By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X releases in India at 45k rupees - $650

Are consoles more or less expensive in your country?

More 11 42.31%

Less 15 57.69%

Total:26
GOWTLOZ said:
DonFerrari said:

Do you think grey market use legal channels of import/export???

Also if you are price sensitive you can just wait for the price drop. There is a lot of self-entitlement on "they should put the price at a level I can pay so I can play at release or I won't even buy it 6 months after".

This discussion isn't about me, as I've said so many times. Its about the populace in India. Don't just assume that I can't pay $60 upfront, that's not a lot of money for me but I'm financially stronger than most gamers. Its mostly 12 to 18 year olds who are into gaming in India, they are the ones in need of that price.

Grey market doesn't matter because the cost of shipping and import duties in countries still apply. At $40 that cost on top of the $40 would equate to the retail price of games in most countries anyways.

Grey market doesn't pay any import duties my friend.

People on the 12 and 18 are either making their parents buy or are pirating anyway because their income is 0, so even at 40 it would still be expensive for them anyway.

Very rarely I pay 60 usd for a game, except some very special exclusives the rest I buy 1 or even 4 years later for 10-20 range. Second hand market have allowed my collection to grow a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
GOWTLOZ said:

This discussion isn't about me, as I've said so many times. Its about the populace in India. Don't just assume that I can't pay $60 upfront, that's not a lot of money for me but I'm financially stronger than most gamers. Its mostly 12 to 18 year olds who are into gaming in India, they are the ones in need of that price.

Grey market doesn't matter because the cost of shipping and import duties in countries still apply. At $40 that cost on top of the $40 would equate to the retail price of games in most countries anyways.

People on the 12 and 18 are either making their parents buy or are pirating anyway because their income is 0, so even at 40 it would still be expensive for them anyway.

Very rarely I pay 60 usd for a game, except some very special exclusives the rest I buy 1 or even 4 years later for 10-20 range. Second hand market have allowed my collection to grow a lot.

Teenagers get pocket money. Some of them choose to spend it on games.

GOWTLOZ said:
DonFerrari said:

Teenagers get pocket money. Some of them choose to spend it on games.

Yes, and they rather buy 5 pirate games than 1 original even if the original was 40 right? At least that is how teenagers are in Brazil. That wouldn't really increase Sony profit.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."