By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X releases in India at 45k rupees - $650

Are consoles more or less expensive in your country?

More 11 42.31%

Less 15 57.69%

Total:26
AnmolRed said:

Yep gotta buy Gow soon , but I have a lot of backlog as it is, will get there eventually though, thanks for the suggestions :)

Sure man, don't forget the rest though, all great games xD

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
RaptorChrist said:
What are the economics behind releasing a console in a poor country but making it more expensive? Is it all taxes on importing the product into the country?

Wouldn't it be cheaper for someone in India to purchase the console from somewhere else since it's region free.

It's the same reason why goods are more expensive in Europe than they are in the US. Those countries charge higher taxes. That cost doesn't get eaten by the manufacturer. You pay for it.

Console prices have been basically the same.

PS4 launch price:

400$ without VAT

400€ including VAT

Basically one main reason is that in Europe taxes are usually included in the sales price already, unlike the US.

Errorist76 said:
outlawauron said:

It's the same reason why goods are more expensive in Europe than they are in the US. Those countries charge higher taxes. That cost doesn't get eaten by the manufacturer. You pay for it.

PS4 launch price:

400$ without VAT

400€ including VAT

Basically one main reason is that in Europe taxes are usually included in the sales price already, unlike the US.

Your VAT is more than double my sales tax lol

Last edited by outlawauron - on 25 January 2018

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Errorist76 said:

PS4 launch price:

400$ without VAT

400€ including VAT

You're VAT is more than double my sales tax lol

Oh I forgot the dollar has dropped massively since Trump came to power. You're right. It used to be something like 1.10, now its 1,24 Dollars a Euro.

Errorist76 said:
outlawauron said:

You're VAT is more than double my sales tax lol

Oh I forgot the dollar has dropped massively since Trump came to power. You're right. It used to be something like 1.10, now its 1,24 Dollars a Euro.

I was talking from pure percentages. VAT is 20% in the UK (and higher in some countries). Sales tax is less than half of that in the US. Where I live, I only pay 5% sales tax. Was just pointing out that higher taxes is something often forgotten when comparing prices across countries.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Yes... consoles are more or less expensive in my country.

But I think they are worth it.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I would like to add that PC hardware is also more expensive in my country but PC games release at $20 to $40 new for most publishers which is why its considered cheap.

GOWTLOZ said:
I would like to add that PC hardware is also more expensive in my country but PC games release at $20 to $40 new for most publishers which is why its considered cheap.

true , but PC hardware doesnt have as high as a price disparity though, especially since ryzen.

AnmolRed said:
GOWTLOZ said:

true , but PC hardware doesnt have as high as a price disparity though, especially since ryzen.

That's not true as each individual component is more expensive. Together that cost adds up to about the same as consoles.

"Sony keeps fucking the consumers with their pricing strategy Xbox could make a comeback and I hope they do because PlayStation brings no discounts at all and that's just bad for consumers."

Was that a serious point? I couldn't take it so. If it was genuine representation of idea, please be informed what has a better market-share already. That was no fluke. At this point their VR hardware seems over-priced imho. The console(current sKU PS4 Pro) has been doing so well with features avaialble in PS plus, not to mention it's upcoming exclusive line-up. 2016 games like Deus-Ex are already free on PS plus and Dishonored 2 is available for 11 Euros slashed from 30 Euros(timed offer). Yeah no discounts at all... coming from your own perspective for poor defense.