By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo. Which will sell more?

God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo

God of War 4 75 55.15%

Nintendo Labo 55 40.44%

They will sell about the same 4 2.94%

Results 2 1.47%

Total:136
ryuzaki57 said:
Labo will sell way more, especially in the long run. That new GoW doesn't look very exciting tbh...

Really?? it's the first time i'm excited for a God of war game 

Around the Network

God of War - this is going to be one of the biggest games in 2018.
I am expecting huge numbers from this game and it to become the best selling game in the franchise.

loy310 said:
GOD OF WAR, i think GOW outsells Zelda on the switch.

No chance. Zelda on switch going to do more than 10mil.

Dr.Vita said:
God of War - this is going to be one of the biggest games in 2018.
I am expecting huge numbers from this game and it to become the best selling game in the franchise.

Labo will have multiple sku. If its a hit Labo counting all software sku can exceed 20mil (if there is more than 3 or 4). This including it will sustain the market for a minimum of 2years.

If we are counting each sku seperate then GoW has a very good chance obviously

EricFabian said:
The best selling GoW game, God of War 3, fail to sell 5M.

According to VGChartz God of War 3 sold 6.48M (all versions combined + only retail).
That's almost the same as Uncharted 3 which did 6.84M. And now Uncharted 4 is on the way to the 10M+, so why shouldn't God of War PS4 be able to do at least 8M+ with similar improvements to Uncharted from the PS3 era?

tbone51 said:
loy310 said:

God of War has a chance to do that too imo. 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
tbone51 said:

God of War has a chance to do that too imo. 

Thats quite a jump for GoW, not sure why that optimistic about it. Its possible i dont see it. Hell doing 8mil is already crazy and impressive as it is.

With that said im expecting higher for Zelda than 10mil anyway. Thats the floor in sales at this point. BotW for switch is probably at pr close to 7mil already and the game is still charting everywhere despite being a year old (even in the UK it was at number 5 last week)

I have no idea how Labo is going to do. It could explode in popularity, it could underperform, it could crash and burn. No idea.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cardboard is gonna beat God of War. More iterations and versions, plus this gow doesn't even look compelling.

tbone51 said:
loy310 said:

Wait, hold up now. Let me get this Straight. A Legend of Zelda game has never sold more than 7.5 million, and after a year, BOTW is going to have around 5M in sales on Switch. But BOTW is definitely doing more than 10 million yes?

However, because God of War has never sold more than 4.8 million, it's impossible for it to hit 10 million?

Even though there are 60 million more PS4 owners than Switch owners? Are you sure about this?

potato_hamster said:
tbone51 said:

Wait, hold up now. Let me get this Straight. A Legend of Zelda game has never sold more than 7.5 million, and after a year, BOTW is going to have around 5M in sales on Switch. But BOTW is definitely doing more than 10 million yes?

However, because God of War has never sold more than 4.8 million, it's impossible for it to hit 10 million?

Even though there are 60 million more PS4 owners than Switch owners? Are you sure about this?

Your missing a few takes on this, let me help you out.

First off GoW 1 and 2 were on a 150mil+ userbase, thats just to point out your userbase arguement.

Second, BotW sales are around 7mil (by end of 2017) and will be around 8mil after its been on the market for a year on switch alone. (Add 1.5mil for wiiu anytime later) and thats on a userbase of less than 20mil. Its an evergreen title that will sell as more and nore people buy the switch. GoW will not come close in legs.

Lastly Best selling LoZ as you said are 7.6mil and 8.5mil (TP on wii/gc) but BotW is an everchanging game to the franchise. Not to knock down GoW but they arent comparable in that reguard.

That said its just BotW though, GoW can outsell almost every LoZ ever aside from BotW