped after first month of release. Like you said SOT should pass it on twitch. Very impressive. Hopefully the twitch interest translates to sales. I'm hopeful that it can sell 2 million copies on Xbox and I'm not sure how it will do on pc with the whole windows store thing. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

So I was on Twitch and decided to check out a stream of Sea of Thieves.
This is what I saw:

Wow, it's really changed a lot since I last saw it at E3!

Summit was playing SoT earlier and switched to play PUBG.

Edit: Now he's playing H1Z1 lol.

Twitch seems very volatile, #1 constantly changes.

The game looked really nice when they showed it at e3

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I watched about 2 hours of the game. The atmosphere is nice and all, but I wonder what you will be doing all of the time. People were just sailing from one isle to another, fighting the same skeletons all the time, finding a chest here and there and that was pretty much it. Could get boring pretty fast... However, that's just my first impression, I'll wait for the full release.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Curious to see peoples comments in this thread versus the monster hunter world twitch thread.

Is this the new "amazon charts" thread to make. What position a 'new' game is streaming on twitch.