By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: Switch may have sold 7m units globally during Oct-Dec, bringing LTD sales at more than 14.6m

so people are just allowed to post fake news here. thread to be closed.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:
So, usatoday was right: 14.6 sold and 400k on shelves - 15 million mar-dec's 2017

or maybe usa today and this analyst are both wrong. nintendo announced 10m switch sold in 9 months. 4.6m sold in december is too high

Switch sold 1.5M in the USA alone + 915K in Japan during December. The Switch also launched succesfully in South Korea by selling 110K units. That's 2.525M for just three countries. 

I fail to see why 4.6M for December is too high. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Pinkie_pie said:

or maybe usa today and this analyst are both wrong. nintendo announced 10m switch sold in 9 months. 4.6m sold in december is too high

Switch sold 1.5M in the USA alone + 915K in Japan during December. That's 2.415M for just two countries. 

who knows. it seems too high for me and vgchartz says so

um its not even been out 12 months yet

Alkibiádēs said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Switch sold 1.5M in the USA alone + 915K in Japan during December. The Switch also launched succesfully in South Korea by selling 110K units. That's 2.525M for just three countries. 

as of December 10 nintendo sold 10 million. NPD count sales from the 26 of november till the 30 of december, also japan did over 230k for those 9 days. keep in my mind that north america has been out selling rest of world/europe regions. So unless nintendo gave false info about hitting 10 million as of december 10, 4.6 million sell through is impossible.

Last edited by quickrick - on 21 January 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Alkibiádēs said:

as of December 10 nintendo sold 10 million. NPD count sales from the 26 of november till the 30 of december, also japan did over 230k for those 9 days. keep in my mind that north america has been out selling rest of world/europe regions.

Just because the news was reported on the 10th of December doesn't mean that it tracked sales all the way up to that date. That's literally impossible. It takes a while to gather global sell-through data like that, at least a week. 

I work for a big re-seller company, so I do know about this stuff (80% of our business is with Microsoft products). 

Alkibiádēs said:
quickrick said:

as of December 10 nintendo sold 10 million. NPD count sales from the 26 of november till the 30 of december, also japan did over 230k for those 9 days. keep in my mind that north america has been out selling rest of world/europe regions.

Just because the news was reported on the 10th of December doesn't mean that it tracked sales all the way up to that date. That's literally impossible. It takes a while to gather global sell-through data like that, at least a week. 

I work for a big re-seller company, so I do know about this stuff (80% of our business is with Microsoft). 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-sells-10-million-units-ww-in-9-months.10758/

Nintendo Switch Worldwide Sell-Through Surpasses 10 Million Units 
As of December 10th, worldwide life-to-date sell-through for Nintendo Switch, which launched on March 3, 2017, has surpassed 10 million units *.

Nintendo Switch is a home console equipped with a variety of unique features. Users can instantly take it on the go and share the Joy-Con controllers with those around them, enabling them to play whenever, wherever and with whomever they want. Nintendo Switch offers a wider range of playstyle options and places where games can be played, and has been well-received by consumers all around the world.

This December in Japan we are planning to ship more units than ever before so that even more consumers can purchase and enjoy Nintendo Switch.

quickrick said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I work for a big re-seller company, so I do know about this stuff (80% of our business is with Microsoft). 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-sells-10-million-units-ww-in-9-months.10758/

Nintendo Switch Worldwide Sell-Through Surpasses 10 Million Units 
As of December 10th, worldwide life-to-date sell-through for Nintendo Switch, which launched on March 3, 2017, has surpassed 10 million units *.

Nintendo Switch is a home console equipped with a variety of unique features. Users can instantly take it on the go and share the Joy-Con controllers with those around them, enabling them to play whenever, wherever and with whomever they want. Nintendo Switch offers a wider range of playstyle options and places where games can be played, and has been well-received by consumers all around the world.

This December in Japan we are planning to ship more units than ever before so that even more consumers can purchase and enjoy Nintendo Switch.

And? Nintendo made the tweet on the 10th of December, that's the original source. It's literally impossible to track this sell-through data in less than a day. 

I would rather just wait 10 more days more official numbers at this point before people start to go crazy over predictions.

That's kinda like beating Stephen Hawking in a boxing match though, to be fair...