By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: Switch may have sold 7m units globally during Oct-Dec, bringing LTD sales at more than 14.6m

Lucas-Rio said:
Barkley said:

You must have missed the link I gave in my post to the official corporate release on Nintendo's Site.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2017/171212.html

Word for Word from Nintendo themselves. As of December 10th, worldwide life-to-date sell-through for Nintendo Switch, which launched on March 3, 2017, has surpassed 10 million units *.

So Surpassed does not mean 10.00, it could easily be 10.5 or more.

From 10 December to now,  Nintendo already sold more than 800 000 switch In Japan. Worldwide the Switch must be over 13 millions easily. VGchartz numbers are wrong, deal with it

Then we're back to my original point, Nintendo is under-reporting their figures If it isn't close to 10m as of december 10th. If it could "easily be 10.5m or more" then why on earth wouldn't Nintendo use that figure? It sounds better so use it, that's how PR statements work.

Sony always report to the nearest decimal, even if it's not much higher, 30.2m for example. They could instead put more than 30m in the hopes people think it's higher then it actually is but that'd be pretty unprofessional.

So I'm not going to speculate that the "Surpassed 10m" figure Nintendo gives is actually quite a bit higher because I see zero reason for Nintendo to give a lower figure then they can.

As for the 800k in Japan from 10th December till now, congratulations on making a point that's completely irrelevant when the VGC figures are only for 2 weeks after December 10th, not 5/6.

Last edited by Barkley - on 21 January 2018

Around the Network

Yes, we know, people hate bluetooth with a passion. Stop rubbing it in.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Alkibiádēs said:

Estimates are based on something. It's well known Vgchartz alters its figures after reports from NPD, Media Create / Famitsu, financial reports of companies, etc. 

VGC numbers are based on something, they don't just make shit completely up, they're not as accurate as other sources you've mentioned which is why they adjust to be inline with those sources.

Just because they're not as accurate as NPD doesn't mean they're not an estimate and their numbers are completely baseless.

So either we're going to see 3.8 million units sold in last week of December or pretty significant adjustments in VGC figures.

Barkley said:
Lucas-Rio said:

So Surpassed does not mean 10.00, it could easily be 10.5 or more.

From 10 December to now,  Nintendo already sold more than 800 000 switch In Japan. Worldwide the Switch must be over 13 millions easily. VGchartz numbers are wrong, deal with it

Then we're back to my original point, Nintendo is under-reporting their figures If it isn't close to 10m as of december 10th. If it could "easily be 10.5m or more" then why on earth wouldn't Nintendo use that figure? It sounds better so use it, that's how PR statements work.

Sony always report to the nearest decimal, even if it's not much higher, 30.2m for example. They could instead put more than 30m in the hopes people think it's higher then it actually is but that'd be pretty unprofessional.

So I'm not going to speculate that the "Surpassed 10m" figure Nintendo gives is actually quite a bit higher because I see zero reason for Nintendo to give a lower figure then they can.

As for the 800k in Japan from 10th December till now, congratulations on making a point that's completely irrelevant when the VGC figures are only for 2 weeks after December 10th, not 5/6.

You are trying hard to defend numbers that have proved wrong many times and trying to dispute reliable analysis. It just doesn't work. Of course Nintendo never announce "we have reached 10.53 millestone". They either announce milestone 10 or 20 millions, or announce the shipment number in their financial, that's all.

Vgchartz numbers are wrong, accept it.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

They may very well be, but if you'd like to give any evidence at all to back up your claim that'd be nice.

So far your point has been that they look "ridiculously low" and that when Nintendo say 10m they probably mean 10.5m. Along with you not knowing the dates before spouting things out and then reaching for a figure for 5-6 weeks of data to prove 2 weeks of VGC data wrong, I'm probably not going to accept anything you say.

Your posts have just been full of errors, check things before you post maybe.

Barkley said:
Lucas-Rio said:

They may very well be, but if you'd like to give any evidence at all to back up your claim that'd be nice.

So far your point has been that they look "ridiculously low" and that when Nintendo say 10m they probably mean 10.5m. Along with you not knowing the dates before spouting things out and then reaching for a figure for 5-6 weeks of data to prove 2 weeks of VGC data wrong, I'm probably not going to accept anything you say.

Maybe you have some stakes in these VGchartz numbers, but it shouldn't obstruct you from reality. We have real analysts that give much higher numbers than VGchartz, who are way too low compared to what Nintendo themselves announced.

Nintendo will come with their official report at the end of this month. People will have to be patient. It;s going to be amazing result either way.

That said, the Switch will pass Vita fairly soon. Who knew a console would succeed with actual support from Sony:

Lucas-Rio said:
Barkley said:

Maybe you have some stakes in these VGchartz numbers, but it shouldn't obstruct you from reality. We have real analysts that give much higher numbers than VGchartz, who are way too low compared to what Nintendo themselves announced.

The 14.6m figure given by the analyst is shipment figures. Sorry the number didn't go from "over 10m" to "14.6m" in 21 days. 

No VGC figures are not "way too low" for what Nintendo themselves announced. 1.9m in two weeks is not "way too low".

Ryuu96 said:
Thread title updated.

Like dictator?  There are other thread to talk whith analist referer and you dont remame??  you need to bring back yhe original name please

User Pm'd ~ Ryuu96

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 January 2018