By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Worldwide Xbox One sales dropped below Xbox 360 in 2017

yvanjean said:
CGI-Quality said:

- snip

I expect much greater # then 1.5M  consoles increase compare to 2017. 

Check out the Sea of Thieves Beta, combine with Game pass news and PUBG is a gaming trend setter. It's already at 4 million players on Xbox one.  

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16932186/pubg-xbox-loot-crates-free-battle-points-4-million-players

4 million players on PUBG is significant, but what has it done for Xbox hardware? Unless we're going to start ignoring Amazon, I've not seen a sudden surge in Xbox consoles sold.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Everone knows its not as popular as the 360. Is there going to be one of these threads every month then?

Yes! Isn't that going to be wonderful? Oh and will you able to handle it? :-o

OT : I knew xbox been over track for years now, there's a reason why m$ never release #

It going to take a while to reach 40mil now, maybe till xmas?

CGI-Quality said:
yvanjean said:

I expect much greater # then 1.5M  consoles increase compare to 2017. 

Check out the Sea of Thieves Beta, combine with Game pass news and PUBG is a gaming trend setter. It's already at 4 million players on Xbox one.  

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16932186/pubg-xbox-loot-crates-free-battle-points-4-million-players

4 million players on PUBG is significant, but what has it done for Xbox hardware? Unless we're going to start ignoring Amazon, I've not seen a sudden surge in Xbox consoles sold.

Why are you mentioning Amazon .... they don't show sales numbers. 

PS4 offer 4 version of their consoles compared to Xbox 6+ version of the Xbox one consoles. 

Beside we're not talking about Xbox one outselling PS4 but outselling Prior year Xbox one Sales. 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:
CGI-Quality said:

PS4 offer 4 version of their consoles compared to Xbox compared to 6+ version of the Xbox one consoles. 

Beside we're not talking about Xbox one outselling PS4 but outselling Prior year Xbox one Sales. 

Who does show sales numbers for Xbox? All we have to go on is Amazon US positions. This isn't new.

As for PS4 - I've not made a single comparison to it. I'm talking about Xbox One 2018 vs 2017 (since that's what you were talking about). You expect a 1.5m uptick and I don't see it happening.

CGI-Quality said:
yvanjean said:

PS4 offer 4 version of their consoles compared to Xbox compared to 6+ version of the Xbox one consoles. 

Who does show sales numbers for Xbox? All we have to go on is Amazon US positions. This isn't new.

As for PS4 - I've not made a single comparison to it. I'm talking about Xbox One 2018 vs 2017 (since that's what you were talking about). You expect a 1.5m uptick and I don't see it happening.

Amazon doesn't show sales numbers. How do you know if Amazon consoles sales are up in January compare to last year??? Amazon only show best seller. 

Microsoft also release a new bundle: Xbox One S 500GB Console - 3 Month Live and Game Pass Starter Bundle. That mean they have 8 console bundle vs PS4 4 console bundle. 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
CGI-Quality said:

Amazon doesn't show sales numbers. How do you know if Amazon consoles sales are up in January compare to last year??? Amazon only show best seller. 

Microsoft also release a new bundle: Xbox One S 500GB Console - 3 Month Live and Game Pass Starter Bundle. That mean they have 8 console bundle vs PS4 4 console bundle. 

You still didn’t answer my question. Who shows Xbox’s numbers? Of course Amazon positions are guesses. That wasn’t up for debate. That’s what you and I are doing. Guessing. For Xbox One, that’s all you can do.

As for the bundles, they won’t be up 1.5m this year, regardless of those.

CGI-Quality said:
yvanjean said:

You still didn’t answer my question. Who shows Xbox’s numbers? Of course Amazon positions are guesses. That wasn’t up for debate. That’s what you and I are doing. Guessing. For Xbox One, that’s all you can do.

VGchartz and NPD hence why we're here .... ya it''s way too early to know what's going on. I'm waiting on January data... if XB1 is up year over year it's a good sign of what will happen. If the numbers are flat or lower Year to year it's extremely bad for XB1, I don't see how the numbers could be down. 

You are the one that mention Amazon .... people keep comparing Amazon but it's such a bad matrix to compare Ps4 to Xbox one... because you have all the Xbox one bundles vs Sony that only has a four normally ... 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:
CGI-Quality said:

VGchartz and NPD hence why we're here .... ya it''s way too early to know what's going on. I'm waiting on January data... if XB1 is up year over year it's a good sign of what will happen. If the numbers are flat or lower Year to year it's extremely bad for XB1, I don't see how the numbers could be down. 

You are the one that mention Amazon .... people keep comparing Amazon but it's such a bad matrix to compare Ps4 to Xbox one... because you have all the Xbox one bundles vs Sony that only has a four normally ... 

Amazon would be anecdotal at best, but has favorably coincided with the PS4.  So until VGcChartz and NPD, Amazon is a legitimate source of discussion. 

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 25 January 2018

yvanjean said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm not comparing Xbox to PS4. So I don't see why you continue to. 

I'm looking at Xbox, on its own, and comparing it to itself (2018 vs 2017). I don't see a way that it'll be up YoY. And the numbers could be down for several good reasons. No X launch this year, for starters.

CGI-Quality said:
yvanjean said:

I'm not comparing Xbox to PS4. So I don't see why you continue to. 

I'm looking at Xbox, on its own, and comparing it to itself (2018 vs 2017). I don't see a way that it'll be up YoY. And the numbers could be down for several good reasons. No X launch this year, for starters.

First PUBG & Sea of Thieves is going to boost sales in Q1, Last year the only major release was Halo Wars 2.
4k gaming on Xbox one X
Exclusives 2017 vs 2018 
Game pass announcement
Holiday 2018 vs 2017 (expect price drop & bundle on Xbox one X and Xbox one S for <$199.99)

XB1 2017 release XB1 2018 Release
Halo Wars 2  Sea of Thieves
Cup head  Crack down 3
Tacoma State of Decay 2
Forza 7  Forza Horizon 3
Super Lucky Tails Ori & The will of the Wisps
  Ashen
  Below
  Last night
  Deep Rock Galatic

That's only what we know about, Microsoft could have further surprise for 2018 at E3. 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA