By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: Switch may have sold 7m units globally during Oct-Dec, bringing LTD sales at more than 14.6m

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

Thats why i said minimum.

NoA should be close to if not exactly 3mil. Europe is bigger but lets say its between 1.5-2x more so 5mil That total right there is 13.8mil add RotW lets say 1.5mil? 15.3mil. Ok maybe up to 16.5mil max.

Its hard to tell without numbers but even if RotW+NoA+Europe is double Japan thats a total of 18mil and we kno its not close to this

Yeah I meant too low for a minimum, also I think the person who said 19m was joking.

14-16m seems about right for me, if anything Vita is overtracked, but not by 4.5m lol

Thats my guess too. 15mil should be about right

Around the Network

When is Sony's and Nintendo financial reports? We will find out then who is selling more

Pocky Lover Boy! 

quickrick said:
so people are just allowed to post fake news here. thread to be closed.

Agree, any Switch sales thread of you should be closed

HoangNhatAnh said:
quickrick said:
so people are just allowed to post fake news here. thread to be closed.

But he's never made a Switch sales thread... in fact he's only ever made one thread. Unprovoked DISS.

Barkley said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

But he's never made a Switch sales thread... in fact he's only ever made one thread. Unprovoked DISS.

Yeah, doesn't mean he won't make one in the future

Around the Network
Jranation said:
When is Sony's and Nintendo financial reports? We will find out then who is selling more

Nintendo will be at january 31 and Sony at february 2. Not too long from now.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
Jranation said:

Nintendo will be at january 31 and Sony at february 2. Not too long from now.

Not that sony report Vita figures because they're trash.

Barkley said:
Lucas-Rio said:

So Surpassed does not mean 10.00, it could easily be 10.5 or more.

From 10 December to now,  Nintendo already sold more than 800 000 switch In Japan. Worldwide the Switch must be over 13 millions easily. VGchartz numbers are wrong, deal with it

Then we're back to my original point, Nintendo is under-reporting their figures If it isn't close to 10m as of december 10th. If it could "easily be 10.5m or more" then why on earth wouldn't Nintendo use that figure? It sounds better so use it, that's how PR statements work.

Sony always report to the nearest decimal, even if it's not much higher, 30.2m for example. They could instead put more than 30m in the hopes people think it's higher then it actually is but that'd be pretty unprofessional.

So I'm not going to speculate that the "Surpassed 10m" figure Nintendo gives is actually quite a bit higher because I see zero reason for Nintendo to give a lower figure then they can.

As for the 800k in Japan from 10th December till now, congratulations on making a point that's completely irrelevant when the VGC figures are only for 2 weeks after December 10th, not 5/6.

Alright, i'll just tell you this. In January 2010, Nintendo annunced they sold 3 million Wii in USA in December. Guess when NPD was out how many units they sold?

3.81 million....... Nintendo most of the time underestimate his annuncements, they like to use the word "over", so instead of say "nearly 4m" they said "over 3m".

Using NPD estimate we have this year for Switch, 2017 numbers should be 4.89m. Guess what Nintendo said? They sold over 4.8m. Not almost 4.9m, but over 4.8m.

You can be 100% sure that if they said they sold over 10 million, the real numbers were higher than that. Could be 10.1 million like 10.9 million. Honestly i don't think they were much over that, but 10.5 million are for sure a realistic scenario.

At least with all the dichiarations we have so far, you know, first the 25% of WW sales from Japan, then Nintendo France saying Switch outsold Wii U (and you may believe they were talking about shipments numers, but to me it seem they were really talking about sales), and now we have analyst predicting over 14.6 million WW shipped.

You know............. You can't ignore all those points.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Estimates are based on something. It's well known Vgchartz alters its figures after reports from NPD, Media Create / Famitsu, financial reports of companies, etc. 

VGC numbers are based on something, they don't just make shit completely up, they're not as accurate as other sources you've mentioned which is why they adjust to be inline with those sources.

Just because they're not as accurate as NPD doesn't mean they're not an estimate and their numbers are completely baseless.

VGChartz track for USA sales = over 95%
VGChartz track for USA sales = less than 0.5%

Look, i can ask to my cousin who work at Gamestop how many console they sold, and from those numbers trying to estimate all USA sales. They would be more or less as accurate as VGChartz

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

Thats why i said minimum.

NoA should be close to if not exactly 3mil. Europe is bigger but lets say its between 1.5-2x more so 5mil That total right there is 13.8mil add RotW lets say 1.5mil? 15.3mil. Ok maybe up to 16.5mil max.

Its hard to tell without numbers but even if RotW+NoA+Europe is double Japan thats a total of 18mil and we kno its not close to this

Yeah I meant too low for a minimum, also I think the person who said 19m was joking.

14-16m seems about right for me, if anything Vita is overtracked, but not by 4.5m lol

PSVita was at 9.7 million SHIPPED by the end of 2014. Shipped, not sold.

Since that, it only sold something in Japan, and we talk about 2 million for 2015+2016+2017.

In 2015 Vita sold only 370k in USA, and in 2016 numbers are so low we know nothing, we only know the first 2 months Vita was down by like >60% YOY.

Imo, Vita probabily only sold 13 million worldwide. 14 million is a bold estimate, 15 million is a wishful thinking.

The Vita was selling equals to Wii U at 2014~
10million each, more or less.

Then, suddenly, without explanation, Vgchartz adjusted up with 2 million.
The fact is: was selling like the Wii U. 2015-2016-2017 the console Just DIED on EUA (vgchartz numbers), and at Europe is selling like the Last Wii U's year.

In 2017, the console almost DIED on Japan too. Falling a cliff. 15-20k/week to 3-5k thanks to the Switch.

It's an absurd say that is with more than 14.5 million. (And I'm being benevolent)

I think it sold 13m and shipped 15m, that’s amazing btw.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won